No announcement yet.

TE Vernon Davis - Pro Bowler??

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In all honestly, look who he's had passing to him? Alex Smith? Shaun Hill (For part of the season, in all honesty, the guy can put up numbers).

Am I missing someone? Alex Smith is just horrible, I have no idea how you can become so bad being in the NFL. But he's overcome the odds and is terrible, just cut him and get it over with, it's not going to get better. With (hopefully) Shaun Hill starting next year, Davis will put up some good numbers. Enough for the Pro Bowl? Probably not, if not this year, I'd say definitely in 2010. That's when Davis could make the Pro Bowl.

All the talent and potential in the world, he just needs a guy like Singletary to push him, and a Quarterback like Hill to get him the ball.
    | Hawkeyes || Rams || Lakers || Braves || Avalanche |

Comment

He'll never make pro bowl on the 9ers
      -Boston Red Sox-New England Patriots-Boston Celtics-

Comment

I'd sure love to take a shot on him. One of the best blocking tight ends in the game already, with the potential to break a big play at any moment, and the upside to turn into one of the very best receiving tight ends....
        Originally posted by SNIPER26
        fwiw, i amz deunks ofs myt ass. ilo vez drinmoinz befotre i post. wha t a hreat ideas.z.

Comment

Davis would only be marginally better than he is right now if Peyton Manning was the 49ers quarterback. He sucks, as a receiving tight end, and will continue to suck unless he learns how run routes and catch.

Comment

As a pass-catching TE, Davis has been a huge bust (partly his fault and partly the fault of the OC). However, as a blocking TE he has been hugely successful. This means no pro-bowls though, because TEs go to pro-bowl based on fantasy stats and not their true value to a team. If they went on true value to a team then Daniel Graham would be a pro-bowler every year.

I dont see him getting the kind of receiving stats he would need to make a pro-bowl anytime soon.

Comment

Abaddon41_80 is correct. VD's hands are the biggest thing holding him back. He drops way too many passes. The team has zero confidence in him. The 9er offense is usually run-run-pass. Well, the team doesn't really target him on third down since they can't afford the drop and subsequent punt.
              The Brian Sabean sig is no more. I disagreed with you on so many levels. And then you went out and built a dynasty. I am lame.

Comment

Hmmm, am I the only one that thought this was a thread bumped from two years ago? I didn't think anyone would still be putting Vernon Davis and Pro Bowl in the same sentence.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

Originally posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
                  Hmmm, am I the only one that thought this was a thread bumped from two years ago? I didn't think anyone would still be putting Vernon Davis and Pro Bowl in the same sentence.
                  Seriously. Let's let him become an above average TE before we start talking about him in the Pro Bowl.

For what seems like the millionth time, football is not a track meet.

Comment

Maybe I'm trippin but wasn't Vernon Davis a Pro Bowl Alternate?

Comment

Yes he was a pro bowl alternate last year.

Comment

Vernon Davis has short arms. His workout numbers mislead people into thinking it translated into a receiving tightend. It didnt.

Comment

Originally posted by Geo View Post
                          As long as Witten remains productive, the star on his helmet will get him voted in.
                          Or maybe his numbers, production, and play on the field will get him voted in? I just hate people who continually use this excuse, we weren't politicing players to get into the pro bowl like the Redskins were last year.

Terrance Newman was nowhere to be found in the pro bowl last year, Marion Barber, Tony Romo, but all year people were assuming the same thing about them...We all know the Pro Bowl is a joke, and the more primetime games a team gets the better chance a certain player has to make it, but I wish people would stop acting like Cowboys just get voted in every year just because they play for Dallas.

Comment

Originally posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
                            Or maybe his numbers, production, and play on the field will get him voted in? I just hate people who continually use this excuse, we weren't politicing players to get into the pro bowl like the Redskins were last year.

Terrance Newman was nowhere to be found in the pro bowl last year, Marion Barber, Tony Romo, but all year people were assuming the same thing about them...We all know the Pro Bowl is a joke, and the more primetime games a team gets the better chance a certain player has to make it, but I wish people would stop acting like Cowboys just get voted in every year just because they play for Dallas.
                            This is a very good point, but I am afraid it is your cross to bear until the memory of Roy Williams fades.

Comment

Touche, can't deny that.

Comment

His work ethic is great, he gives 100% and is a solid tightend. The 49ers have failed to use him the way they should, that will change this season. He is one of the top blocking tightends in the NFL, with more balls thrown his way I expect him to move up in the receiving ranks to. As far as the pro-bowl, who knows... The pro-bowl is ********.
                                Die hard 49ers fan for over 20 years.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information