TE Vernon Davis - Pro Bowler??

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
    Lewis is an average blocker, at best. Davis is one of, if not the best, blocking starting tight end in the league.
    Fail, fail, fail, fail, fail. Lewis is actually a better blocker than receiver.

Their careers are actually eerily similar. They were considered dominant receiving threats coming out who couldn't block. In the NFL, they learned how to block very, very well but forgot how to catch. And this season, they're playing much more complete games.

Comment

Originally posted by yourfavestoner View Post
      Fail, fail, fail, fail, fail. Lewis is actually a better blocker than receiver.

Their careers are actually eerily similar. They were considered dominant receiving threats coming out who couldn't block. In the NFL, they learned how to block very, very well but forgot how to catch. And this season, they're playing much more complete games.
      Yeah but only VD was chosen as a pro bowl alternate based solely on blocking

Comment

Originally posted by YAYareaRB View Post
        Yeah but only VD was chosen as a pro bowl alternate based solely on blocking
        I'm not trying to argue against VD's blocking ability, or that Lewis is a better blocker than him. Just that Lewis has developed into a very good blocking TE in his own right.

Comment

I'm glad Vernon Davis is having success this year. I thought he was the shizz coming out of Maryland. I even took him in like the sixth round of my FF Draft his rookie year.

http://minnesotasportstwentyfourseven.blogspot.com/

Comment

I guess the games when Lewis demonstrates his blocking ability must be home games because whenever I see him play, he is a better receiver than blocker.

Comment

I like Davis, but he has zero chance to make the pro-bowl as long as Witten and Gonzalez are in the conference. There is a decent chance he could beat out Kellen Winslow, who is stuck on a terrible team.

Comment

Originally posted by Vikes99ej View Post
                I'm glad Vernon Davis is having success this year. I thought he was the shizz coming out of Maryland. I even took him in like the sixth round of my FF Draft his rookie year.
                Yeah it is about time. I was contemplating buying a Vernon Davis jersey when he was drafted cause I thought he was going to be a flat out stud.

It just seems as if drafting a TE THAT early isn't really justified.

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan

Comment

Originally posted by Shiver View Post
                  I like Davis, but he has zero chance to make the pro-bowl as long as Witten and Gonzalez are in the conference. There is a decent chance he could beat out Kellen Winslow, who is stuck on a terrible team.
                  Ha I totally forgot Gonzo was in the NFC now. So yeah he and Witten will be the pro bowlers. There are only 2 TE's selected. Anyways no way in hell VD would pass Cooley. Winslow probably, but not Cooley, he's arguably one of the top 3 most consistent TE's in the league receiving although isn't anywhere near Witten in blocking.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
                  http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
                  Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
                  http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966

Comment

Originally posted by Shiver View Post
                    So far it looks like Brent Celek is having a pro bowl season. He won't make it though considering it's just as much a popularity contest as anything.

22-245-2 in 3 games.
                    Last edited by Go_Eagles77; 10-08-2009, 03:54 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Go_Eagles77 View Post
                      So far it looks like Brent Celek is having a pro bowl season. He won't make it though considering it's just as much a popularity contest as anything.

22-245-2 in 3 games.
                      celek is not really close to the others though

Comment

Celek is pretty tight tho.

Comment

Originally posted by YAYareaRB View Post
                          Celek is pretty tight tho.
                          but not on the level of Witten, Cooley or Gonzo at all, without the popularity contest. He had 4 games so far and im not sure, but i dont think he is as covered as tightly as others

Comment

Originally posted by *** Ork Wang View Post
                            but not on the level of Witten, Cooley or Gonzo at all, without the popularity contest. He had 4 games so far and im not sure, but i dont think he is as covered as tightly as others
                            http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorysta...true&Submit=Go

And Celek has already had his bye week. The only other one that you mentioned that also has is Gonzo.

I know it's still early in the season and stats don't mean everything, but if you would watch him play, you would think he is deserving so far. He has done a fine job blocking and when he catches the ball, he is like a bull, almost always needing 3-4 guys to bring him down. Who would have thought Cortland Finnegan would have made the pro bowl last year? Every year there's a couple of guys who no one expects that break out and become great players, and I think Celek is one of them this season. If he was a 1st round pick and not a 5th, there would be no doubt.

Comment

well 3 games makes it even worse. thats a really erally really small sample then to suggest he could make the pro bowl. Grossman looked MVP like the first 5 games in 06

Comment

Originally posted by *** Ork Wang View Post
                                well 3 games makes it even worse. thats a really erally really small sample then to suggest he could make the pro bowl. Grossman looked MVP like the first 5 games in 06
                                True, that's why I keep saying so far. I'll even be surprised if he keeps up this pace for the rest of the season.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information