Offseason Injuries thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Offseason Injuries thread

Seems like every year starting with mini-camps and running through training camp, we see some key players go down with severe injuries.

During rookie mini-camps following the draft, we saw Pats rookie LB Tyronne McKenzie go down with a torn ACL and then Saints rookie LB Stanley Arnoux rupture his achilles. Both done for the year.

And there were quite possibly others in that time that just aren't coming to my mind now....feel free to bring them up.

Now, we've seen a veteran starter bite the dust as 49ers CB Walt Harris has torn his ACL.

http://www.profootballtalk.com/2009/...ris-tears-acl/

So I figured we could use this thread to keep track of all the offseason injuries instead of starting a new one for each and every player as sometimes (and probably still will) happen.

McKenzie's injury stung for the Pats, we needed LB help badly going into the draft and he was the only one we took. Losing a rookie for the year to a tough injury like that really sucks, especially before the season even starts.

Comment

http://www.neworleanssaints.com/Arti...%20Injury.aspx

Our 2nd pick in the 4th round. Not good, not good at all.

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack

Comment

Maybe Rod Hood will get a call from the Niners now.

Comment

Originally posted by Sniper View Post
          Maybe Rod Hood will get a call from the Niners now.
          Oh please no.
          The Brian Sabean sig is no more. I disagreed with you on so many levels. And then you went out and built a dynasty. I am lame.

Comment

Originally posted by Borat View Post
            Oh please no.
            There's really nobody else available though..

Comment

Originally posted by 49ersfan_87 View Post
              Nobody would be better than Hood. :)
              The Brian Sabean sig is no more. I disagreed with you on so many levels. And then you went out and built a dynasty. I am lame.

Comment

Originally posted by Borat View Post
                Nobody would be better than Hood. :)
                Haha he wouldn't be that bad, who would start opposite of Clements? Strickland?

Comment

Originally posted by Donno View Post
                  Terell Brown I guess. I'll take Chris McAllister though. He has ties to Coach Sing from the Baltimore days.

Comment

Originally posted by Donno View Post
                    he's on the Jets

Comment

Originally posted by 49ersfan_87 View Post
                      I believe Mike McKenzie's still out there.. he's getting up there in age but he was a reliable starter, and strong veteran presence the past few years. Although he does have some injury concerns of his own... last two seasons ended with major leg injuries, but if he's back in playing shape he'd probably be a decent stopgap.

Comment

Trade us Vernon Davis and your first round pick for Sheldon Brown. kthxbai.

Comment

Originally posted by Auron View Post
                          I believe Mike McKenzie's still out there.. he's getting up there in age but he was a reliable starter, and strong veteran presence the past few years. Although he does have some injury concerns of his own... last two seasons ended with major leg injuries, but if he's back in playing shape he'd probably be a decent stopgap.
                          I was getting ready to say. Clements with McKenzie opposite and Rod Hood for depth really isn't bad.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
                          WHO DAT!

Comment

Why is McCallister still unsigned anyway? 9ers should sign him over Rod Hood 8 days a week, and twice on Sunday. 9ers should sign him 9 times.

Comment

49ers need help at corner now, but its not time to panic yet. We have Tarrell Brown and Shawntee Spencer (coming off season ending leg injury last year) who could both handle #2 corner duties fairly well. But yes, we need depth at minimum and if we could find a starter that would be great.

Wish we didn't let Strickland go, he'd be nice to have right about now.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information