Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• James Harrison's pit bull attacks his son and massage therapist

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4199432

What strikes me about this story is that people who try to tell you that pit bull's aren't unpredictable and sometimes dangerous will have to make a choice: Do they admit that pit bull's are unpredictable and potentially dangerous or do they blame the owner? The good thing is Harrison's son will apparently be ok.

What happened to my post???? I was just making a joke. I wasn't being serious
    Originally posted by SunTzu_22
    Just let it go RWO.
    We as Ravens fans are clearly scum of the earth, and should just be happy that these great people, who cheer for nothing than the finest, morally impeccable players, playing on the finest, most morally impeccable teams, will grace us with their presence, and words of wisdom.

John Wall
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4CbQGBbUOw

Comment

so did mine. to his post,

Or maybe he could just fight it.

sig by fenikz
      Originally posted by ImBrotherCain
      You are just a terrible person.
      Originally posted by bigbluedefense
      I have an iPhone.

Comment

Why do these people want pit bulls? Does it bring some kinda ganster/thug status like putting 24inch rims on some random car? So you have to ask why do people want pit bulls i will almost always bet its not because they truly want a dog as an companion, its more to do as a status. I tell people if you want a dog get something that isnt that unpredictable and get something like a Lab or Retriever. Many of these breeders breed these dogs to have a very snappy disposition for fighting these traits get passed on from dog to dog so why do people still think these dogs can be good around kids? Yes mayb they can but why chance it around kids. .... James Harrison keeps doing things that make me just wonder sometimes!

Comment

Originally posted by Halsey View Post
          http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4199432

What strikes me about this story is that people who try to tell you that pit bull's aren't unpredictable and sometimes dangerous will have to make a choice: Do they admit that pit bull's are unpredictable and potentially dangerous or do they blame the owner? The good thing is Harrison's son will apparently be ok.
          Pit bull is a loose term. The category can include over a dozen different types of dog breeds. I don't know the specific breed of James Harrison's pit bull, so I can't speak specifically about it.

However, there is no national record for dog bites. only dog bites resulting in a fatality. This skews the number by a lot. Since the majority of dog bits resulting in a fatality are pit bull related, it suggests that they are somehow worse than other dogs. I assure you though that all dogs, including pit bulls, are "unpredictable and dangerous".

Certain dog breeds have higher prey drives than other dogs, I don't have the list in front of me, but can come back and get it later. However, no matter the dog's prey drive, it's possible for dogs even with a high prey drive to never attack anyone; but it largely depends on the owner and not the dog.

This attack has nothing to do with the entire breed of dog, but is probably a case of mistreatment on Harrison's part. in the beginning of the article, it says that the dog bit his son after the mother let it out of it's pen.

Comment

The number of people getting pit bulls seems to be increasing dramatically, especially since the Vick thing. Pit Bulls are a hard breed that require alot of time and training, don't lump all of them as being bad dogs but so many people get them to be cool now, and don't have a clue how to train their dog. Not that any of this really applies to Harrison, because I don't know what happened.

Comment

lol Yea because the only people who have Pit bulls are "Thugs". Pit bulls are cool looking and they are friendly dogs(when they are not attacking people). I personally like Rottweilers. I don't want one because I want to be a "thug" just because they are cool. I had a English springer spaniel and she got mean and attacked my little sister(7 at the time). All dogs are unpredictable. I guess we should just erase pit bulls from existence.
              Just let it go RWO.
              We as Ravens fans are clearly scum of the earth, and should just be happy that these great people, who cheer for nothing than the finest, morally impeccable players, playing on the finest, most morally impeccable teams, will grace us with their presence, and words of wisdom.

John Wall

Comment

That's why I want a bulldog. They're too lazy to attack people.

Comment

I have an American Bulldog and she is awesome.
                  Just let it go RWO.

John Wall

Comment

pit bulls are 100% fine given the proper environment. that being said....they should never be around 2 year old kids who compete for their owners attention. the kid isn't seen as a dominant figure in the house and the dog was probably trying to put the kid in 'his place' in the pack.
                    SCA Prowler is my Xbox Live Gamertag
                    Fire Caldwell!!!

Prowler's Newb Guide

Comment

I'd wager that the number of pit bulls which have harmed a person out of the total population of pit bulls is minuscule.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

If you buy Pit's from a good breeder they arent any more prone to violence than others breeds. I am betting Harrison's dog was bought as a guard dog and therefore was raised to be aggressive(and also had that in his family lineage).
                        When I eat, it is the food that is scared.

Comment

Originally posted by Brent View Post
                          I'd wager that the number of pit bulls which have harmed a person out of the total population of pit bulls is minuscule.
                          I'd still be pretty skeptical to own one. I would choose a number of different breads over a pittbull.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
                          they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
                          Hint:Not the Bears.

Comment

That's ridiculous to say that only "thugs" want pitbulls.
                            I love pitballs for the simple fact that alot of my friends and family have Pits
                            and every single one of them are friggin great.
                            Not once have they ever attacked anyone. In fact, they're the complete opposite.
                            They're just playful as hell. It does depend on how you train them though.
                            These dogs are so obedient, it's ridiculous. The only reason I dont have a Pit
                            myself is because they're not allowed on military housing (along with American Bulldog and Akitas)

Ah well- I've heard of all the pitbull attacks but none have come from the various ones through the family and friends.
                            -Boston Red Sox-New England Patriots-Boston Celtics-

Comment

Originally posted by Prowler View Post
                              pit bulls are 100% fine given the proper environment. that being said....they should never be around 2 year old kids who compete for their owners attention. the kid isn't seen as a dominant figure in the house and the dog was probably trying to put the kid in 'his place' in the pack.
                              No one should ever own a dog bigger than their children as a rule of thumb. Wait till the child gets a little bit older then become a dog a owner. Or give your dog away if you just had a child.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information