Tully Banta-cain signs with the niners w/ link

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Larry View Post
    Fields and Franklin will rotate at NT. Both are big space eaters.

The niners need a DT like Carriker and Branch to replace Bryant Young in the future.
    Fields is going to start/possibly rotate with Oliver at DE.. it'll be Sopoaga, Franklin, and probably a draft pick rotating at NT. Nolan and McCloughan are very high on Fields as a DE and consider him to be the future replacement of BY which I don't think makes DE is as dire a need as Niner fans are making it out to be. What we really need is an everydown NT like a Williams or Hampton to run the 3-4 as effectively as we can. For now I'd love to solidify our linebackers by taking Patrick Willis(a player Nolan and Singletary both liked at the Senior Bowl). Lawson-Willis-Moore-Haralson/Green/Banta-Cain would give us a really solid young LB corp for years to come. I wouldn't rule out Nolan and McCloughan taking Landry if he fell to 11 either. And Dwayne Bowe was another guy the Niners coaching staff, particularly the WR coach Jerry Sullivan, really liked at the Senior Bowl.

Comment

Originally posted by HawkeyeFan View Post
      Pisses me off more that we didn't match it.
      Coming back to the bay area probably gave us the slight edge.

Comment

Adam Schefter is reporting different contract numbers http://www.nfl.com/nflnetwork/story/10033511
        San Francisco has signed free agent LB Tully Banta-Cain to a three-yeal, $8.7 million deal, which includes a $2.9 million signing bonus. Pittsburgh and St. Louis each had been interested in signing Banta-Cain.

Comment

Originally posted by Vikes99ej View Post
          Imagine being a Vikings fan and watching your coach sign Vinsanthe Shiancoe expecting him to be the #1 TE. That's hard.
          Exactly, and what are you even talking about? The Rams signed Drew Bennett.

Comment

Originally posted by BuckNaked View Post
            he is sayin they havent signed any defensive playas yet cuz

Comment

Good signing, the 49ers are on the rise

Thanks to jackalope

Comment

Originally posted by BuckNaked View Post
                Doesn't help much when the money could have been better used such as some of the better defensive players out there when we would have been in position to draft a few stud Wide Recievers.
                | Hawkeyes || Rams || Lakers || Braves || Avalanche |

Comment

Working...
                X

Debug Information