Immediate impact from your 2009 draft class

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sniper View Post
    And then he'll take Roger Goodell's mother out for a nice seafood dinner AND NEVER CALL HER AGAIN!
    ROGER GOODELL'S MOTHER IS A SAINT!!!!
    Nanna Bryndís Hilmarsdóttir is a goddess

Rest in Peace, themaninblack

Comment

The Bills will see a pretty good amount of this class early on.

Eric Wood and Andy Levitre are penciled in as our starting guards.

Shawn Nelson looks like he could easily start based on his catching ability alone.

Jairus Byrd ought to step right into a competition at safety. His starting chances depend a lot on where we feel comfortable playing Whitner.

Nic Harris could be a STer, while Cary Harris and Ellis "The Sex" Lankster will need to find some niche or hope for the continued disappointment of Ashton Youboty.

Aaron Maybin will have a featured pass-rushing role that should grow as the time progresses.

Garrison Sanborn is 100000x better than Ryan Neill at snapping long and I pray that he is our new guy.

Comment

Vontae Davis- Should start opposite of Will Allen on opening day.

Pat White- Will be involved in the wildcat and wouldnt be suprised if there will be some other plays designed for him.

Sean Smith- Likely be the 4th corner/ST player. Should come in on redzone situations and lineup against the taller WR's.

Patrick Turner- Either be the 3rd or 4th WR for us(depending on how Camarillo does from his acl recovery)

Brian Hartline- Mostly just a ST player this season.

John Nalbone- 3rd TE and maybe ST's.

Chris Clemons- Might get some time on defense in dime packages and ST's.

Andrew Gardner- Likely will be Jake Long's backup.

JD Folsom- PS guy most likely.
        Last edited by Da-Phins; 05-23-2009, 01:02 PM.

Props to fenikz on the awesome sig

Comment

Detroit Lions

Stafford-he's most likely sitting out the first half of the season no matter what with Culpepper starting and Stanton backing up. If he lights the world on fire, then he'll push for more time.

Pettigrew-immediate starter and #1 TE option. linehan used wiggins and kleinsasser a bunch back when he was with culpepper and the vikings. only had one touchdown last year, but that was a dominant spread offense with alot of weapons.

Louis Delmas- immediate starter and potential leader in the secondary. detroit's team leader only had 1 interception last year, so delmas should bring some much needed playmaking ability.

Derrick Williams- i don't expect a lot out of him this season. lions have decent depth with him, Calvin, Bryant Johnson, and Ronald Curry. i expect williams to be given a shot at some return duties.

DeAndre Levy and Sammie Lee Hill- i have really high hopes for Sammie's future, but right now he's just a backup along with Levy.

the lions have a new head coach, and are coming off of an 0-16 season. schwartz has stated that every position is up for grabs and it seems like we've brought in free agents to push for time at every position this year.
          SCA Prowler is my Xbox Live Gamertag
          Fire Caldwell!!!

Prowler's Newb Guide

Comment

Browns rookies should actually have a huge impact on this 2009 season...

Robiskie wasn't brought in to sit around and watch, he has the talent to play now and is a perfect replacement for Joe Jurevicius who missed all of 2008.

Massaquoi will probably end up taking Donte's spot at receiver although hopefully he doesn't just do that because then he would be considered a bust the way Stallworth played in 2008. Receiver is going to be a weird position for the Browns in 2009 because of the vet receivers we picked up (Furrey and Patten) and the receivers we drafted.

Veikune should actually start opposite of Wimbley due to our horrible horrible players at OLB, it depends if whether or not he can outperform Bowns/Barton (I forget which one was brought in to play OLB)

Rounds 4-7 are usually a mess for the Browns but I liked our additions of Miava to play special teams and rotate in on defense as well as one of our two db's to compete for a job in the nickel. I'm curious to see how James Davis pans out because I like Jerome harrison and think he could be like a Darren Sproles if he was given enough playing time.

As for Alex Mack... He will probably end up killing everyone he faces due to his brute strength and ability to move the entire defensive line back 20 yards but everyone already knew this so its pointless for me to bring it up.

Comment

Jason Smith, Tackle, Baylor - Likely to start at Right Tackle Day 1 for us, word is, he's looking pretty damn good in camp. He'll start opposite of Alex Barron who'll be at Left Tackle.

James Laurinatis, MLB, Ohio State - Most likely going to start at MLB Day 1 for us, again. Sounds like he's doing very well in Mini camp and all that. Spagnuolo said that he had missed his assignment in practice, and still came back and had a great play on the ball. He's a rookie in a new defense, so of course he'll miss his assignment in practice right away.

Bradley Fletcher, CB, Iowa
              - He'll compete with Tye Hill, Jonathan Wade and Justin King for a shot at the starting position next to Bartell, I, myself believe that Fletcher will make a strong push, and very well may end up starting. Probably not week 1.

Darell Scott, DT, Clemson
              - He'll be in rotation with Clifton Ryan, Adam Carriker and newly acquired Orien Harris. Not a bad rotation, plenty of potential.

Brooks Foster, WR, North Carolina - He'll have to compete with Derek Stanley and Tim Carter for a spot on the roster. I believe that he'll end up staying with us.

Keith Null, QB, West Texas A&M - Has to compete with Brock Berlin for that 3rd Quarterback spot.

Chris Ogbonnaya, RB, Texas
              - He'll have to compete with Antonio Pittman, and Kenneth Darby for a roster spot.
              | Hawkeyes || Rams || Lakers || Braves || Avalanche |

Comment

Tennessee Titans

Kenny Britt-WR- Might not be anything more than a slot reciver this year just because from all accounts Nate Washington and Justin Gage have looked great so far in the OTA's. He will still have to battle Lavelle Hawkins for the slot job but I expect he will win it.

SenDerrick Marks-DT- Will most likely be the 4th DT behind Jason Jones, Tony Brown, and Jovan Haye. Will see alot of work because of our rotation. Could take Haye's spot later on in the season.

Jared Cook-TE-He will see playing time this year for sure, No one knows where yet but my guess is his role will be a Red-Zone target for Kerry Collins.

Ryan Mouton-CB-He will compete for kick return duties with Mark Jones this year. As for on defense I dont see him playing much barring injurys. Will cover kicks also. May compete with Cary Williams for dime spot.

Gerald McRath-OLB-He will be the first guy off the bench if Keith Bulluck or David Thorton get hurt. Looks like a good apprentice for Keith and will play alot of ST.

Troy Kropog-OT- Daniel Lopers replacement. ST blocker.

Javon Ringer-RB-- Will battle Chris Henry and Rafael Little for the #3 spot for the RB's. He is the fan favorite to win it.

Jason McCourty-CB- He is going to have to show he can be a beast on ST in order to make the roster. Will compete with DeMarcus Faggins for the final CB job. Canidate for practice squad.

Dominique Edison-WR- Like McCourty he will have to prove to be a very valuable ST and playmaker in order to make the roster. Will compete with Mark Jones, Paul Williams and Chris Davis for final Reciver spot. Canidate for practice squad.

Ryan Durand-OG- Hard to see him make the 53 man roster. Canidate for practice Squad.

Nick Shommer-S- Will battle Donnie Nickey for Back-up SS and ST job. Uphill battle. Canidate for practice squad.
                Last edited by DoughBoy; 05-23-2009, 01:44 PM.

Originally posted by Jurrell Casey
                I love light skin and white women but my main chick is brown skin

Comment

Originally posted by DoughBoy View Post
                  Tennessee Titans

Kenny Britt-WR- Might not be anything more than a slot reciver this year just because from all accounts Nate Washington and Justin Gage have looked great so far in the OTA's. He will still have to battle Lavelle Hawkins for the slot job but I expect he will win it.

SenDerrick Marks-DT- Will most likely be the 4th DT behind Jason Jones, Tony Brown, and Jovan Haye. Will see alot of work because of our rotation.

Jared Cook-TE-He will see playing time this year for sure, No one knows where yet but my guess is his role will be a Red-Zone target for Kerry Collins.

Ryan Mouton-CB-He will compete for kick return duties with Mark Jones this year. As for on defense I dont see him playing much barring injurys. Will cover kicks also.

Gerald McRath-OLB-He will be the first guy off the bench if Keith Bulluck or David Thorton get hurt. Looks like a good apprentice for Keith and will play alot of ST.

Troy Kropog-OT- Daniel Lopers replacement. ST blocker.

Javon Ringer-RB-- Will battle Chris Henry and Rafael Little for the #3 spot for the RB's. He is the fan favorite to win it.

Jason McCourty-CB- He is going to have to show he can be a beast on ST in order to make the roster. Will compete with DeMarcus Faggins for the final CB job. Canidate for practice squad.

Dominique Edison-WR- Like McCourty he will have to prove to be a very valuable ST and playmaker in order to make the roster. Will compete with Mark Jones, Paul Williams and Chris Davis for final Reciver spot. Canidate for practice squad.

Ryan Durand-OG- Hard to see him make the 53 man roster. Canidate for practice Squad.

Nick Shommer-S- Will battle Donnie Nickey for Back-up SS and ST job. Uphill battle. Canidate for practice squad.
                  agreed, although i think britt could unseat one of them late in the season

Comment

Yeah its hard to imagine Justin Gage staying healthy a whole year.

Comment

Yeah its hard to imagine Justin Gage staying healthy a whole year.
                      or washington having a massive impact enough to keep britt on the bench

Comment

I hope Britt becomes legit...the football gods owe us a great reciver by now.

Comment

I hope Britt becomes legit...the football gods owe us a great reciver by now.
                          As one of the resident Rutgers fans on the board I think you have a very good player with Britt. I like Washington so I could see Britt overtaking Gage halfway into the season.
                          #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Originally posted by SuperMcgee View Post
                            The Bills will see a pretty good amount of this class early on.

Eric Wood and Andy Levitre are penciled in as our starting guards.

Shawn Nelson looks like he could easily start based on his catching ability alone.

Jairus Byrd ought to step right into a competition at safety. His starting chances depend a lot on where we feel comfortable playing Whitner.

Nic Harris could be a STer, while Cary Harris and Ellis "The Sex" Lankster will need to find some niche or hope for the continued disappointment of Ashton Youboty.

Aaron Maybin will have a featured pass-rushing role that should grow as the time progresses.

Garrison Sanborn is 100000x better than Ryan Neill at snapping long and I pray that he is our new guy.

The Sexxxxxx ftw
                            When I eat, it is the food that is scared.

Comment

Only rookies I see making an immediate impact are Kraig Urbik and/or Joe Burnett and Mike Wallace. I see Urbik being the RG from day 1 and Burnett and Wallace taking over the return duties. Hood will bring depth, but not make a great impression in his rookie season IMO. Frank Summers could make an impact too if he is our starting FB and short yardage guy.

Comment

Atlanta Falcons

1. Peria Jerry-Extremely likely to be our starting NT next to Jonathan Babineaux.

2. William Moore- My money is on him winning the SS spot over Thomas DeCoud. I think the coaching staff/FO would like to see him starting as well. If he doesn't full out start, I think we will still see the field in running downs with DeCoud handling passing situations.

3. Christopher Owens- In my estimation Chris Houston has the #1 CB spot on lockdown as does Chevis Jackson with the nickel. (Supposedly we liked Jackson a lot in the nickel, but don't think he can play outside). So depending on his play, he could be the #2 corner or the #4.

4. Lawrence Sidbury Jr.- Should see a good amount of time in 3rd down pass rushing spots.

5. William Middleton- #4/5 corner back or on the PS. Great speed. Could see him as the #5 while doing some things on Special Teams.

5B. Garrett Reynolds- Backup RT.

6. Spencer Adkins- Backup LB. Great physical tools could make him a good ST player. PS perhaps.

7. Vance Walker- Will likely make the team as pure depth along the DL.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information