Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do you see the AFC West turning out?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
    The Broncos defense might actually be worse than it was last year. The only one of the free agents that they added that will make any kind of impact is Dawkins, they have like 50 defensive backs over 30 years old, they still have no defensive line, their linebackers are okay at the very best, and Mike Nolan is the defensive coordinator.
    There is no way. It is impossible, our 2008 defense was the worst defense ever put on a field in the NFL. Mostly because of the scheme we ran. We got rid of the worst coordinator of all time. Our defense might still be bad, but it wont be that bad.

Comment

I just noticed that the line on the Broncos wins this year has opened at 7.5 in Vegas. I assume that all the people lining up to anoint the Broncos as the new worst team in the league are now gonna put their money where their mouth is and jump all over the under on this?????

Comment

Originally posted by DenverDex View Post
        There is no way. It is impossible, our 2008 defense was the worst defense ever put on a field in the NFL. Mostly because of the scheme we ran. We got rid of the worst coordinator of all time. Our defense might still be bad, but it wont be that bad.
        No, you added the worst defensive coordinator of all time. Get ready for constant 5 defensive back sets with the linebackers playing 10 yards off of the LoS.

Comment

Originally posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
          No, you added the worst defensive coordinator of all time. Get ready for constant 5 defensive back sets with the linebackers playing 10 yards off of the LoS.
          NOPE. Bob Slowik holds that title =p. Nothing beats lining a safety up 30 yards down the field and giving the other team 10 yard cushions the whole game.

Comment

Originally posted by Timbathia View Post
            I just noticed that the line on the Broncos wins this year has opened at 7.5 in Vegas. I assume that all the people lining up to anoint the Broncos as the new worst team in the league are now gonna put their money where their mouth is and jump all over the under on this?????
            I would have no trouble taking those odds and betting against Denver. The book makers know that most of the money bet on any game comes from home town fans and they try to suck as much money out of them as possible before telling anybody what they really think.
            If your so convinced that Denver will met those odds, why don't you take out a sizable bet on them. I'd be willing to bet, you aren't as confident as you say.
            And proud of it!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Iamcanadian View Post
              I would have no trouble taking those odds and betting against Denver. The book makers know that most of the money bet on any game comes from home town fans and they try to suck as much money out of them as possible before telling anybody what they really think.
              If your so convinced that Denver will met those odds, why don't you take out a sizable bet on them. I'd be willing to bet, you aren't as confident as you say.
              When did I ever say anything that even resembled a claim that Denver would win 8 games? In fact I said that I doubted any team in the AFC West except SD would win 6 games! My last post is referring to the fact some people think Denver will be Detroit-bad this year because of McDaniels and losing Cutler. It has nothing to do with how good I think Denver will be.

I know there are people like you around that dont read others posts and just like to try and make themselves heard, but come on man, at least skim read everyones post in the thread before saying stupid things.

Comment

Originally posted by nepg View Post

San Diego...not sure what to think. They underachieve all year, then hit a soft spot in their schedule and pull a playoff seed out of their ass. Then **** the bed in the playoffs. This is nothing new from this team or from Norv Turner. If they start slow again, don't expect another great rebound because the other teams might not be amazing, but they're all much better organized than they were a year ago.

Well at least you admit yourself that you don't know what you're thinking. Hm it must be a coincidence that the Chargers started winning when LT, Gates, and Jamal Williams finally got healthy. And seriously, how do you bash their playoff runs? Yah they really sucked barely losing the AFC Championship without their stars...darn they were such a mess last year taking down the Colts, barely losing to the Steelers without Merriman. I make it a point to reserve my neg repping for non-homer purposes and I'll stick to that, but damn please align your opinion with common sense.

Comment

Chargers and it won't be close. Last season they finished very strong, at the start of the year their were losing a ton of very close games.

The Broncos finished badly plus they lost Cutler and didn't do all that much to fix the Defense. They will regress.

The Chiefs got Cassell and he should provide some kind of an upgrade. They added a little to the D, but they still have lots of work to move to a 3-4.

And the Raiders are the Raiders.

Easiest division to project by far.

Comment

1. Chargers - The most talented team in the division.

2. Raiders - Finished the season strong by winning their last two games against two teams who were fighting for a playoff spot. Russell looked better at the tail end of the season. McFadden was suffering from two turf toe injuries and i've read that he is healthy and looking fast again. Michael Bush ran for 150+ yards in the last game against Tampa so it's safe to say he is healthy and him and McFadden could be a great 1-2 punch. I think the offense will be better this year. The Defense should be slightly better as well, and the Raiders are good at special teams Higgins/Lechler/Janikowski.

3. I think it's really a tossup with Chiefs/Broncos. I'm not sure what either team will do. Both teams made huge changes and it will be interesting to see how these teams play.

Comment

Definitely have the Chargers as the favorite and they could be one of the elite AFC teams if they play consistent and the secondary steps it up. Outside of that its a crap shoot, the Raiders are really talented but who the heck knows what they are ever gonna do, Russell has the skills but no work ethic and lazy QB's never make it. Then the Chiefs and Broncos have so much change that they could go any direction.

Comment

Originally posted by Timbathia View Post
                        When did I ever say anything that even resembled a claim that Denver would win 8 games? In fact I said that I doubted any team in the AFC West except SD would win 6 games! My last post is referring to the fact some people think Denver will be Detroit-bad this year because of McDaniels and losing Cutler. It has nothing to do with how good I think Denver will be.

I know there are people like you around that dont read others posts and just like to try and make themselves heard, but come on man, at least skim read everyones post in the thread before saying stupid things.
                        Of course nobody knows what the future will bring? What we are saying is that the odds favour Denver flopping this coming season and McDanials having serious problems as a young HC. We base this judgment on a # of things, loss of your franchise QB, disbelief in Orton as the solution, don't believe for a moment that your defense will be much improved as it will have to stay on the field a lot longer without Cutler running the offense, and that McDanials showed his immaturity/inexperience as a HC in the Cutler fiasco and the trade of your #1 pick and that these types of errors in judgment will show up again in his HC duties with his players. Does this guarantee Denver WILL stink, NO, it is only a calculated guess. The games still have to be played out on the field before it really means anything. How we feel about the coming season in the scheme of things has zero impact. However, based on what we believe, we see Denver in last place, very lucky to attain 4 wins. Sorry, but that is how I see it.
                        And proud of it!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Iamcanadian View Post
                          Of course nobody knows what the future will bring? What we are saying is that the odds favour Denver flopping this coming season and McDanials having serious problems as a young HC. We base this judgment on a # of things, loss of your franchise QB, disbelief in Orton as the solution, don't believe for a moment that your defense will be much improved as it will have to stay on the field a lot longer without Cutler running the offense, and that McDanials showed his immaturity/inexperience as a HC in the Cutler fiasco and the trade of your #1 pick and that these types of errors in judgment will show up again in his HC duties with his players. Does this guarantee Denver WILL stink, NO, it is only a calculated guess. The games still have to be played out on the field before it really means anything. How we feel about the coming season in the scheme of things has zero impact. However, based on what we believe, we see Denver in last place, very lucky to attain 4 wins. Sorry, but that is how I see it.
                          Plus they're switching to a brand new defensive system and will feel growing pains. Switching to the 3-4 doesn't just magically make your defense better, and blaming last year's failures solely on scheme is very shortsighted. Players not plays.

Comment

Working...
                          X

Debug Information