NFL opened investigations against the Redskins

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CC.SD View Post
    Oh I see, now that Haynesworth is a Redskin he is the best DT in the NFL? Why so angry and eager to pounce?
    I have to admit I'm just riling up a clownshoes troll.
    Absolutely not he was the best DT in the game the past 2 year with the Titans. Try some other way to add to the discussion instead of putting words in peoples mouths.

2011 FA: FS - OJ Atogwe
    2011 Draft Picks: Ryan Kerrigan-OLB-Purdue, Jarvis Jenkins-DE-Clemson, Leonard Hankerson-WR-Miami, Roy Helu-RB-Nebraska, DeJon Gomes-CB/S-Nebraska, Niles Paul-WR-Nebraska, Evan Royster-RB-Penn State, Aldrick Robinson-WR-SMU, Brandyn Thompson-CB-Boise State, Maurice Hurt-OG-Florida, Markus White-OLB-Florida State, Chris Neild-NT-West Virginia

Comment

Originally posted by *** Ork Wang View Post
      yes, but u bashing the titans for trying is really funny and not biased at all and was all triggered by us...

the fact that u signed him to such a contract merely 10 minutes, i think everyone knows that they contacted him before.

why shouldnt the titans take a chance and get a draft pick if the chances are there that they could get one?
      Never bashed them, you must read what you like and ignore other parts. I said its pointless. There is no proof. I provided you what would be needed to prove they tampered and none of that is happening. So what do you have to say about the Buccaneers? They offered Albert the SAME contract and he pick the Redskins. They must have been within the first 10 minutes of FA since you like to see we signed him at 12:10.

2011 FA: FS - OJ Atogwe
      2011 Draft Picks: Ryan Kerrigan-OLB-Purdue, Jarvis Jenkins-DE-Clemson, Leonard Hankerson-WR-Miami, Roy Helu-RB-Nebraska, DeJon Gomes-CB/S-Nebraska, Niles Paul-WR-Nebraska, Evan Royster-RB-Penn State, Aldrick Robinson-WR-SMU, Brandyn Thompson-CB-Boise State, Maurice Hurt-OG-Florida, Markus White-OLB-Florida State, Chris Neild-NT-West Virginia

Comment

Originally posted by toddmlazarchick View Post

Originally posted by CC.SD

Oh I see, now that Haynesworth is a Redskin he is the best DT in the NFL? Why so angry and eager to pounce?
        I have to admit I'm just riling up a clownshoes troll.
        Absolutely not he was the best DT in the game the past 2 year with the Titans. Try some other way to add to the discussion instead of putting words in peoples mouths.

What words did anyone put in your mouth, you said he was the best DT in the NFL and I quoted it. Why so hostile? Give life a smile! :D

This discussion is totally meaningless, I have no problem not adding to it. Whatever slap on the wrist they give Snyder will be inconsequential and another example of Goodell throwing a dart at a board to determine the NFL's disciplinary policy.

Comment

Here's our thread in the Titans forum: http://draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=33942

Probably the juciest piece of evidence that's been in the media:

Rock Cartwright admitted in a radio interview that...

"I kind of had an idea they were going to sign [Haynesworth] anyways," Cartwright said. "One of my teammates said they had the same agent and ... he said they had been talking."
          Radio interview: http://www.stationcaster.com/player.php?s=...427&f=22081

Article link: http://nfl.fanhouse.com/2009/03/11/redskin...m-tampered-wit/

The Titans are getting a 3rd RD compensatory pick thanks to Washington signing Haynesworth, so we're getting something in return. This isn't the Titans being spiteful or anything like that. They weren't going to pay him what he wanted, and someone else would. That was a foregone realization it seems. But, Jeff Fisher and GM Mike Reinfeldt are opportunistic. If the 'Skins were stupid enough to tamper, then why wouldn't the Titans ask for an investigation? Also, I wouldn't think a probe would've been initiated unless the Titans thought they had a good shot at success - they've filed and have won tampering investigations in the past.
          Still Team The Ke$ha!!!

[@TDWinstead]
          Originally posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
          Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

Comment

Originally posted by parrish_lemar24DBSkins View Post

Conflict of interest, maybe, but hey, that's business in the NFL.

I don't know why the Titans have their panties all in a bunch, they had forever to re-sign Big Al, and instead chose to wait until the beginning of the free agency period.

Bad move.
            Jeff fishers History with free agents says other wise. If you go back and look at The titans FA that were let go not due to cap casualty only John Runyan is the only one to make a probowl or due anything with another team. Haynesworth is super overrated to begin with.

Originally posted by Jurrell Casey
            I love light skin and white women but my main chick is brown skin

Comment

Big Al makes our journeymen DEs legit pass rushers, and his mere presence inside collapsing the pocket is the reason why I believe Orakpo should be on the short list for DROTY.
              Orakpo won't touch DROTY from the SAM spot. Move him to DE and he will.

Comment

Originally posted by DoughBoy View Post
                Jeff fishers History with free agents says other wise. If you go back and look at The titans FA that were let go not due to cap casualty only John Runyan is the only one to make a probowl or due anything with another team. Haynesworth is super overrated to begin with.
                I don't think he's that over-rated. He's the best DT in the NFL, in my opinion. It's just that I don't think he'll be utilized as effectively as he was in Tennessee. As Toddmlazarchick said, there are players to rotate him with, but at $100-million, they'll force him to play more because they have so much money invested in him. Hopefully the Washington coaches exercise wisdom, as it's no skin off my back for Fat Al to do well in the NFC and I hold no grudge against him leaving.
                Still Team The Ke$ha!!!

[@TDWinstead]
                Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

Comment

Never bashed them, you must read what you like and ignore other parts. I said its pointless. There is no proof. I provided you what would be needed to prove they tampered and none of that is happening. So what do you have to say about the Buccaneers? They offered Albert the SAME contract and he pick the Redskins. They must have been within the first 10 minutes of FA since you like to see we signed him at 12:10.
                  Boo freaking whooo Titans.
                  how else am i supposed to interpret that <.<

Comment

Originally posted by bhaarat316 View Post
                    Orakpo won't touch DROTY from the SAM spot. Move him to DE and he will.
                    Not to digress, but the SAM in Greg Blache's defensive scheme plays a lot like an OLB in a 3-4.
                    Blache has already stated that Rak will be rushing the QB 75% of the time, so the opportunity to put up some decent sack numbers will be there.

And most Skins fans are very aware of that Rock(head!!) Cartwright radio quote.
                    Still if two players share the same agent, that's going to be a tough case to prove, that his agent was specifically talking to the Skins about signing Big Al, unless Malcolm Kelly and Haynesworth tell a different story than Snyder and Chad Speck.

Does anyone have an idea how long it will take the NFL Office to rule on a tampering investigation?

I hope it's over before the preseason starts because it's already becoming something of a minor distraction.

Comment

Because of the stupid comments made.

One Titan fan thinks he is getting a 3rd round pick of this....

One Vikings fan just plain hates Dan Snyder and Albert Haynesworth...

And one Bears fan who actually thinks something will become of this....
                      Do you know what a compensatory pick is? They will be getting a third no matter what comes of this tampering charge.

Sig by the sigmaster BoneKrusher. Each one is a masterpiece
                      Originally posted by BaLLiN72
                      i wish NFLDC had something like "wall to wall" where we could see Brodeur and Job's conversations.
                      Originally posted by Job
                      NFLDC would be jizzing itself non-stop.

Comment

Originally posted by the decider13 View Post
                        Do you know what a compensatory pick is? They will be getting a third no matter what comes of this tampering charge.
                        the person who he was reffering to was talking about tampering not compensatory.

RIP, Sean Taylor.

Comment

Originally posted by the decider13 View Post
                          Haynesworth was an UFA.

He's free and clear to whatever team signs him.

Apparently, one of us needs to read up NFL contract rules.

Comment

Not to digress, but the SAM in Greg Blache's defensive scheme plays a lot like an OLB in a 3-4.
                            Blache has already stated that Rak will be rushing the QB 75% of the time, so the opportunity to put up some decent sack numbers will be there.

And most Skins fans are very aware of that Rock(head!!) Cartwright radio quote.
                            Still if two players share the same agent, that's going to be a tough case to prove, that his agent was specifically talking to the Skins about signing Big Al, unless Malcolm Kelly and Haynesworth tell a different story than Snyder and Chad Speck.

Does anyone have an idea how long it will take the NFL Office to rule on a tampering investigation?

I hope it's over before the preseason starts because it's already becoming something of a minor distraction.
                            The Skins running a Zone-Blitz similar to that of the Giants?

No clue on how long it'll take or how much access the NFL will be given to Redskins/Speck's records and such. As far as the Cartwright quote, I think it's fairly damaging considering it's a person inside the organization stating it.

I think it'll really depend on how hard Goodell wants to hit the tampering thing. I know it's been a hot topic at Owners meetings and such, and Goodell has said he's wanted to curb tampering. Whether or not he'll make an example out of the Skins like he did player conduct with PacMan or SpyGate with the Patriots remains to be seen.
                            Still Team The Ke$ha!!!

[@TDWinstead]
                            Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

Comment

Eery down Orakpo spends as a LB is a complete waste. Just one passing down spent in coverage is too many.

Comment

Because of the stupid comments made.

One Titan fan thinks he is getting a 3rd round pick of this....

One Vikings fan just plain hates Dan Snyder and Albert Haynesworth...

And one Bears fan who actually thinks something will become of this....

The Titans had TWO YEARS to extend Albert and never did. Sorry if the best DT IN THE NFL is on my team in his prime and we have a 2 year window to resign him BEFORE anyone else has a chance and we dont then we are idiots. They have no one to be mad at but themselves.

Like i stated unless there is someone who sat there and recorded the conversation this is going nowhere. You would need Snyder to come out and say he tampered, or Haynesworth's agent, or someone in the FO of the Redskins to say something. None of those 3 things are happening. IMO the Titans should give us a draft pick if they are proven wrong. Perhaps a 3rd rounder as well. (Lets see how much crap that mixes up)
                                How did the 49ers get pinged regarding Briggs? I doubt it was recorded conversation.

Sorry, but the Titans not signing him when they had the chance has 0.0 relevance to tampering charges.

And FYI, I didn't say the Titans will get a 3rd from this, I said if they get anything, I "doubt it would be anything like a 1st though. Maybe a 3rd or something". Lrn2read.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information