Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by parrish_lemar24DBSkins View Post
    Haynesworth was an UFA.

He's free and clear to whatever team signs him.

Apparently, one of us needs to read up NFL contract rules.
    You can't contact a player before the start of free agency, he is still under contract. That is the whole point.

I understood the titans fan as talking about a compensatory selection, which they will get.

Sig by the sigmaster BoneKrusher. Each one is a masterpiece
    Originally posted by BaLLiN72
    i wish NFLDC had something like "wall to wall" where we could see Brodeur and Job's conversations.
    Originally posted by Job
    NFLDC would be jizzing itself non-stop.

Comment

You do realize CC.SD that Merriman was primarily a DE at Maryland?

EDIT: Gotta be honest, as a Skins fan, losing ANY picks on a sloppy deal would really suck for next year, (still don't think it will happen), but the Danny won't sweat a drop so long as he gets to keep his 1st rounder in 2010.
      Last edited by parrish_lemar24DBSkins; 05-24-2009, 09:39 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by parrish_lemar24DBSkins View Post
        You do realize CC.SD that Merriman was primarily a DE at Maryland?
        SD plays the 3-4, it's not even comparable.

Comment

Originally posted by TitanHope View Post
          Here's our thread in the Titans forum: http://draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=33942

Probably the juciest piece of evidence that's been in the media:

Rock Cartwright admitted in a radio interview that...

Radio interview: http://www.stationcaster.com/player.php?s=...427&f=22081

Article link: http://nfl.fanhouse.com/2009/03/11/redskin...m-tampered-wit/

The Titans are getting a 3rd RD compensatory pick thanks to Washington signing Haynesworth, so we're getting something in return. This isn't the Titans being spiteful or anything like that. They weren't going to pay him what he wanted, and someone else would. That was a foregone realization it seems. But, Jeff Fisher and GM Mike Reinfeldt are opportunistic. If the 'Skins were stupid enough to tamper, then why wouldn't the Titans ask for an investigation? Also, I wouldn't think a probe would've been initiated unless the Titans thought they had a good shot at success - they've filed and have won tampering investigations in the past.
          So Cartwright's comment was directly related to Snyder sharing his FA plans with our 3rd string RB and not in anyway related to the past spending trends from Dan Snyder? Please tell me how its not the Titans being sour about not being able to compete with the Redskins in resigning him. You say if we were stupid enough to tamper? What evidence do you have that it happened? The Rock comment? If you say that we signed him so early then you are just throwing comments out there and hoping they stick because Tampa Bay offered him the same contract and he turned theirs down for ours.

2011 FA: FS - OJ Atogwe
          2011 Draft Picks: Ryan Kerrigan-OLB-Purdue, Jarvis Jenkins-DE-Clemson, Leonard Hankerson-WR-Miami, Roy Helu-RB-Nebraska, DeJon Gomes-CB/S-Nebraska, Niles Paul-WR-Nebraska, Evan Royster-RB-Penn State, Aldrick Robinson-WR-SMU, Brandyn Thompson-CB-Boise State, Maurice Hurt-OG-Florida, Markus White-OLB-Florida State, Chris Neild-NT-West Virginia

Comment

The SAM in Blache's 4-3 and the OLB in a 3-4 are almost the same position, especially on passing downs, when one of the DEs slides inside and a DT comes off the field.
            As long as Rak can give a decent effort in coverage, no one is expecting to get INTs, he can focus his effort on getting to the QB.

Comment

Originally posted by DoughBoy View Post
              Haynesworth is super overrated to begin with.
              Since he is no longer a Titan

2011 Draft Picks: Ryan Kerrigan-OLB-Purdue, Jarvis Jenkins-DE-Clemson, Leonard Hankerson-WR-Miami, Roy Helu-RB-Nebraska, DeJon Gomes-CB/S-Nebraska, Niles Paul-WR-Nebraska, Evan Royster-RB-Penn State, Aldrick Robinson-WR-SMU, Brandyn Thompson-CB-Boise State, Maurice Hurt-OG-Florida, Markus White-OLB-Florida State, Chris Neild-NT-West Virginia

Comment

Originally posted by CC.SD View Post
                Eery down Orakpo spends as a LB is a complete waste. Just one passing down spent in coverage is too many.
                Thats where you have no knowledge of the topic. His job is not to cover its to rush.

Comment

Originally posted by OzTitan View Post
                  How did the 49ers get pinged regarding Briggs? I doubt it was recorded conversation.

Sorry, but the Titans not signing him when they had the chance has 0.0 relevance to tampering charges.

And FYI, I didn't say the Titans will get a 3rd from this, I said if they get anything, I "doubt it would be anything like a 1st though. Maybe a 3rd or something". Lrn2read.
                  Then tell me how you can prove that they were not talk about Malcolm Kelly who shares the same agent?

You didnt say anything about a 3rd? and you are telling me to learn to read? check the bold pal.
                  Last edited by toddmlazarchick; 05-24-2009, 09:55 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by toddmlazarchick View Post
                    Then tell me how you can prove that they were not talk about Malcolm Kelly who shares the same agent?

You didnt say anything about a 3rd? and you are telling me to learn to read? check the bold pal.
                    The same way they proved the 49ers tampered with Briggs? The fact they share the same agent doesn't mean there aren't other ways. I'm not saying it will happen, but it's certainly possible. The NFL wouldn't open it up if there was no chance of a case.

No, I said I didn't say the Titans WILL get a 3rd from this. I inferred, IF there is something coming from this, it will probably be a 3rd or similiar. That's twice you've misread it now. I never said I believe the Titans are getting a 3rd from this as to suggest I'm confident the Redskins will be found guilty, just IF the Redskins are found guilty that's probably around what the penalty will be, which is far from "stupid" because realistically, if found guilty, it could quite easily be all the way up to the 1st rounder due to Albert's status and the possibility of the Redskins being made an example of. It's unprecedented, really.
                    Last edited by OzTitan; 05-24-2009, 10:11 PM.

Comment

So Cartwright's comment was directly related to Snyder sharing his FA plans with our 3rd string RB and not in anyway related to the past spending trends from Dan Snyder?
                      What the hell are you going on about?

Cartwright stated that his teammate shares the same agent as Haynesworth, and that said player stated that the Redskins and his agent had been talking about Haynesworth.

No one said a thing about Snyder or GM Vinny Cerrato specifically.

Please tell me how its not the Titans being sour about not being able to compete with the Redskins in resigning him.
                      Because the Titans have better things to do than to pout about the Redskins. In fact, I'm pretty sure that's the case for most NFL teams. As I said before, they're getting a 3rd RD comp pick from losing AH in FA, and it's not like it's an AFC team that picked him up.

Also, the Titans could've competed with Washington and Tampa's offers - they just chose not to. If the Titans wanted to have kept AH, they would have. They had more than enough cap space to have re-signed him at that price, and AH had spent his entire career in Tennessee, including college at UT.

You say if we were stupid enough to tamper? What evidence do you have that it happened? The Rock comment?
                      You're just being difficult now. I said if they were stupid enough to tamper. As of yet, we don't have all of the evidence. It's not as if I'm sitting here going, "OMG! They done did it! We all know they done it! Now they got caught!" Stop talking to me like I am, or else I'll act just as ignorant as you are in thinking there's no way anything negative about my team can come to fruition.

If you say that we signed him so early then you are just throwing comments out there and hoping they stick because Tampa Bay offered him the same contract and he turned theirs down for ours.
                      Tampa Bay probably tampered as well. After all, in your own words, "News flash....all 32 teams tamper." :rollseyes:
                      Still Team The Ke$ha!!!

[@TDWinstead]
                      Originally posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
                      Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

Comment

Originally posted by OzTitan View Post
                        The same way they proved the 49ers tampered with Briggs? The fact they share the same agent doesn't mean there aren't other ways. I'm not saying it will happen, but it's certainly possible. The NFL wouldn't open it up if there was no chance of a case.

No, I said I didn't say the Titans WILL get a 3rd from this. I inferred, IF there is something coming from this, it will probably be a 3rd or similiar. That's twice you've misread it now. I never said I believe the Titans are getting a 3rd from this as to suggest I'm confident the Redskins will be found guilty, just IF the Redskins are found guilty that's probably around what the penalty will be, which is far from "stupid" because realistically, if found guilty, it could quite easily be all the way up to the 1st rounder due to Albert's status and the possibility of the Redskins being made an example of. It's unprecedented, really.
                        so IF their would be some way to prove the Redskins tampered what makes you think it should be any worse then what the 49ers had to give up? You think it could be a first rounder? Please dont kid yourself. His status has nothing to do with it. Lance Briggs isn't a top LB?

Comment

Originally posted by TitanHope View Post
                          You're just being difficult now. I said if they were stupid enough to tamper. As of yet, we don't have all of the evidence. It's not as if I'm sitting here going, "OMG! They done did it! We all know they done it! Now they got caught!" Stop talking to me like I am, or else I'll act just as ignorant as you are in thinking there's no way anything negative about my team can come to fruition.

Tampa Bay probably tampered as well. After all, in your own words, "News flash....all 32 teams tamper." :rollseyes:
                          Since i said anything related to nothing my team does can go wrong. There is no evidence to support that they tampered. If there was significant evidence then i would be bitching how stupid my team was for doing such and losing draft picks. but when you come on a read other naive people saying that the Titans should get a 3rd if we did tamper or a first because its Albert Haynesworth and he is an elite player which happens to be coming from the same person calling him overrated, its stupid.

As far as my comment that all 32 teams tampered, according to the rule it would be wrong for an owner or FO person to mention another FAs name to his agent before the deadline would be tampering i take it. if thats the case then to say that NO NFL team does that is bs. If someone would have a deal worked out before the deadline and allowing other teams to bid for them, to me is what tampering is and what is wrong.
                          Last edited by toddmlazarchick; 05-24-2009, 11:00 PM.

Comment

If this whole case hinges on testimony from Malcolm Kelly and especially Cartwright, don't be surprised to see Rock walking the pavement looking for a new gig if this whole situation gets turned upside down.

I wonder how hard Goodell can squeeze an individual player in a tampering investigation?

Can Goodell suspend a player for lying...I guess there's no reason he couldn't.

What an awful way for Kelly to start his 2nd year for the Skins. HE would go from being almost loved to becoming a pariah, a man without a team.

Rookie lips sink WRs to the bottom of the depth chart.

Comment

so IF their would be some way to prove the Redskins tampered what makes you think it should be any worse then what the 49ers had to give up? You think it could be a first rounder? Please dont kid yourself. His status has nothing to do with it. Lance Briggs isn't a top LB?
                              Status was a poorly chosen word. "Outcome", then - what he got paid and the fact he actually wound up on the tampering team (if it's proven) in this case, which Briggs didn't. That's a pretty big difference.

As I said, it's unprecedented. Not one case study to go off that's really close to it. Who knows what the hell could come out of it - it could be just about anything. This is the same commish who made an example out of Pacman basically for how the media kept portraying him, fairly or not - he certainly didn't suspend him indefinitely for anything he actually got convicted of in the court of law. I don't think any pick is out of the question at this point - it really depends on how much of a hard ass Goodell wants to be if it can be proven.

Comment

Since i said anything related to nothing my team does can go wrong. There is no evidence to support that they tampered.
                                How do you know?

If there was significant evidence then i would be bitching how stupid my team was for doing such and losing draft picks. but when you come on a read other naive people saying that the Titans should get a 3rd if we did tamper or a first because its Albert Haynesworth and he is an elite player which happens to be coming from the same person calling him overrated, its stupid.
                                /me bangs head on desk repeatedly

I sure hope you're not refering to me, because not only did I not call him overrated, but if I haven't made it clear by now I haven't stated an opinion on what the Titans SHOULD get but rather have simply pointed out what they might or will PROBABLY get, I give up.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information