Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NFL opened investigations against the Redskins

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #46
    Originally posted by parrish_lemar24DBSkins View Post
    If this whole case hinges on testimony from Malcolm Kelly and especially Cartwright, don't be surprised to see Rock walking the pavement looking for a new gig if this whole situation gets turned upside down.

    I wonder how hard Goodell can squeeze an individual player in a tampering investigation?

    Can Goodell suspend a player for lying...I guess there's no reason he couldn't.

    What an awful way for Kelly to start his 2nd year for the Skins. HE would go from being almost loved to becoming a pariah, a man without a team.

    Rookie lips sink WRs to the bottom of the depth chart.
    Squeeze Kelly or Cartwright, or even the agent Chad Speck. If players could be suspended, couldn't Speck's agent status in the NFL be revoked?

    I'd rather something happen to the agent than Kelly or Cartwright. It wouldn't be fair to the players.

    Here's an article on Goodell wanting to crack down on tampering:

    Still Team The Ke$ha!!!

    [@TDWinstead]
    Originally posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
    Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

    Comment


    • #47
      Originally posted by parrish_lemar24DBSkins View Post
      You do realize CC.SD that Merriman was primarily a DE at Maryland?

      EDIT: Gotta be honest, as a Skins fan, losing ANY picks on a sloppy deal would really suck for next year, (still don't think it will happen), but the Danny won't sweat a drop so long as he gets to keep his 1st rounder in 2010.

      Oh my goodness, are you serious? Please, tell me more about Merriman. Tell me more about the differences between the 4-3 and 3-4.

      I'm completely familiar with what the Skins plans are for Orakpo, and if you think NFL OC's aren't going to find a way to take advantage of him whenever he lines up at LB you're living in a dreamworld.

      Orakpo is a born DE. If they stick him at SAM, they will either have to blitz the SAM every down, or drop him into coverage on occasion, which will be unfortunate. I believe clownshoes Todd said something along the lines of me not knowing what I'm talking about...it's a fact that even blitzing LBs have areas of the field they're responsible for either in the running game, or they are expected to cover a man. This is clearly not the most ideal use of Orakpo's skillset.

      Originally posted by parrish
      Haynesworth was an UFA.

      He's free and clear to whatever team signs him.

      Apparently, one of us needs to read up NFL contract rules.
      And it's you. Of course the Titans will get a 3rd round comp pick out of Haynseworth walking away and signing a monster contract.

      Comment


      • #48
        /\ Came across pretty grumpy. I've had a long night.

        Comment


        • #49
          Originally posted by parrish_lemar24DBSkins View Post
          You do realize CC.SD that Merriman was primarily a DE at Maryland?
          That could not possibly have less to do with a single post in this thread. Like, at all.

          The plastic things on the end of shoelaces are called aglets.

          See that fact? It actually had more to do with this thread than your post. Congrats.

          Comment


          • #50
            Originally posted by CC.SD View Post
            Of course the Titans will get a 3rd round comp pick out of Haynseworth walking away and signing a monster contract.
            You're assuming they get pinched by Goodell for tampering, CC.

            There's nothing that leads me to believe this will be the final outcome, however, I 'm sure the burden of proof for the NFL is much less than it would be in a criminal court proceeding.


            Originally posted by 7-11 View Post
            That could not possibly have less to do with a single post in this thread. Like, at all.

            The plastic things on the end of shoelaces are called aglets.

            See that fact? It actually had more to do with this thread than your post. Congrats.
            If you had read the entire thread, mate, you would see it does have a tangential relevance to the convo. The signing of Haynesworth makes the transition to SAM that much easier for Orakpo.

            No need to crack back if you don't know what you're talking about.

            G'day.

            Why are there so many snarky guys on SWDC?
            Yall need to chill OUT!!!

            Comment


            • #51
              Says the poster who just used Australian-isms derogatorily because of the poster's location?

              Comment


              • #52
                Originally posted by OzTitan View Post
                Says the poster who just used Australian-isms derogatorily because of the poster's location?
                Look on the bright side Oz! He could've told him to go have a Foster's (It's Australian for BEER!!!). :D
                Still Team The Ke$ha!!!

                [@TDWinstead]
                Originally posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
                Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

                Comment


                • #53
                  You're assuming they get pinched by Goodell for tampering, CC.

                  Compensatory picks have nothing to do with tampering. They are given out based on net loss/gain of players via free agency

                  Comment


                  • #54
                    Originally posted by parrish_lemar24DBSkins View Post
                    You're assuming they get pinched by Goodell for tampering, CC.

                    There's nothing that leads me to believe this will be the final outcome, however, I 'm sure the burden of proof for the NFL is much less than it would be in a criminal court proceeding.




                    If you had read the entire thread, mate, you would see it does have a tangential relevance to the convo. The signing of Haynesworth makes the transition to SAM that much easier for Orakpo.

                    No need to crack back if you don't know what you're talking about.

                    G'day.

                    Why are there so many snarky guys on SWDC?
                    Yall need to chill OUT!!!
                    I did read the whole thread...and your comment about Merriman still has nothing to do with anything mentioned. Yes Merriman was an end in college, he also went to a team that primarily asks him to rush the passer, and when they did ask him to drop into coverage his impact was not nearly as great. So what you were saying is because Merriman did this, keeping in mind he is probably one of the biggest physical freaks in the NFL, you want Orakpo to play SAM in a 4-3 where it is obvious that he will have to fall into coverage atleast occasionally? (and yes i am aware he will be rushing the passer a lot, but still, i think most would agree he is taylor made to be an end). But yes, who am i to speak, i'm from Australia, a place not dissimilar to Rand McNally, where they wear hats on their feet and hamburgers eat people.

                    And if you don't like it here...well, you know.

                    Comment


                    • #55
                      Originally posted by 7-11 View Post
                      I did read the whole thread...and your comment about Merriman still has nothing to do with anything mentioned. Yes Merriman was an end in college, he also went to a team that primarily asks him to rush the passer, and when they did ask him to drop into coverage his impact was not nearly as great. So what you were saying is because Merriman did this, keeping in mind he is probably one of the biggest physical freaks in the NFL, you want Orakpo to play SAM in a 4-3 where it is obvious that he will have to fall into coverage atleast occasionally? (and yes i am aware he will be rushing the passer a lot, but still, i think most would agree he is taylor made to be an end). But yes, who am i to speak, i'm from Australia, a place not dissimilar to Rand McNally, where they wear hats on their feet and hamburgers eat people.

                      And if you don't like it here...well, you know.
                      it's relevant position wise, like if you were to go into the colts forum and discussed brady. Because, you know, they play QB so it's über relevant.

                      Also I think it's funny to see Parrish_lemar make underhanded, below the belt-type remarks in every thread, but when someone makes a sarcastic comment or critisizes one of his posts he starts complaining like a little girl.

                      Sig by Fenikz

                      I remember NFLDC
                      don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend

                      Comment


                      • #56
                        Originally posted by Addict View Post
                        it's relevant position wise, like if you were to go into the colts forum and discussed brady. Because, you know, they play QB so it's über relevant.

                        Also I think it's funny to see Parrish_lemar make underhanded, below the belt-type remarks in every thread, but when someone makes a sarcastic comment or critisizes one of his posts he starts complaining like a little girl.
                        We all just need to stop being so snarky, cause you know, parrish_lemar said so.

                        Comment


                        • #57
                          Originally posted by 7-11 View Post
                          That could not possibly have less to do with a single post in this thread. Like, at all.

                          The plastic things on the end of shoelaces are called aglets.

                          See that fact? It actually had more to do with this thread than your post. Congrats.
                          "If you had read the entire thread, mate, you would see it does have a tangential relevance to the convo." pl24DBSkins

                          Definition of the word tangential; incidental, indirectly related.

                          Obviously this thread isn't about whether Orakpo should be an OLB or DE, my point was that the presence of Haynesworth makes Rak's transition to a standup edge rusher on certain downs easier.
                          And if Merriman and Demarcus Ware could make the transition, I don't see why Orakpo couldn't or shouldn't be allowed to try, since it would fill a huge need for the Skins.

                          To say that my post had nothing to do with a conversation about whether the Skins illegally contacted Big Al, I think, is wrong. That's all.

                          7-11 acted like it was a total non sequitor, but if you work a little it's not hard to connect the dots, was my only point about Orakpo and Merriman.

                          Back to the topic at hand.

                          Stranger, (and whoever else made the same point earlier), I thought you meant the SKins would have to GIVE UP a compensatory pick to the Titans for signing Haynesworth, even if it's found there was no tampering.

                          You're absolutely right, based on how the league calculates these things, the Titans will probably be awarded an additional comp pick by the NFL, but not directly from the Skins.

                          My mistake.

                          Was calling 7-11 'mate' or ending with g'day a little bitchy? Maybe.
                          ( No serious offense intended, btw)

                          About the same as 7-11 saying a discussion about the plastic tips at the end of shoelaces is more related to the thread topic than my mentioning that the presence of Big Al makes the transition to OLB easier for Rak, one he should have a good shot at making because other similar hybrid college DEs have successfully made the switch.

                          Comment


                          • #58
                            Originally posted by Addict View Post

                            Also I think it's funny to see Parrish_lemar make underhanded, below the belt-type remarks in every thread, but when someone makes a sarcastic comment or critisizes one of his posts he starts complaining like a little girl.

                            Have I complained to you once about anything, Addict?

                            I've never come at anyone first with attitude or hostility in any post on this forum.
                            Check the post order, Addict. It was 7-11 who got this thing started, not me.

                            DO unto others and all that, yeah, I know it may sound corny to you Addict, but I kinda believe in that type of stuff.

                            I welcome criticism, especially when I'm wrong, or someone has a different take on something that makes more sense. That process is called 'learning'.

                            Leading leads to 'knowledge'.
                            Knowledge leads to 'enlightment'.

                            The reason I'm here is to raise my overall football IQ, ( because someone always has a take on something that you've never thought of before), and talk 24/7 about my favorite sport, no more, no less.

                            But don't expect to rip on someone mercilessly and not have them respond in kind.

                            Enough hijacking this thread with personal stuff....

                            Haynesworth and Snyder will be exonerated by Goodell.

                            Orakpo will tally at least 8 sacks next season.

                            The SKins will challenge the Giants for the best defense in the NFC East.

                            Comment


                            • #59
                              Donk posts. I'm sure we tampered and whatever penalty we get probably won't be stiff enough to make Snyder care. As a skins fan, I just look at it as losing a 4th round pick or so and Snyder not being able to trade it for TJ Duckett with some accelerator clause. Jesus Christ.


                              Stedman Bailey 2012 Stat Tracker:
                              12 Games, 106 Rec, 1501 yards, 23 TD's

                              Steddy Ambition!
                              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aOnISzeG2Ao

                              Comment


                              • #60
                                Originally posted by 703SKINS202 View Post
                                Donk posts.
                                Whatever. You guys can play with this thread a while longer.

                                It's pointless.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information