NFL opened investigations against the Redskins

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by toddmlazarchick View Post
    He will only be playing 4 years of the contract. 4 years and 40 million.
    Hmm, I wanted to not over do it, but maybe divide even that length of time by, oh, lets say 2.5......or just take the beginning amount, and divide by 4 and get a nice round number!!!

My point is, don't take the actual number i gave as a physics equation, i was really just saying that don't expect to get long-term effort out of him. Only time will tell, and obviously this isn't fact, i'm just throwing it out there.

Courtesy of Fenikz - Much Appreciated

Originally posted by dRaFtDoRk
    You can't be a good corner if no one throws your way. Thats my way of seeing it.

Comment

At his presser, Big Al said he planned on becoming the second coming of Reggie White in Green Bay and wants his career to end in Canton.

And I for one believe him!

Go Skinz!!
      Last edited by parrish_lemar24DBSkins; 05-26-2009, 09:22 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by parrish_lemar24DBSkins View Post
        At his presser, Big Al said he planned on becoming the second coming of Reggie White in Green Bay and wants he career to end in Canton.

Go Skinz!!
        What else would he say?

Comment

Originally posted by Sniper View Post
          What else would he say?
          "Guys, I'm just Albert, ok?"

Stedman Bailey 2012 Stat Tracker:
          12 Games, 106 Rec, 1501 yards, 23 TD's

Steddy Ambition!
          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aOnISzeG2Ao

Comment

Originally posted by parrish_lemar24DBSkins View Post
            At his presser, Big Al said he planned on becoming the second coming of Reggie White in Green Bay and wants he career to end in Canton.

Go Skinz!!
            Been sayin' that since college, and Reggie is why he wears #92.

Originally posted by bsaza2358
            I didn't say the Titans didn't make a good move by letting AH go.

I also didn't say that Washington wasn't guilty or shouldn't be punished.
            I didn't mean to put those words in your mouth, and I don't think I did because I didn't question your opinion on whether it was the right choice to let him go or whether Washington was guilty - just questioning stereotypes that you were repeating. My apologies if it appeared that way.

My point was that the proof needed to enforce a draft pick penalty would likely be difficult to come by (fact). I then went on to say that the practice is commonplace (fact). To restate an earlier point, most of these "in principle" situations are from back channel negotiations where the player knows he is signing a pre-set deal when he goes to visit (fact).
            Your facts are estimated guesses or theories. We don't know what the NFL knows, or the operations Washington may have used. But, I do think it unwise to try to outsmart the NFL or assume you'll be able to pull the wool over their eyes.

The Titans could have gotten Haynesworth locked up to a long term deal anytime in the 18-22 months prior to when he left. Their contract offer was made intentionally lower than the Redskins to ensure that AH left and they looked like they placed second in the sweepstakes. They didn't want to pay him and expected to lose him. Some friends of mine who are Titans fans state that Adams is cheap. I have no idea whether that is true, but the Titans knew for sure that AH was going to the highest bidder, and they didn't raise their offer once Washington's came in.
            The bold statement confuses me. Could you reiterate or expound on it?

The way the contract agreement went down, it's unknown if the Titans would have matched the offer. I wouldn't have wanted them to though, as we have more re-signings I would rather have the money spent on (Keith Bulluck, Kyle Vanden Bosch, etc). As for your friends, it depends what their definition of cheap is. No, the Titans aren't FA dynamos, but they invest their money wisely. They take a more conservative approach, while other teams, such as Washington, are more liberal. It's because of that that Bud Adams and the Titans are considered cheap. I'm of the opinion that's it's just smart business, as their conservative approach has helped produce a 31-17 record over the past 3 seasons, including two playoff births. No offense intended to your friends, but they may be the type that see a player they want really badly and want the FO to do anything to get them.
            Still Team The Ke$ha!!!

[@TDWinstead]
            Originally posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
            Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

Comment

Originally posted by Sniper View Post
              What else would he say?
              Its evident that you are just here to bash the guy no matter what is put forth.

2011 FA: FS - OJ Atogwe
              2011 Draft Picks: Ryan Kerrigan-OLB-Purdue, Jarvis Jenkins-DE-Clemson, Leonard Hankerson-WR-Miami, Roy Helu-RB-Nebraska, DeJon Gomes-CB/S-Nebraska, Niles Paul-WR-Nebraska, Evan Royster-RB-Penn State, Aldrick Robinson-WR-SMU, Brandyn Thompson-CB-Boise State, Maurice Hurt-OG-Florida, Markus White-OLB-Florida State, Chris Neild-NT-West Virginia

Comment

There's never just one reason for Sniper to be around. He probably also doesn't like your attitude. :D

I'd be more concerned if Al had NOT once again re-iterated his Reggie White aspirations. They're a little stale but it's all just good policy, it's 100% fan service.

Comment

seriously though, if he just said. "im just trying to be average" would that be cool? all the good players say stuff like that.

Comment

I wrote that quote from Big Al at his presser because it was so over the top hype on his part.

I didn't watch every Tennesse game, but I do know the guy is inconsistent, but the difference is Big AL's talent level is so high, even when he's off his game, he going to make more of an impact than most DTs.

The SKins have a bad rep for signing high priced FAs who underperform once they put on the burgundy and gold. If he can play healthy for 16 games, I'd say it was a huge bonus for the Skins.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sniper View Post
                      What else would he say?
                      ...I like big butts and I cannot lie?

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
                      don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend

Comment

• The problem with our FA spending is in the past we have spent boat loads of money on players that are not elite level talent. I hated the Brandon Lloyd, Adam Archuleta and Antwaan Randle El signings. We spent WAY too much for them and they are questionable talent. IMO the Andre Carter signing worked out because he is capable of putting up good sack totals when the defense isnt focusing on just him. I hate that we still have Randle El. He makes an insane amount of money for a #3 WR and his cap his is gigantic so we cant even let him go yet. I have been saying we need to bring in some of the best FAs at their positions. My case is London Fletcher. He has been a rock for us and was one of the best MLBs in football before he came to DC and he still is.

My point is that Albert is another elite level player. I agree he has been inconsistant and his injuries are a factor for playing the whole season. But we had the #4 ranked defense without him and it is proven statistically that he makes others around him better.

2011 Draft Picks: Ryan Kerrigan-OLB-Purdue, Jarvis Jenkins-DE-Clemson, Leonard Hankerson-WR-Miami, Roy Helu-RB-Nebraska, DeJon Gomes-CB/S-Nebraska, Niles Paul-WR-Nebraska, Evan Royster-RB-Penn State, Aldrick Robinson-WR-SMU, Brandyn Thompson-CB-Boise State, Maurice Hurt-OG-Florida, Markus White-OLB-Florida State, Chris Neild-NT-West Virginia

Comment

• I fully expect Albert to improve the Redskins D.

I just wonder for how long. If he once again can't play his best by the time January rolls around because he's dinging up - something any truly elite player should do - then his presence won't be of much use.

Comment

• Originally posted by OzTitan View Post
                            I fully expect Albert to improve the Redskins D.

I just wonder for how long. If he once again can't play his best by the time January rolls around because he's dinging up - something any truly elite player should do - then his presence won't be of much use.
                            I think the perception that he will be forced to play more then usual is wrong. We didnt lose anyone from our DL last year and we added him and Orakpo. We will be able to keep him fresh

Comment

• Originally posted by toddmlazarchick View Post
                              I think the perception that he will be forced to play more then usual is wrong. We didnt lose anyone from our DL last year and we added him and Orakpo. We will be able to keep him fresh
                              My statement had nothing to do with the Redskins style - he was rotated thoroughly in Tennessee every one of his years, and he never once made it all 16 games. As it happened, some of those years was those cap killed losing seasons but when the Titans were in the playoffs or sniffing them, he was either injured or post-injury, and either one means a less impacting Haynesworth.

I believe if he had some sort of meaningful playoff impact in his career he would have been re-signed. Since he hadn't, though, it's hard to justify putting so much money into a guy who isn't living up to his paycheck when it matters most. His luck may change in Washington, but there was a pretty clear pattern forming.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information