No announcement yet.

Coaching changes fluster Manning

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Peyton should take the Jackie Moon role and be everything for that organization.

Comment

Didn't mention the OLine situation. Good points. Once that is solidified, it'll keep Peyton upright and healthier. He'll bounce back to his usual self even without Harrison. Perhaps Caldwell felt like they could benefit from different coaching, which prompted the changes.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Comment

"They're not offering a lot of coaching out there, I can assure you of that.''

It's funny how a comment like that can be taken so differently by media and fans depending on who says it. Some players in the league, with stature not too much lower than Peyton's, would get absolutely grilled for that.

Which is probably more a comment on the overreaction sometimes seen than any particular favoritism to Manning.

Comment

Originally posted by OzTitan View Post

It's funny how a comment like that can be taken so differently by media and fans depending on who says it. Some players in the league, with stature not too much lower than Peyton's, would get absolutely grilled for that.

Which is probably more a comment on the overreaction sometimes seen than any particular favoritism to Manning.
          Well when you have one of the best QBs ever, it's difficult to find coaches that would be up to his standards in knowledge of the game. Moore and Mudd were two of the few.

Comment

It's tough for someone to come in and try to coach Manning after he had the same OC for how long? His whole career thus far? Not exactly an easy task. I can almost bet that Manning is coaching them more than the other way around.

Comment

Thats what happens when a player knows more than his coach does.

Comment

I'd be flustered, too. The coaching changes are unorthodox at this point in the offseason and he's had Moore around his entire career.

BoneKrusher

Comment

Originally posted by Staubach12 View Post
                  I'd be flustered, too. The coaching changes are unorthodox at this point in the offseason and he's had Moore around his entire career.
                  At the same time, Peyton has got to know the offense backwards by now, and he basically calls his own plays.

PLUS aren't Moore and Mudd coming back as "consultants"?

I'm not too worried about the Colts machine.

Comment

Originally posted by OzTitan View Post

He sounds like a jerk saying things like that. If this was David Garrard or Matt Schaub, two of the other QBs in the division, they'd be getting some really negative responses.

Comment

Originally posted by CC.SD View Post
                      I say hyper,
                      ok, that's cool.

you say bole:
                      got it, so you say hyper I'll say bole!

HYPER! BOLE!
                      BO-- what the hell?

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
                      don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend

Comment

Originally posted by Addict View Post
                        ok, that's cool.

got it, so you say hyper I'll say bole!

BO-- what the hell?
                        I thought about cutting it off but honestly my ego wouldn't have been able to take it if no one picked it up. :)

Comment

I thought about cutting it off but honestly my ego wouldn't have been able to take it if no one picked it up. :)
                          which is why you have the edit button.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC

Comment

Originally posted by Addict View Post
                            which is why you have the edit button.
                            I never claimed I wasn't a fail.

Comment

I never claimed I wasn't a fail.
                              how's your ego doing now?

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC

Comment

At the same time, Peyton has got to know the offense backwards by now, and he basically calls his own plays.

PLUS aren't Moore and Mudd coming back as "consultants"?

I'm not too worried about the Colts machine.
                                Oh I'm not concerned about the Colts at all. If I were the Colts, I might seriously consider hiring a few more offensive assistants but having no real OC. Manning is the OC at this point and anyone with that title is going to cause conflict.

BoneKrusher

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information