No announcement yet.

Put Up Or Shut Up Players, '09

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• All in all.. in my view, comparing who's a bigger bust is like comparing who's more pregnant. Either way, you're team is screwed and either way a baby is gonna pop out.

Comment

• Erin Andrews.

Wait, did you say put out or put up?

Comment

• Originally posted by ironman4579 View Post
        He was the 7th leading receiver on your team last year. He may have done what was needed, blocking well etc., but I doubt he's done what was expected by the team when they drafted him. I don't think he's being cut, but this is certainly a year in which he needs to step up and produce more as an actual pass catching threat.
        As I mentioned the system that has been installed is more conducive to the starting WRs, backs and tight ends, not to mention he split time with Hackett as the third receiver.

So you're saying it's a bad thing the fourth receiver was the 7th leading guy behind at least 5 guys who're naturally in better position in their role within the offense to catch passes.

What next you're going to call a backup cornerback a bust for not having 10 interceptions...

He's developing, people forget the VAST majority of WRs in the NFL take around 3 years to come into their own, and he wasn't an experienced college WR so he's just now rounding into that range of experience and age where he's expected to become a serious NFL contributor.

Comment

• Originally posted by TimDris View Post
          For the Jets:

Brad Smith WR
          -Talent, talent, and more talent. I hope now that he is actually getting the chance to be a true WR not Mangini's toy, he will prove how good he really is. He's had more than enough time to learn the position.

Kellen Clemens QB
          -He was a 2nd round pick who has shown flashes but has lost the off season QB battle for the past 2 years. Now that Sanchez is here he needs to finally show that he is a NFL starting QB before Sanchez gets the chance to start. I've always said he has the potential, but he needs to start playing up to it.
          I will add one more here

DE/OLB Vernon Gholston
          - 6th overall pick in 2008 NFL Draft and spent a year struggling and learning the playbook and entire NFL gamespeed and game. At one point was dis activated by Mangini vs The Bills and was somewhat called out by both fans and the media. New coach, new defensive coordinator, new motivation. You can get away with learning and being ineffective year 1 but it is time to show your worth as the 6th overall pick of the draft and to at least show PROGRESS and SOMETHING and CONTRIBUTE to the team. Not asking for a Mario Williams jump but just matter on the field and to be a guy can rush effectively. If he has a repeat year, I dont like how things will turn out for the man regarding his future with the Jets..........I have hope and confidence in the man though. Need to put up though, he knows too.

Id like to say Mark Sanchez regarding the playbook and learning too. Alot of publicity, modeling, and media chatter, we just need him to learn the playbook and to get a good understand of the NFL. Thats all, anything more than that is gravy.
          Last edited by Thecollegedropout; 05-30-2009, 02:58 AM.

Comment

• i don't know if anybody's mentioned him yet but:

it's not all good Jamarcus, it's NOT ALL GOOD.

RIP ST

Comment

• Originally posted by Shahin View Post
              i don't know if anybody's mentioned him yet but:

it's not all good Jamarcus, it's NOT ALL GOOD.
              "I will gladly play on Tuesday, for a hamburger today!"

Yesss Popeye reference...

Comment

• Originally posted by CC.SD View Post
                "I will gladly play on Tuesday, for a hamburger today!"

Yesss Popeye reference...

Comment

• Originally posted by ATLDirtyBirds View Post

RIP ST

Comment

• Two words: Tommie Harris

Or well actually it's one name. :D

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Originally posted by JBCX
                    Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.

Comment

• Originally posted by nikkayeah View Post
                      bear pascoe is nowhere near as good a blocker as veron davis
                      Yeah and Bajama is a Ram now.

Comment

• Even though he's just going into his second year I have to say
                        NY Jets-Vernon Gholston I mean this guy was a sack machine in college he had 30.5 TFL and 22.5 sacks in 25 games where he started. He ran a 4.58 40 at 266 pounds, he had 37 reps at 225 pounds, and was one of only 2 players to record a sack on #1 pick LT Jake Long. So the Jets draft him #6 overall and give him a 5-year $50 million dollar contract(21 million guaranteed) So what does he do in 2008? Get's 13 tackles with only 5 solo tackles. I'm sorry I understand it's hard to adjust but a good pass rusher shouldn't be that horrible when all thats really changed is your standing up instead of down. He needs to come out in '09 and have a killer season cuz most ppl are already calling him a bust.
                        Cleveland Browns-Braylon Edwards As someone said earlier when Edwards is on, he's one of the Top 5 best WRs in the league but last year he had way too many dropped balls. Also while he wasen't horrible last year he only had 3 TDs! Which is horrible if your Braylon Edwards. He needs to step is game up cuz Mangini (idiot) has already put him on the trading block and if he has a bad season he may find himself out in the cold.
                        Also while he's not on one of my teams I think Chad Johnson is def on a put up or shut up year. He had his worst stats since his rookie year in '08, Palmer will be back but I think it has to do more wit Ocho Cinco(lol) then who's the QB. He's a distraction and while he's always been one he also used to put up big numbers. I see him having another bad to average year, I think he'll leave Cincy in FA, and the Bengals are gonna wish they had traded him to Washington for those two 1st rounders during the '08 offseason.

Comment

• Originally posted by TT Gator View Post
                          the Bengals are gonna wish they had traded him to Washington for those two 1st rounders during the '08 offseason.
                          If they don't already regret it, then something is wrong. The fact that they didn't accept that deal in the first place is the reason the Bengals are the Bengals.....and JaMarcus looks slightly ******** in the picture above.

Courtesy of Fenikz - Much Appreciated

Originally posted by dRaFtDoRk
                          You can't be a good corner if no one throws your way. Thats my way of seeing it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Menardo75 View Post
                            He is statistically the most improved QB in NFL history, gets the crap beat out of him, and misses the next two years, and his time is up?
                            i guess my "time is up" comment was kind of misinterpreted.

i think the last line best sums up wat i was trying to say

Originally posted by phlysac View Post
                            I'm trying to figure out how Alex Smith could've improved last season considering he was placed on IR in the preseason. He hasn't thrown a regular season pass with a healthy shoulder since the 4th week of the 2007 season. He is also still just 25 years of age.

But along with the topic of the thread... He's not on my list because he has already lost his starting job and taken a huge paycut. Therefore, he can only rebuild a reputation already lost, not have one final chance at keeping the reputation.
                            Alex Smith is still young, and something made him the #1 pick, but now, its about rebuilding his reputation and play. Many people have ridden him off so he doesnt really fit into the topic of this thread

Go Ravens!

Comment

• Green Bay

Harrell just needs to stay healthy
                              B Jax " "
                              jMike - not really a put up or shut up sit. but i would def like to see some improvements after his rookie season.

Charles Woodson - He still isnt putting up the numbers he did at michigan.

On Andrew Luck
                              Originally posted by killxswitch
                              People are expecting him to be some sort of alien defense-destroying robot QB and it's just not realistic.

Comment

• Fat Jamarcus makes me laugh

Sig by the sigmaster BoneKrusher. Each one is a masterpiece
                                Originally posted by BaLLiN72
                                i wish NFLDC had something like "wall to wall" where we could see Brodeur and Job's conversations.
                                Originally posted by Job
                                NFLDC would be jizzing itself non-stop.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information