No announcement yet.

Put Up Or Shut Up Players, '09

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alex Smith can be added to the 49ers list also.
    Originally posted by 49erNation85
    I dunno even half of those guys why did we sign them jeez.

Comment

Originally posted by jballa838 View Post
      Seattle Seahawks: LoJack - can you pass rush?
      Original Matty Ice - got anything left in the tank?
      Deion Branch - Can you stay healthy?
      Colin Cole - Never did anything in GB to warrant a big contract like that, better step it up.

Kelly Jennings - With Lucas being brought in and Wilson probably being the 3rd CB, Kelly might not see much time. He needs to prove he was worthy of that first rounder.

Comment

David Garrard - If the offensive line and running game improve from last year but he doesn't, then say bye-bye.

John Henderson - He regressed big time last year. He needs to get back to his dominating self or the defense will continue to be porous.

Derrick Harvey/Quinton Groves - They need to continue to improve in their play in order to help the Jaguars' woeful pass rush.

Tony Pashos - His year was a mixed bag. If he doesn't improve in training camp, then he may get ousted by Britton and moved inside. Then the question will be how well he plays inside. If that doesn't work, then he's also "shut up."

Maurice Jones-Drew - He plays at a high level, but can he play as well as a starter? He doesn't represent a red flag as big as the others, but it's something to look out for.

Jack Del Rio - Not a player, but I'm getting the feeling that it's winning record or GTFO for him.

by BoneKrusher
        <DG> how metal unseen
        <TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that

Comment

Willis Mcgahee for the ravens. I am a firm supporter of this guy, but if he runs like he did in the beginning of the year, he is gone next year. I understand he was injured but this guy is hella talented and should be a 1000 yard rusher for us. I have high hopes for this guy and i believe this is his year to shine or to give up the reigns to Ray Rice

Go Ravens!

Comment

Let me try to think of some for the Rams.

1. Marc Bulger- While I am still a big supporter of him, a huge rift in the fan base has developed over him. If he is good then he can prove that he is just fine and that no QB would be good on these past couple Rams teams. If he struggles again then it will have been three straight poor seasons.

2. Alex Barron- For the most part he would have to be classified as a disappointment, though I don't think he has been as bad as some others do. It's his contract year and h is being moved to LT, which most feel is his natural position. He needs to play better and severly cut down on the penalties.

3. Richie Incognito- Another polarizing player among Rams fans. Some feel that he an idiot, others feel he is just emotional. Some feel he is a plus player, others feel he is a minus player. Well, we'll see this year.

4. Tye Hill- He is probably on his last life with the Rams. He was solid his rookie season, seemed to get better his second season until getting hurt, and was absolutely horrid last year. I still think he could become something, but I'm in the minority.

5. Steven Jackson- As amazing as it may seem, some Rams fans have a problem with him. In my opinion it's because he isn't Marshall Faulk. I'm kidding about having to prove himself though, I mean get real idiotic small segment of Rams fans.

I am done arguing, until somebody says something stupid.

Comment

Originally posted by The Unseen View Post
              David Garrard - If the offensive line and running game improve from last year but he doesn't, then say bye-bye.

John Henderson - He regressed big time last year. He needs to get back to his dominating self or the defense will continue to be porous.

Derrick Harvey/Quinton Groves - They need to continue to improve in their play in order to help the Jaguars' woeful pass rush.

Tony Pashos - His year was a mixed bag. If he doesn't improve in training camp, then he may get ousted by Britton and moved inside. Then the question will be how well he plays inside. If that doesn't work, then he's also "shut up."

Maurice Jones-Drew - He plays at a high level, but can he play as well as a starter? He doesn't represent a red flag as big as the others, but it's something to look out for.

Jack Del Rio - Not a player, but I'm getting the feeling that it's winning record or GTFO for him.
              i wouldnt put that amount of pressure on those 2nd year pass rushers in Harvey and Groves. Though I feel Harvey has a lot to prove after the Jags reached for him last year.

And i believe if Garrard struggles this year, that the Jags will be interested in a first round QB

Go Ravens!

Comment

I'll add a couple more for the Packers.

Chad Clifton - contract year, didn't play well down the stretch
                Scott Wells - talk that he might not even make the roster
                Justin Harrell - just getting on the field consistently would be a start

Sig by Eaglez.Fan

Comment

Originally posted by Menardo75 View Post
                  If he even sees the field...

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

If I'm looking at the giants I think Antonio Pierce is a clear starting point, he's come in chubby for a couple years now and he's slowed down significantly, while he's still a tough guy and has great football IQ his play has been declining. Now if also consider that we're suddenly deep at the position, with both Kehl and Goff looking like they're best chance to become a starter will be at Mike after the additions of Clint Sintim and Michael Boley, not mentioning a guy like chase blackburn who's been a key backup for our team.

I also think this is a big year for Domenik Hixon, he's shown the explosiveness aswell as route running the ability to get open deep, but he has to show he can consistently bring the ball in and contribute as a blocker. If not I think Mario Manningham and Hakeem Nicks will take him out of the starting lineup by half way through the season, and if he doesn't step up and our young guys do he's probably going to be either released or restricted to return duties.

Comment

Originally posted by Brent View Post
                      Originally posted by Menardo75 View Post
                      If he even sees the field...
                      he'll see the field allright. From the sidelines.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
                      don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend

Comment

for the Vikings:
                        Obviously Tavaris Jackson, then I'd go with Sidney Rice, Visanthe Shiancoe, and Ray Edwards. I think all of those guys could very easily be replaced after this year if they don't produce.

sig by BK and avy by me
                        Originally posted by A Perfect Score
                        If a girl is sucking me off, and I look down and shes beating off a **** of her own, I am absolutely going to tell her to stop. 100% of the time. Explain that ****.

Comment

Buster Davis: Hey guy you're a first rounder. I don't expect you to beat out Chambers or Jackson, but please win the #3 WR spot. Although honestly Legedu Naanee is much beastlier. What the heck are we going to do with this guy? If he hadn't been such a china doll from the beginning we would never have traded for Chambers mid-season, so I guess you could say he has contributed to the makeup of the team.

Luis Castillo: I like Castillo, he's dominant when he's on, but he never flipped the switch last year and is getting paid like a top 5 DE in the league. You don't get to take a year off when you have that contract, Dancing Bear, and if you do you better bounce back hard.

Comment

If the 49ers still have Alex Smith on the roster.. What makes you think Vernon Davis' job is on notice. Let me just point out some flaws in that argument.

Vernon, although dropped some balls last season, caught most of the balls thrown to him when he was thrown to. I say when he was thrown to because they didn't do it a lot. When was the last time you seen a TE go to the pro bowl from the Mike Martz system?

Bear Pascoe was brought it for blocking purposes since we lost Bajema in the FA. Bear, although a fan fave, doesn't have the hands, blocking ablility, or overall playmaking ability Vernon Davis has. He's there for blocking.. nothing more nothing less.

Vernon Davis, although has had ONE ISSUE for the past 3 years.. is labeled a headcase. But since Sing decided to call him out publicly, somehow he's been labeled as a "me first" type guy. He's anything but. Can you recall anymore incidents with VD?

Comment

Reggie Bush. Come on dude, lets aim for 600 rushing yards this year.

Comment

Originally posted by GhostDeini View Post
                                Reggie Bush. Come on dude, lets aim for 600 rushing yards this year.
                                They should have known what they were getting when they drafted him.

btw, your sig is biiiiig

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information