No announcement yet.

Bears sign Pisa!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When I think of HH, I remember to that TD in the Bucs game last year where Jeremy Stevens split out wide and HH went out to cover him 1 on 1......

I was just like "NOOOOOOOOO CALL TIME OUT CALL TIME OUT!!!!!" but too late.....ball is snapped, and Stevens owns HH for the TD.

Pretty sure Nick Roach started getting the SAM starts after that.

And also, to those that say bad fit at SAM.....wrong. Like what was mentioned above but apparently ignored, theres not much of a difference between any of our LBing spots, and SAM is the only one open with Urlacher and Briggs filling MIKE and WILL.

Pisa should do well enough covering a TE or RB on 1st and 2nd down and then come off in the nickel package. I also think having him adds to our depth because if something happens to Urlacher or Briggs, he can slide into their spot and we can let one of the younger guys take over at SAM as I think it's a little less of a leap.

Comment

It's not that I think he should be on the field in any of the other linebacker positions, I just don't really think his coverage skills are good enough. After how bad HH seems to have been I suppose he could be an upgrade though.

Comment

Originally posted by BlindSite View Post
        It's not that I think he should be on the field in any of the other linebacker positions, I just don't really think his coverage skills are good enough. After how bad HH seems to have been I suppose he could be an upgrade though.
        Well if it's his coverage skills that you think will be the problem, then SAM is the best spot for him on the Bears. Like I said, cover a TE or a RB for a down or two then come out when the nickel package goes on.

Definite upgrade over anyone else we could have had there, even better that it's a cheap 1 year deal.

Comment

Didn't Pisa play last year for the Rams at less than 230 pounds??

If he's in the 225 range, I don't see how he plays SSLB.

Comment

Originally posted by parrish_lemar24DBSkins View Post
            Didn't Pisa play last year for the Rams at less than 230 pounds??

If he's in the 225 range, I don't see how he plays SSLB.
            As has been mentioned multiple times already in this thread alone, the SAM in the Bears scheme differs very little from the other LBing positions and isn't like the SAM that teams like the Giants and Eagles use where it's basically a 3rd DE.

Pisa will fit just fine. Nick Roach held it down for the latter part of last season and he was a whopping 6'1 230.

Comment

Originally posted by BeerBaron View Post
              Well if it's his coverage skills that you think will be the problem, then SAM is the best spot for him on the Bears. Like I said, cover a TE or a RB for a down or two then come out when the nickel package goes on.

Definite upgrade over anyone else we could have had there, even better that it's a cheap 1 year deal.
              I would've taken Derrick Brooks for a year.

Comment

Originally posted by BlindSite View Post
                I would've taken Derrick Brooks for a year.
                Lovie's got experience with both...I'm assuming he had some say in the matter and preferred Pisa for one reason or another.

Comment

Pisa has got talent and as stated before will fit well at SAM in the Chicago defence. My worry isen't about whether or not he'll play well(he could easily be in the Top 3 tacklers on the team) but if he can stay healthy.

Comment

Working...
                  X

Debug Information