Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Donte Stallworth signs with Patriots

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #46
    Originally posted by Larry View Post
    It's been a while since the Pats have been this active.
    no. 2003, Rodney Harrison, Rosevelt Colvin got a big deal

    2005 we offered Derrick Mason a nice contract but he took less for Baltimore b/c his wife didnt wanna come to New England(stupid *****)

    and we had some big interest in Samari Rolle if i remember correctly but nothing happened. Dillon was a big move in '04

    just everyone says were cheap and underestimate what we do. we sign players we need/fit what we want. might aswell start calling every team that hasnt had a big move yet cheap.

    Comment


    • #47
      I guess it's possible the Patriots sell up that high, but I'm not sold on it. This is a team that values it's draft picks here, and with what has been long thought of as a weak draft, I've always thought there was a strong possibility they might deal down and accumulate future picks. They had the cap space this year to make the moves, but they also know in the near future, they'll need to start moving guys off to have continuity, and that'll involve future picks. On paper, next year's draft looks much better right now, and accumulating picks there could help ease the burden of potentially moving off guys like Bruschi/Harrison/Green/perhaps Light amongst others. The grades between late first talent and 2nd round talents aren't going to differentiate by much. With how they utilize safety talent, they might as well take a Reggie Nelson (don't think he'll be there, but there's a chance) or Michael Griffin, or to take a John Wendling/Eric Weddle type later on.

      But that's my guess, and it's early, so it's all speculation.

      Comment


      • #48
        umm since when does Landry not have elite workout numbers, last i checked he ran a 4.35 with great measureables, and comes from one the best NFL ready schools, so what else do u need

        he's a top 10 talent, for what reason should he slip to a spot we could trade up to, i have no idea, tho this would be a prayer, it could happen, and i would LOOOOVE IT!!! is he ONLY suited for FS cuz Eugene is young but injury prone and i think this will be harrisons last year


        besides that, i really havent seen a news cast say something like EXAMPLE: "steelers offer McSally "6 yr $25 Mil Deal" and end up being turned down, i think he might see what else is out there and sign the deal, or he hasnt quite signed it, but agreed to terms

        in my HONEST opinion i believe at the end of tomorrow, he will be a New England Patriot, making us the most dynamic, young, and explosive offense in the LEAGUE, i said it LEAGUE
        Ricky Santos-UNH PRIDE! GO WILDCATS!

        Comment


        • #49
          Originally posted by Santos-Stanton47 View Post
          umm since when does Landry not have elite workout numbers, last i checked he ran a 4.35 with great measureables, and comes from one the best NFL ready schools, so what else do u need
          You misunderstood what I said. I was saying that even if Landry did not have the elite workout numbers, he would be on the Patriots radar. But that's a dream. I can't actually seeing us trading up for him. Still, we do have a ton of flexibility in the draft because of this signing.

          R.I.P. Junior Seau

          Comment


          • #50
            nooo god i hate the patriots

            sig by jkpigskin

            2007 SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS

            2011 SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS

            Comment


            • #51
              this is from pft so who knows but it's interesting



              POSTED 7:39 p.m. EST, March 6, 2007

              STILL NO DEAL FOR STALLWORTH

              Contrary to a report on ComcastSportsNet.com that receiver Donte' Stallworth has a deal with the New England Patriots, Profootballtalk.com has learned that there is no agreement.

              ComcastSportsNet.com says that the deal was "confirmed . . . by the office of Drew Rosenhaus, Stallworth's agent."

              Well, we tracked down Rosenhaus personally, and he told us: "There is no deal, and nothing is imminent."

              Stallworth visited with the Patriots on Tuesday, and will next visit with the Titans, and then with the Dolphins. No decision on his next destination is expected until the end of the week, at the earliest.

              Comment


              • #52
                Originally posted by toonsterwu View Post
                I guess it's possible the Patriots sell up that high, but I'm not sold on it. This is a team that values it's draft picks here, and with what has been long thought of as a weak draft, I've always thought there was a strong possibility they might deal down and accumulate future picks. They had the cap space this year to make the moves, but they also know in the near future, they'll need to start moving guys off to have continuity, and that'll involve future picks. On paper, next year's draft looks much better right now, and accumulating picks there could help ease the burden of potentially moving off guys like Bruschi/Harrison/Green/perhaps Light amongst others. The grades between late first talent and 2nd round talents aren't going to differentiate by much. With how they utilize safety talent, they might as well take a Reggie Nelson (don't think he'll be there, but there's a chance) or Michael Griffin, or to take a John Wendling/Eric Weddle type later on.

                But that's my guess, and it's early, so it's all speculation.
                I didn't consider that. They could move down, and get seconds and thirds and such, and also picks next year. Certainly makes sense though, because of the job they do developing talent. Seems like they are really pushing to get back to the Superbowl with all this activity, and they realize its more competitive now then three, four years ago, when they started their run.

                Comment


                • #53
                  Originally posted by Windy City Big Gamer Uno View Post
                  this is from pft so who knows but it's interesting



                  POSTED 7:39 p.m. EST, March 6, 2007

                  STILL NO DEAL FOR STALLWORTH

                  Contrary to a report on ComcastSportsNet.com that receiver Donte' Stallworth has a deal with the New England Patriots, Profootballtalk.com has learned that there is no agreement.

                  ComcastSportsNet.com says that the deal was "confirmed . . . by the office of Drew Rosenhaus, Stallworth's agent."

                  Well, we tracked down Rosenhaus personally, and he told us: "There is no deal, and nothing is imminent."

                  Stallworth visited with the Patriots on Tuesday, and will next visit with the Titans, and then with the Dolphins. No decision on his next destination is expected until the end of the week, at the earliest.
                  And the story continues. You would think the British Prime Minister was facing a no confidence vote, with all this mystery.

                  Comment


                  • #54
                    Originally posted by DonWoods33 View Post
                    I didn't consider that. They could move down, and get seconds and thirds and such, and also picks next year. Certainly makes sense though, because of the job they do developing talent. Seems like they are really pushing to get back to the Superbowl with all this activity, and they realize its more competitive now then three, four years ago, when they started their run.
                    If they can get Stallworth and deal down to accumulate future picks, they could really be positioning themselves for a long, long run as a top level team. Their needs can be filled in the 2nd/3rd round, and accumulating future picks would allow them to leverage against some of the veterans that may eventually need to be moved. This is an organization that does a great job of thinking in the present, while being mindful of the future, and so far, it's been a solid offseason for them.

                    Really, the Patriots don't have any pressing needs that's first round worthy. Thomas allows them to groom LB's, Sanders allows them to groom safeties. SOmeone like Weddle would have the free safety versatility that Belichick likes, in case WIlson struggles, or they could go with the superb talent of Wendling while knowing he needs to be molded. Adding Welker/Stallworth would be good system moves while removing a need for immediate WR impact.
                    Last edited by toonsterwu; 03-06-2007, 06:54 PM.

                    Comment


                    • #55
                      I don't trust everything I hear from Profootball Talk. I would be more apt to believe Comcastsportsnet. But that's not saying much. My opinion of that site is very low.
                      Still, this is getting pretty interesting. Well, as a Patriots fan, I just hope we get either him or Moss. I would still prefer Moss.

                      R.I.P. Junior Seau

                      Comment


                      • #56
                        Originally posted by BuckNaked View Post
                        Welker and Stallworth. They've got some good targets for Brady now.
                        I dont this signing is true. If if is, the Pats much be on crack!! Why would they dish out 2 huge contracts to WRs that wouldnt even be #1 WRs on many other teams?? And WHERE ARE THEY GETTING THIS MONEY FROM?? They already signed Thomas and Welker to huge deals. I think Stallworth will end up in Tennesee.
                        INDIANAPOLIS COLTS - A CHANGE IS COMING!

                        Comment


                        • #57
                          I'm still a little suprised that NE didn't want to resign Branch and instead have gone after 2 new WR's this offseason one with an injury history. Branch and Brady seemly got along well with one another so why not keep him? Is Welker or Stallworth an improvment over Branch? I don't think Welker is and I think Stallworth and Branch are somewhat equal.

                          Comment


                          • #58
                            Originally posted by indyfan1985 View Post
                            I dont this signing is true. If if is, the Pats much be on crack!! Why would they dish out 2 huge contracts to WRs that wouldnt even be #1 WRs on many other teams?? And WHERE ARE THEY GETTING THIS MONEY FROM?? They already signed Thomas and Welker to huge deals. I think Stallworth will end up in Tennesee.
                            You don't need a true number one wide receiver to win in the NFL. We've won all these years with guys who would be 3's on most teams, with the exception of Branch who would be a 2 on most teams. In fact, if you follow the elite receivers, you won't find many rings. But Stallworth is a solid borderline 1.
                            As for the money, one of the things I was mad about last season was that we didn't made a major move...despite all our cap space. We we're like 20 million under the cap, or something like that.

                            R.I.P. Junior Seau

                            Comment


                            • #59
                              Originally posted by MNRunLeft View Post
                              I'm still a little suprised that NE didn't want to resign Branch and instead have gone after 2 new WR's this offseason one with an injury history. Branch and Brady seemly got along well with one another so why not keep him? Is Welker or Stallworth an improvment over Branch? I don't think Welker is and I think Stallworth and Branch are somewhat equal.
                              I think the answer to that is, relative to when the Branch situation was going on, the cost of keeping Branch, who is a marginal number 1 receiver, a solid number 2, and a great number 3, was too much relative to the organizational structure. Keep in mind that the salary cap rose this offseason substantially. In the end, I don't think anyone really feels that Branch was the difference between playing for a Super Bowl for them and sitting and watching, and the additional pick offers them quality future planning.

                              Comment


                              • #60
                                Originally posted by remix 6 View Post
                                no. 2003, Rodney Harrison, Rosevelt Colvin got a big deal

                                2005 we offered Derrick Mason a nice contract but he took less for Baltimore b/c his wife didnt wanna come to New England(stupid *****)

                                and we had some big interest in Samari Rolle if i remember correctly but nothing happened. Dillon was a big move in '04

                                just everyone says were cheap and underestimate what we do. we sign players we need/fit what we want. might aswell start calling every team that hasnt had a big move yet cheap.
                                2003 was a while ago.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information