• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, that makes much more sense.

Comment

Originally posted by NGSeiler View Post
      ...in English please?

All I'm pointing out is that it's interesting that they wouldn't pay Branch and traded him only to sign Stallworth to a deal of similar total value.
      Works out for us, we get a similar player for less money and a #1 pick...

Comment

Upon seeing the contract terms, that's much more favorable than the initial figures would have you believe, I agree.

Comment

Originally posted by NGSeiler View Post
          ...in English please?

All I'm pointing out is that it's interesting that they wouldn't pay Branch and traded him only to sign Stallworth to a deal of similar total value.
          im saying
          -the cap increased so everyone is getting paid more. if Branch was in this market..he would be asking for more because he can command more. you really think Clements and others would have gotten that big of a contracts in last year's salary?

-Stallworth has options..this year he will make $3.6 million and then has option for 2 or 4 more years. thats cheaper than Deion.

Comment

Im not a fan of stallworth, but this was a well designed contract. Its full of roster bonueses and option bonuses, and correct me if im wrong, the pats can cut him after 1 year with no cap hit, right?

Stallworth might have his breakout season with brady now.

Comment

Originally posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
              david thomas is going to be really solid for you guys, may have led to releasing graham since thomas is a whole lot cheaper...he has excellent hands, he's just small as far as height is concerned...but he has been a top TE all the way since HS, i attended a nike camp with him back before the 01-02 season and he definately showed how much potential he has...i hope he gets a chance to get worked in....

and im just rooting for him to leave philly, id love if he came home to tennessee with vince, that would enable them to not go WR first rd, maybe wait 2nd for a sidney rice if they still felt the need...
              I really like Thomas and he made some great catches when given the opporitunity this year. He is a receiving TE though, whereas Graham was a big-time blocker and a good receiver as well. I don't think he pushed Graham out of NE. Thomas played some fullback, slot receiver, and TE and did well. I really like him and he could do some good things. He is actually a pretty good blocker for a 6-3 230 pound TE.

As for the Stallworth signing, I like it. He is the most proven receiver (aside from Troy Brown) on our roster now. He should be the number one guy in '07. If Chad Jackson returns healthy this is how I see the depth chart.
              1.Stallworth
              2.Caldwell
              3.Welker
              4.Jackson
              5.Gaffney
              That is a pretty decent WR corps, plus Watson and Thomas as receiving TE's. Gaffney was impressive towards the end of last year and could see more throws his way in '07, and Caldwell was solid until the playoffs.
              Last edited by Don Vito; 03-11-2007, 12:37 PM.

Comment

im not sold on this but its the pats so it will most liekly work out for them

Stedman Bailey 2012 Stat Tracker:
                12 Games, 106 Rec, 1501 yards, 23 TD's

Steddy Ambition!
                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aOnISzeG2Ao

Comment

I love how Eagles fans were convinced that "there is no chance that Stallworth will leave Philadelphia". It's the NFL. Anything can, and will happen.

Comment

Originally posted by princefielder28 View Post
                    Patriots have put themselves back in elite company with the Colts in the AFC
                    Since when were they not in elite company?

Comment

• Originally posted by BuckNaked View Post
                      Welker and Stallworth. They've got some good targets for Brady now.
                      The Jets still have a better tandem, but I'm still hating the fact that they now have a legit pair of WR.

AFC East WR's:

1. Laveranues Coles
                      2. Chris Chambers
                      3. Donte Stallworth
                      4. Jerricho Cotchery
                      5. Lee Evans
                      6. Wes Welker
                      Last edited by Non_Sequitur; 03-11-2007, 03:11 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Non_Sequitur View Post
                        The Jets still have a better tandem, but I'm still hating the fact that they now have a legit pair of WR.

AFC East WR's:

1. Laveranues Coles
                        2. Chris Chambers
                        3. Donte Stallworth
                        4. Jerricho Cotchery
                        5. Lee Evans
                        6. Wes Welker
                        Welker is gonna be the slot..hes better suited there. you have the better starting tandem we have the etter corps

^btw Chambers #2 in AFC East? if he can catch and run anything better than a fade..maybe

AFC East WRs
                        ------------
                        1. Coles
                        2. Evans
                        3. Stallworth
                        4. Cotchery
                        5. Chambers
                        6. Caldwell

Comment

• Originally posted by remix 6 View Post
                          Welker is gonna be the slot..hes better suited there. you have the better starting tandem we have the etter corps

^btw Chambers #2 in AFC East? if he can catch and run anything better than a fade..maybe

AFC East WRs
                          ------------
                          1. Coles
                          2. Evans
                          3. Stallworth
                          4. Cotchery
                          5. Chambers
                          6. Caldwell

Chambers has mad talent, he's just had too much turnover at QB.

Comment

• Originally posted by Non_Sequitur View Post
                            Chambers has mad talent, he's just had too much turnover at QB.
                            i know hes very talented and makes some crazy catches but he doesnt excel in route running and his hands are average/barely above average

talent doesnt make u a great WR if u dont get it together...if we based it on "talent" then Jackson is #1 :) but he hasnt learned the playbook so we have to wait :(

Comment

• what do you guys intend to do with jackson, as far as his role, he ran alot of reverses last year for you guys

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                              I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

• Originally posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
                                what do you guys intend to do with jackson, as far as his role, he ran alot of reverses last year for you guys
                                He still has to heal and learn better the play book.

Thanks to BoneKrusher

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information