• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dan Morgan retires again.

http://blogs.nfl.com/2009/06/08/agen...etiring-again/

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
    -San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
    Originally posted by Borat
    Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.

If his body can't take it, its better he retire now then get seriously hurt in the regular season. All the best to him.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
    Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy

Comment

I loved Dan Morgan and when he was on the field he was a truly great middle linebacker and there was a noticeable change in the defense. I was sad to see him leave and it's sad to see his body just not able to continue.

Comment

It's a shame really, loved to see him play, but better quit while you're ahead. There was just no way his brain could take any more hard contact without causing some serious damage, so it's good that he finally decided to hang em up.

Comment

good move IMO with all his concussions he really didn't have much of a choice.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
          don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend

Comment

I really thought he would make it to the season opener this year. Wish him all the best.

Sveen's 2015 NFL Draft Spreadsheet

Comment

hopefully this time, its for good.

I loved Morgan. If the guy could just stay healthy, he wouldve been the next Brian Urlacher (except he could shed blocks and shows up to the SB).

Comment

More time for JoLonn Dunbar imo.
                The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer

Comment

I hope everyone realizes how good this guy once was. He was a really really good MLB, but his body let him down. No doubt was an above average performer at his position.

Courtesy of Fenikz - Much Appreciated

Originally posted by dRaFtDoRk
                  You can't be a good corner if no one throws your way. Thats my way of seeing it.

Comment

Originally posted by The Great Jonathan Vilma View Post
                    I hope everyone realizes how good this guy once was. He was a really really good MLB, but his body let him down. No doubt was an above average performer at his position.
                    For sure. When he was healthy and in his prime, he was a top 5 MLB easily.

Comment

I think he holds the unofficial record for most tackles in a SB too. 18 total which according to some writers at the observer should be listed as 24.

Comment

Originally posted by The Great Jonathan Vilma View Post
                        by all accounts ive read, hes supposedly a really good guy too.

his size, instincts, tackling ability, speed, strength, he had it all. he couldve been really special if he stayed healthy.

he never took a false step.

Comment

Amazing how often injuries don't allow you to see great players, and how quickly they can be forgotten. Sad. A guy like Herzlick at Boston College, who knows what he could have done, but he'll never get the chance. Look what injuries did to someone like Grant Hill in basketball. People have to be extremely lucky and truely feel blessed to be able to play in the league, and it is amazing when guys play long careers without major injuries, like a Derrick Brooks.

Morgan was a special player. Always great to hear when they are good people too.

Courtesy of Fenikz - Much Appreciated

Originally posted by dRaFtDoRk
                          You can't be a good corner if no one throws your way. Thats my way of seeing it.

Comment

at one point, was my favorite LB besides ray lewis. Really loved his speed. Best wishes for him

Go Ravens!

Comment

Good to see some Dan Morgan love, I always thought he was excellent

Sig by the sigmaster BoneKrusher. Each one is a masterpiece
                              Originally posted by BaLLiN72
                              i wish NFLDC had something like "wall to wall" where we could see Brodeur and Job's conversations.
                              Originally posted by Job
                              NFLDC would be jizzing itself non-stop.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information