No announcement yet.

Prospects That You Loved That Sucked

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Robert Gallery...I believe my exact words were, "Draft him and watch him rack up frequent flyer miles to Hawaii for the next 10 years..."

Oops...

I had a dream that Brady Quinn was rollin' with Omarosa in a 1987 LeSabre

Comment

And my Brandon Browner/Ernest Shazor misread...

I was thinking both would be 1st day picks...

I had a dream that Brady Quinn was rollin' with Omarosa in a 1987 LeSabre

Comment

Originally posted by therock6000 View Post
        Robert Gallery...I believe my exact words were, "Draft him and watch him rack up frequent flyer miles to Hawaii for the next 10 years..."

Oops...
        well don't feel too bad, everyone thought Gallery was gonna be the next big thing.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
        don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend

Comment

Robert Gallery - I'm still not convinced going to Oakland didn't ultimately doom him, but that's up for debate. I was hoping the Browns would trade up for him and everything... he was almost Pacelike in college... had the size, strength, mean streak, and was coached by Ferentz at Iowa. He was supposed to be a can't miss prospect.

Kwame Harris - I thought he was going to develop into a great left tackle. He seemed to have the feet and the intelligence... just needed to get a little stronger, but now he's a journeyman right tackle.

Michael Huff - Loved watching the kid in college... thought he was going to be a great safety in Oakland bringing back memories of Eric Turner.

Derrick Johnson - He's not bad, but he's not what I thought he would be... in college, he was an absolute freak both athletically and in terms of production and he brought that patented uppercut move to force fumbles. He looked like he had it all.

Alan Branch - I suppose he can still become something, but between injuries and everything else, he has been an absolute non factor. Yes, he was a little lazy at Michigan at times, but had insane athleticism for a man his size.

Comment

Jury's still out on Branch I think, he's only a third-year player... he could work things out.

I was a big believer in Leinart...

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
            don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend

Comment

Mike Williams, called a future HOFer by Kiper. I still think that he got screwed the NCAA and that year out of football was one of the reasons why he failed in the NFL, on top of the poor attitude/work ethic that showed while he was in the NFL.

I still think the jury is still out on Leinart, though its looking less and less likely he'll do anything, same with Jarrett.

Comment

Originally posted by therock6000 View Post

Oops...
                He's a pretty good guard.

Comment

i dont think I've ever been wrong.

scratch that: I loved(and still do) Joey Harrington and kinda liked Carr.
                  We ALL bleed scarlet
                  New York Giants Super Bowl 46 Champs
                  UNITED: I actually attend the college I root for
                  Originally posted by PalmerToCJ
                  BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.

Comment

Brandon Jackson - I expected him have a good season (kinda like Forte had this year) when he was the starter at the beggining of 07. He hasn't been a total bust but i thought he was going to be a feature back by now.

On Andrew Luck
                    Originally posted by killxswitch
                    People are expecting him to be some sort of alien defense-destroying robot QB and it's just not realistic.

Comment

hmmm

Two come immediately to mind -

Mike Huff - Should have had an Ed Reed type of impact at FS with his athletic ability, but he has been horribly inconsistent.

Peter Warrick - Probably the most dominant college WR in the past 10-12 years outside of Larry Fitzgerald and Megatron, but he never could make the transition to the pro game.

Sig by fenikz! Cheers!
                      Originally posted by Scott Wright
                      Mr. Dukes comes from the Michael Irvin "talk loud and maybe people will think I know what I am talking about" school of football analysis.

Comment

Reggie Nelson, Gallery, Charles Rogers, Jamal Anderson, Darryl blackstock, Gholston, Huff, whitner and McCargo, can't really remember many others right now but i'm sure there's a bunch of guys i'm missing. Some of those guys haven't sucked but they haven't been as good as I thought they would be.

Comment

Originally posted by General Zod View Post
                          Troy Williamson.

I win.

Lock the topic.
                          You don't know pain. I know pain.

Comment

Bobby Carpenter - loved him coming out and thought he'd make a great SAM linebacker in either a 4-3 or 3-4.

Alan Branch - thought he'd be a Pat Williams like presence on the inside

Reggie Nelson - thought he'd be Ed Reed, he still has time to prove himself though.

Winston Justice - I remember being livid when we passed on him for Kiwanuka. I guess the Giants knew what they were doing after all.

Comment

Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
                              Bobby Carpenter - loved him coming out and thought he'd make a great SAM linebacker in either a 4-3 or 3-4.

Alan Branch - thought he'd be a Pat Williams like presence on the inside

Reggie Nelson - thought he'd be Ed Reed, he still has time to prove himself though.

Winston Justice - I remember being livid when we passed on him for Kiwanuka. I guess the Giants knew what they were doing after all.

I remember a monstrous debate between Winston and Cromartie on the Charger boards. For all his faults, I think Cro is still easily the better pick.

Comment

Originally posted by CC.SD View Post
                                I remember a monstrous debate between Winston and Cromartie on the Charger boards. For all his faults, I think Cro is still easily the better pick.
                                I think the Chargers did just fine with Marcus McNeil.

I wanted Cromartie bad. He regressed last year, but I think he still has the potential to be a stud.

I liked DRC better than him coming out (and still do), maybe seeing his cousin outperform him so quickly in the league will get him motivated to work on his craft.

DRC is another guy I wanted bad. But hey, you can't have em all.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information