• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ghettosermon View Post
    This is the most recent trade I am hearing:

#6 pick overall and Shawn Springs and Ladell Betts

for
    Dre Bly Broncos 1st, 2nd, and 3rd rounders.
    Never gonna happen. The Redskins would have too many picks for their own good. Snyder's head would explode before the Redskins ever have a full allotment of picks.

Comment

I got this from kffl.com. I don't know why it's in blue.

Broncos | Team still working on deal with Washington
      Wed, 7 Mar 2007 12:41:49 -0800
      Jason La Canfora, of the Washington Post, reports the Washington Redskins and Denver Broncos are actively trying to work out a deal, with the Broncos seeking the No. 6 pick in the 2007 NFL Draft and the Redskins looking to acquire CB Dre' Bly. The Broncos tried to offer LB Al Wilson and a package of draft picks for the Redskins' high draft pick, but the deal fell through when the Redskins opted to sign LB London Fletcher-Baker instead of trading for Wilson. Also, the Redskins have offered CB Shawn Springs in a deal for Bly, but the Broncos are not willing to give the Redskins cap relief for the $7.5 million charge they would receive by trading Springs. With both teams still coveting their targets, and with Bly still reportedly looking to play in Washington, it is still possible for some kind of swap involving Bly and the Redskins' first-round pick to happen before the draft.

Comment

Originally posted by njx9
        i would have murdered shanahan if he'd traded away wilson. that's the stupidest trade i've ever heard our team legitimately discuss. i'm angry at the organization just for letting it get published.
        Don't listen to that article. I don't know how the Washington Post gets away with printed half the BS they do.

Comment

Originally posted by Jughead10 View Post
          Don't listen to that article. I don't know how the Washington Post gets away with printed half the BS they do.
          How dare you insult Wilbon and Kornheiser.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
          http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
          Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
          http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966

Comment

Originally posted by Ghettosermon View Post
            This is the most recent trade I am hearing:

#6 pick overall and Shawn Springs and Ladell Betts

for
            Dre Bly Broncos 1st, 2nd, and 3rd rounders.
            Who told you this and would it be both 3rd rounders.

Comment

What if they packaged smoot and the 6th... That could work, even though smoot wouldn't be exactly the corner they'd want.

Comment

Originally posted by goblue8888 View Post
                Who told you this and would it be both 3rd rounders.
                One of old college roomates works for comcast sportsnet as a research analyst and sends me e-mails when he recieves possible stories, this is one I heard reported. And it would be our 3rd rounder we would get not yours.

Comment

As much as I jest, voicing my dislike for the Redskins' typical strategy, if they could do this I would actually like it. Accumulating picks is a sharp contrast to their usual modus operandi.
                  Last edited by Shiver; 03-07-2007, 05:08 PM.

Comment

odd ... where did LaCanfora mention that Al Wilson was involved? I've gone through his recent blogs and I didn't see it on a cursory glance.

And Jughead, I think LaCanfora is one of the better beat writers out there. A lot of things can be said about the Post (although personally, I think it's one of the best papers nationally, but different people, different strokes), but in regards to their Redskins beat writers, they've had some good ones in recent years, with Nunyo Demasio (now with SI I think) and now LaCanfora.

Comment

Didnt they just re-sign Fred Smoot?

Smoot, Rogers, and Springs is no CB corps that deems a trade involving the #6 overall selection.

Comment

Originally posted by THIZZorDIE View Post
                        Didnt they just re-sign Fred Smoot?

Smoot, Rogers, and Springs is no CB corps that deems a trade involving the #6 overall selection.
                        Well Springs is likely to be cut for Cap reasons and Beyond Smoot and Rogers there is no one, and Smoot should be playing Nickel.

Comment

Everything that I have read on ESPN insider and other Network sites has the possible trade rumored to be this:

Denver gives #21, #56 and Dre Bly
                          Washington gives #6 and Ladell Betts

The stalling point ot the deal is Washington wants the Broncos 2nd round pick not a third. Denver countered back with they will include #56 but Washington must add in Ladell Betts.

Both sides seem pretty serious about getting a deal done so I would not be surprised to see something go through within the next couple days.

Personally I really dont see the need for Denver to get anxious about trading, the have the leverage, IMO. Washington is the one who wants Bly and will probably pay for it. IMO Denver should keep Bly and the picks. It would be a good deal for Washington if they can then move Shaun Springs for a day 1 pick., maybe 3rd round but I think his value is more a 4th.

Comment

Basicly, the way i see it, were getting the #6 pick for our first and second, which isnt bad.

Ladell Betts for Dre Bly in itself? Meh, Maybe the Skins would get teh better deal there, but Bly wants out. so w/e

Comment

Wow that would be a great steal for the Skins IMO especially if you can toss Springs in there, not sure why Denver wants a RB so bad after getting Henry and having the ability to draft any RB and do well, but I heard the Broncos front office are in love with Betts for some reason.

Comment

I know Ghettosermon isn't big on Ladell Betts, but Betts for Dre Bly, IMO, favors the Broncos. Betts is a young back without much treads on him, a guy who moves better than some Redskins fans give credit to, while also having the power to run over people. Now, without taking it too far, I am in no way saying Betts is a top level back, but he can be a very good back. Heck, I like him better than Travis Henry personally. Bly is a nice solid corner, but every visual indication seemed to be that Bly lost a little last year, and another year isn't going to help things.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information