Bly to washington...Rumor

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bly to washington...Rumor

The Washington Post's Redskins blog believes a Dre Bly deal to Washington is still in play, and it could involve the team's No. 6 overall pick.
    Denver has destroyed Washington in a few previous trades. In this scenario, Denver would send Bly, their first-round pick, a mid-round pick and change for the No. 6 overall pick. Shawn Springs would then be moved from Washington. It appears the two sides continue to talk.

http://rotoworld.com/content/Home_NFL.aspx

very interesting... i'm guessing this would be to get adams or anderson

credit to cardsalltheway

Comment

The annual Broncos 'rape and pillage' of the Redskins' front office, not too surprising.

Comment

Denver with a top 10 pick?...no thank you.

Comment

If the Skins give up the #6 pick for a mediocre #2 CB, I'd be shocked.

Ok fine, I wouldn't be,
          Originally posted by Paul
          Eli's opportunity to become a legend.
          Originally posted by Vikes99ej
          These last 50 seconds will define Eli Manning.
          MISSION ACCOMPLISHED

Comment

Originally posted by Shiver View Post
            The annual Broncos 'rape and pillage' of the Redskins' front office, not too surprising.

Spek

Comment

If the Redskins could get that deal, they need to pull the trigger ASAP. Why?

Value wise, it's okay. I liked Shawn Springs ... in his prime. I'm not a big fan of Dre Bly. But Bly has better value than Springs right now. The difference between the 6 and 21 picks is around 800 points, and depending on the midround pick, the value is fine.

But the main reason is, there's been indications that Springs isn't going to rework. Bly gives them a better player, and coupled with the Smoot signing, gives them some secondary depth that they lacked last year. I didn't like the Fletcher-Baker signing, but the one thing it did do was to provide depth, as Rocky McIntosh likely waits another year to become a starter. That gives them depth at 2 key areas where it was somewhat lacking last year at times (CB moreso than LB).

The midround pick would summarily give them the chance to add a solid guard talent, and the first rounder could still be used on DL talent.

Comment

Originally posted by BehrenMan007 View Post
                very interesting... i'm guessing this would be to get adams or anderson
                I don't see Adams being there at 6. If the Broncos want to roll the dice on Anderson at 6 ...

Comment

The Redskins are ******** if they go through with this

"O-H-I-O...its a four letter word."
                  Mike Tirico

Magilla Gorilla ain'ta killa, ...

Roger Goodell's Beautify the NFL Campaign-No Violence-No Criminals-No Fun

"(Ole Miss QB) Bo Wallace is one of those types of quarterbacks who is always trying to save the city but he's actually burning it down." -- NFC director of scouting

Comment

Originally posted by Number 10 View Post
                    If the Skins give up the #6 pick for a mediocre #2 CB, I'd be shocked.

Ok fine, I wouldn't be,
                    they would give up their 1.21, maybe 3.86 and Dre Bly to the Skins for 1.6. That gives the Skin immediate help at Cb along with another draft pick since they only have 1.6 a 5,6,7th round draft pick.

denver still has a 2,3,5,6,7 after that trade but that trade would allow them to get Jamaal Anderson, maybe Gaines Adams or reach for Carriker. Then line them up for a DT later. or grab Branch or Okoye then grab a DE later like: Crowder, Woodley, Moses or Atkins maybe even Abimari or C Johnson.
                    my scent?...like making love to a lumberjack
                    <TACKLE> i will ngata give you a bj raji
                    <+BOE> Scott, with Burfict's character concerns (whether legit or not) you think Pioli would draft him. :D
                    <+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
                    Originally posted by Hermstheman83
                    What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.

Comment

Whatever makes Gaines Adams still there for us at 7 makes me happy.

http://minnesotasportstwentyfourseven.blogspot.com/

Comment

I'm reading the Jason LaCanfora blog on the situation (very solid beat writer, replaced another good one in Nunyo Demasio).

http://blog.washingtonpost.com/redsk...l?nav=rss_blog

The trade that LaCanfora speculates on is

"So, I still think there is a very good chance we see Bly come to DC, along with Denver's first-round pick, and second- and/or third-round pick, plus maybe a conditional late round pick, in exchange for the 6th overall pick."

which is a heck of a deal for Washington. He comments that Springs would later be dealt to Detroit, Arizona, Baltimore, with Washington hoping for Okoye at 21 (I doubt he's there unless I've gotten a tremendously horrid read on everything, which is possible since I haven't been as in tune this year, but I still doubt it). He closes with the intriguing comment of

"And trust me, I am not going to put everything I know out there right now, but the Skins could make this happen cap-wise, with little problem."

He seems fairly certain that there's a high probability a deal between the two sides will go down. I will say this - if the deal is as he's speculated, the Redskins need to pull the trigger ASAP ... even if it's the 3rd and not the 2nd. And if the Skins could subsequently pull another deal off for Springs, that'd be a heck of a offseason when things were supposed to quiet. For a change, these would be somewhat smart moves for the Skins, which may go in line with the rumors that the personnel power in the FO has somewhat shifted itself.

Comment

Um, it's not a deal I suggested. It's what LaCanfora wrote in his blog.

And for all the bashing of the Bailey deal at the time, I still believe it was a solid value deal for the Redskins (people always forget to factor in future value in the equation).

Comment

True toonster, Portis at that time was on the same or greater level at the time as Bailey . esp in the future.
                            my scent?...like making love to a lumberjack
                            <TACKLE> i will ngata give you a bj raji
                            <+BOE> Scott, with Burfict's character concerns (whether legit or not) you think Pioli would draft him. :D
                            <+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
                            Originally posted by Hermstheman83
                            What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.

Comment

very interesting. This FA period is becoming more in interesting everyday.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information