Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Best and worst trades your team ever made?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Malaka View Post
    That was an epic failure of a trade. Mike Ditka was really stupid for that even though Ricky Williams was a hell of a player when he was on the Saints.
    yea and the redskins fail even more for not turning into a dynasty with those picks

Comment

Originally posted by *** Ork Wang View Post
      yea and the redskins fail even more for not turning into a dynasty with those picks
      Once you think about it... the Saints ended up winning that trade in the end anyway lol.

Bone Krusher, the best

Comment

Originally posted by Malaka View Post
        That was an epic failure of a trade. Mike Ditka was really stupid for that even though Ricky Williams was a hell of a player when he was on the Saints.
        he wasn't even that good on the saints. that's why we drafted deuce and traded him.

that trade was probably the best. RW for two 1st rounders.

then we **** it up again trade both to draft Jon Sullivan....

Comment

Originally posted by *** Ork Wang View Post
          They used to picks to trade up with the Bears for Champ Baily. Chicago took Cade McNown.

They then traded up with the Bears again with the remaining picks they had and took Jon Jansen in the second.

Comment

Didn't they get Arrington from that deal aswell?

Comment

Bears best: Obviously Cutler
              Worst: I dont know much about Bears prior to 2000, but i looked up the Mierer trade with the seahawks...pretty bad. Worst in recent memory is trading Chris Harris to the Panthers for a 5th round pick. Not only is he a quality saftey, but we have had no one else at saftey since then.

Originally posted by BeansDooma
              who retires first: brett favre or aaron rodgers?

Comment

Originally posted by GB12 View Post
                Best for the Packers would be trading for Brett Favre. It cost a first round pick, but for 16 years of a hall of fame QB that's a damn good deal.

I'm drawing a blank on bad trades. I know we've got some, but I can't think of any at the moment.
                I have got a good trade for Green Bay

Packers trading CB Fred Vinson and a 6th round pick to Seattle for RB Ahman Green and a 5th round pick.

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain

Comment

Originally posted by GB12 View Post
                  Best for the Packers would be trading for Brett Favre. It cost a first round pick, but for 16 years of a hall of fame QB that's a damn good deal.

I'm drawing a blank on bad trades. I know we've got some, but I can't think of any at the moment.
                  Trading our 17th overall pick and Matt Hasselbeck to the Seahawks for their 10th overall pick, which we used to select Jamal "too small" Reynolds. We passed up Dan Morgan, Marcus Stroud, and the Seahawks selected Steve Hutchinson with our original pick.

We got Al Harris from the Eagles for a 2nd round pick and Ryan Grant from the Giants for a 6th round pick.

We traded Javon Walker for a 2nd round pick, which used to draft Daryn Colledge.

We traded Mike McKenzie for J.T. O'Sullivan and a 2nd round pick, which we used to select Nick Collins.

Comment

Originally posted by Lions WMD View Post
                    Best - Roy Williams/7th Rounder to the Cowboys for a 1st/3rd/6th

Worst - The only one that sticks out to me is Dre Bly to the Broncos for Tatum Bell and George Foster.

Agree with the best. Roy trade down one spot instead of Killen Winslow netting us an extra 1st somehow. Forget how it went down. We used the 1st on Kevin Jones, which didn't work out either, but thats because of Millen and Kevin Jones just not taking that next step. Millen could move around he just couldn't pick anyone worth anything. Although Kevin Jones did have some potential but then the injuries hit twice and Martz didn't utlize him properly/enough in his prime.

Bly traded didn't work out for anybody. Bly regressed severely once he went to Denver. Of course playing with Champ, you're going to get picked on so maybe being a "number 1" in Detroit masked Blys inabilities. Or he just got older and regressed.

Worst Lions trade was Shaun Rogers for Leigh Bodden(for 1 year in wrong scheme) and 3rd rounder Andre Fluellen(who does have potential but is lightyears to even be a Corey Redding and being a Rogers is out of the question). Biggest reason we went 0-16 was that Rogerless Dline(rendereing Redding/Lenon useless) coupled with those LBs/FS last year. Shaun was hiding a lot of lack of talent with his double teams and interior pass rush. Plus Rogers went to the Probowl in 2008 and 2007 was his best year as a Lion yet we trade him. Some of thats on Shaun for just being a lazy person, being overweight and wanting another big contract. Change of scenery helped Shaun but we still really really needed him. I'm hoping McCoy or Suh to Detroit in 2010 and that stop gap of Grady and very solid LBs/best safety in draft class will help.

Comment

Originally posted by cvv84 View Post
                      Trading our 17th overall pick and Matt Hasselbeck to the Seahawks for their 10th overall pick, which we used to select Jamal "too small" Reynolds. We passed up Dan Morgan, Marcus Stroud, and the Seahawks selected Steve Hutchinson with our original pick.
                      That was not at all a bad trade. That was a very good trade. We moved up seven spots in the first and got a third rounder for a QB that would have never played for us. The fact that they got Steve Hutchinson is irrelevant.

Again, why do people keeping bringing up the players who were drafted with the picks? That has nothing to do with a trade being good or bad. Unless it was a draft day trade made to draft a certain player that information is meaningless in this. If the 49ers trade a 5th for Lee Evans, but with that 5th rounder the Bills draft a QB who turns out to be the best QB in NFL history, that doesn't make it a bad trade for San Francisco.

Comment

Why Is This Now Pro Football And Where Did It All Go :|

Comment

Originally posted by Vox Populi View Post
                          Why Is This Now Pro Football And Where Did It All Go :|
                          IDK. Apparently someone thinks that the UFL is gonna last. Either that or that the CFL conversation on this site is gonna catch fire....
                          Credit to BoneKrusher for the Sig
                          RIP themaninblack

Comment

Originally posted by Lions WMD
                            Best - Roy Williams/7th Rounder to the Cowboys for a 1st/3rd/6th

Worst - The only one that sticks out to me is Dre Bly to the Broncos for Tatum Bell and George Foster.
                            Originally posted by Maybe Next Year Millen2
                            Agree with the best... etc. etc.

Bly traded didn't work out for anybody. Bly regressed severely once he went to Denver. Of course playing with Champ, you're going to get picked on so maybe being a "number 1" in Detroit masked Blys inabilities. Or he just got older and regressed.

Worst Lions trade was Shaun Rogers for Leigh Bodden(for 1 year in wrong scheme) and 3rd rounder Andre Fluellen... etc. etc.
                            OK guys, I will forgive you if you're both under 28 but it shouldn't be too long ago for you to remember this: trading the #8 pick in the 1993 draft to the Saints for Pat Swilling who didn't want to be here, didn't fit our system, played like garbage and was gone in 2 years. The Saints meanwhile landed 11-time Pro Bowler Willie Roaf.

Comment

Originally posted by The Unseen View Post
                              Best: 1st round pick from Robb Johnson, which was used to get Fred Taylor.

Worst: hmm...dunno if there's been any bad trades in Jaguars history. Bad FA moves, yes, but I can't think of anything.
                              Worst for Jacksonville?

a 3rd and 5th for Marcus Stroud?

Comment

Originally posted by Calvin & Kevin View Post
                                OK guys, I will forgive you if you're both under 28 but it shouldn't be too long ago for you to remember this: trading the #8 pick in the 1993 draft to the Saints for Pat Swilling who didn't want to be here, didn't fit our system, played like garbage and was gone in 2 years. The Saints meanwhile landed 11-time Pro Bowler Willie Roaf.
                                Yeah I'm only 26 and only watched the Lions some in the early 90s. Probably around 97 and 98 got super fanatical. We wouldn't have taken Roaf with Lomas but that still is a very bad trade. DE failure for the number 8 pick is very bad. I do remember watching Swilling stink though.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information