Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Best and worst trades your team ever made?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For the Chiefs:

Best: Probably trading up for Tony Gonzalez. I can't think of a better move than that.

Worst: Definitely trading up to get Ryan Sims. So horrible. We could have had Dwight Freeney!

Originally posted by fenikz
    His soft D really turns me off
    ** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **

Comment

Originally posted by GB12 View Post
      That was not at all a bad trade. That was a very good trade. We moved up seven spots in the first and got a third rounder for a QB that would have never played for us. The fact that they got Steve Hutchinson is irrelevant.

Again, why do people keeping bringing up the players who were drafted with the picks? That has nothing to do with a trade being good or bad. Unless it was a draft day trade made to draft a certain player that information is meaningless in this. If the 49ers trade a 5th for Lee Evans, but with that 5th rounder the Bills draft a QB who turns out to be the best QB in NFL history, that doesn't make it a bad trade for San Francisco.

In theory it was a good trade, but the selection and subsquent selection of Reynolds make it a bad one.

If that 5th rounder pick turns out to become a HOFer then you're talking about a player that was taken from a pick, which the exact correlation to you saying that it has nothing to do with a trade being good or bad.

Obviously you need year(s) to evaluate a trade. Hence you are evaluating the player that was received against what was given up. When you're giving up draft picks you are in essence giving up players so like it or not you have to throw them into the equasion.

Comment

Originally posted by cvv84 View Post
        In theory it was a good trade, but the selection and subsquent selection of Reynolds make it a bad one.
        That's poor drafting. They are two separate things. A trade isn't bad because the player picked with the draft choice was a bust. That was a good trade with bad drafting, not a bad trade.

Comment

Originally posted by bearfan View Post
          Bears best: Obviously Cutler
          How so? What the heck has Cutler done for the Bears thus far?

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
          they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
          Hint:Not the Bears.

Comment

Originally posted by BufFan71 View Post
            Worst for Jacksonville?

a 3rd and 5th for Marcus Stroud?
            Well perhaps, but it wasn't an awful trade. I think that's what the thread is driving at.

by BoneKrusher
            <DG> how metal unseen
            <TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that

Comment

Originally posted by GB12 View Post
              That's poor drafting. They are two separate things. A trade isn't bad because the player picked with the draft choice was a bust. That was a good trade with bad drafting, not a bad trade.
              You have to evaluate all the players that you get/trade away in a deal. Draft picks included.

Comment

Worst: Any decision Seifert Made, it seems like he tried to trade away anyone good we had for ancient do nothings.

Best: Probably the trade for Chris Harris, it cost us a fifth rounder (which we recouped later) and gave us a decent safety who went on to lead the NFL in forced fumbles that same year and changed the tone of the defense in the secondary which was really lacking in swagger and feeling without minter.

Comment

You have to evaluate all the players that you get/trade away in a deal. Draft picks included.
                  Not if those picks haven't happened yet. That makes no sense.

Comment

Originally posted by Manic Depressant View Post
                    Not if those picks haven't happened yet. That makes no sense.
                    You can say the same about the people being traded for, they haven't sucked for their new teams yet when they are acquired, just like a draft pick hasn't happened yet.

The argument goes both ways, but more favourably in GB12's direction.

Comment

No, that's ridiculous. If it was trading the rights to a player drafted like what happens in the NBA sometimes that would make some sense, but 99% of NFL trades don't work like that. It doesn't make any sense at all to include the players drafted to grade a trade. There is no way of knowing that the team that traded the pick would have taken the same player.

Go back to the trade you brought up. The Hasselbeck trade was very good for the Packers. The fact that Jamal Reynolds busted and Hutchinson is a pro bowler has nothing to do with it. You can't just assume that we would have taken Hutchinson had that trade not happend. In fact the chances of that happening would have been basically zero since we had Rivera and Wahle at the time. The trade wasn't Hasselbeck and Hutchinson for Jamal Reynolds and Torrence Marshall. It was Hasselbeck and 17, for 10 and a third, and that's the way it should be graded.

Comment

Originally posted by TitleTown088 View Post
                        Become the best QB in franchise history?

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Hero View Post
                          Become the best QB in franchise history?
                          This is true, he hasnt done anything but bring us a name. Hopefully he will pan out, and if he does its the best trade we have made.

Originally posted by BeansDooma
                          who retires first: brett favre or aaron rodgers?

Comment

Originally posted by TitleTown088 View Post
                            Yep...I'm sure that falcons fans in the 90's thought that trading 2 firsts for Jeff George was the smartest thing they ever did. Oops.

Honestly, the trade needs 3 years before both sides can be fairly evaluated. Cutler needs time with his new team before he is too harshly judged and Denver's picks need time to developed before it is considered a failure for them.

Worst Bronco trade: Trading Willie Brown. Yes he was a Bronco at one point. I wasn't alive obviously, but I still know that trade a HOF player is always bad.

Best: Elway obviously

Even: Portis-Bailey

Sig by the sigmaster BoneKrusher. Each one is a masterpiece
                            Originally posted by BaLLiN72
                            i wish NFLDC had something like "wall to wall" where we could see Brodeur and Job's conversations.
                            Originally posted by Job
                            NFLDC would be jizzing itself non-stop.

Comment

I'm surprised nobody's brought up the whole Eli-Rivers trade...soooo I'm just gonna stay away from that one.
                              We ALL bleed scarlet
                              New York Giants Super Bowl 46 Champs
                              UNITED: I actually attend the college I root for
                              Originally posted by PalmerToCJ
                              BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.

Comment

Originally posted by scottyboy View Post
                                I'm surprised nobody's brought up the whole Eli-Rivers trade...soooo I'm just gonna stay away from that one.
                                wasnt bad for either one

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information