Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Best and worst trades your team ever made?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by the decider13 View Post
    Yep...I'm sure that falcons fans in the 90's thought that trading 2 firsts for Jeff George was the smartest thing they ever did. Oops.

Honestly, the trade needs 3 years before both sides can be fairly evaluated. Cutler needs time with his new team before he is too harshly judged and Denver's picks need time to developed before it is considered a failure for them.

Worst Bronco trade: Trading Willie Brown. Yes he was a Bronco at one point. I wasn't alive obviously, but I still know that trade a HOF player is always bad.

Best: Elway obviously

Even: Portis-Bailey
    Portis + Bailey and a second (Tatum Bell) was about even.

People usually fail to see that Bailey wanted out of Washington regardless that season. He was going to hold out or eventually be cut so the fact that we got some compensation for him was great. We later signed Shawn Springs in the offseason and he played top CB for a good while.

Comment

Originally posted by *** Ork Wang View Post
      yea and the redskins fail even more for not turning into a dynasty with those picks
      Since a dynasty is made with in one draft. Those picks landed us Chris Samuels and LaVar Arrington. Ill redo that draft the same anyday. One of the best LTs in the game still today and Arrington was a beast until he became a headcase. Who could have seen his career ending the way it did?

Best: Probably the Cutler trade
      Could I have the lotto numbers as for tonight as well?

Our best as of recently was either the Portis from Denver for Bailey and a 2nd or Moss from the Jets for Coles. Back in the day was Sonny from the Eagles but im not sure what we gave up on that one.

2011 FA: FS - OJ Atogwe
      2011 Draft Picks: Ryan Kerrigan-OLB-Purdue, Jarvis Jenkins-DE-Clemson, Leonard Hankerson-WR-Miami, Roy Helu-RB-Nebraska, DeJon Gomes-CB/S-Nebraska, Niles Paul-WR-Nebraska, Evan Royster-RB-Penn State, Aldrick Robinson-WR-SMU, Brandyn Thompson-CB-Boise State, Maurice Hurt-OG-Florida, Markus White-OLB-Florida State, Chris Neild-NT-West Virginia

Comment

no matter how Cutler turns out, the move to trade for a 25 year old pro bowl QB is always good :/

Comment

wasnt bad for either one
          i know, but that one sparks lots of heated debate :D
          We ALL bleed scarlet
          New York Giants Super Bowl 46 Champs
          UNITED: I actually attend the college I root for
          Originally posted by PalmerToCJ
          BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Hero View Post
            Become the best QB in franchise history?
            That would still have to be Sid Luckman. If Cutler becomes a hall of famer, then maybe he is the best QB in Bears history.

Thanks to Bone Krusher for the sig

Comment

no matter how Cutler turns out, the move to trade for a 25 year old pro bowl QB is always good :/
              SO if he turns out to be a major bust and never win a game from Chicago its still a good trade because he is 25 and went to one pro bowl? Glad to know you have such low standards!

2011 FA: FS - OJ Atogwe
              2011 Draft Picks: Ryan Kerrigan-OLB-Purdue, Jarvis Jenkins-DE-Clemson, Leonard Hankerson-WR-Miami, Roy Helu-RB-Nebraska, DeJon Gomes-CB/S-Nebraska, Niles Paul-WR-Nebraska, Evan Royster-RB-Penn State, Aldrick Robinson-WR-SMU, Brandyn Thompson-CB-Boise State, Maurice Hurt-OG-Florida, Markus White-OLB-Florida State, Chris Neild-NT-West Virginia

Comment

Originally posted by toddmlazarchick View Post
                SO if he turns out to be a major bust and never win a game from Chicago its still a good trade because he is 25 and went to one pro bowl? Glad to know you have such low standards!
                no, but as of this moment it is the best trade...

Comment

Getting this guy:

for this guy:

Thank you Buffalo. And thank you Chicago for snatching up Curtis Enis before we could pick him.

Comment

no, but as of this moment it is the best trade...
                    I'm not a Bears fan but using the "ended up drafting" hindsight, I've got to say that their best trade was...

1964 NFL Draft 2nd Round + 4th Round Picks in exchange for the Pittsburgh Steelers 1965 1st Round Selection

In hindsight that trade turned out to be...

Jim Kelly - WR - Notre Dame and Ben McGee - DT - Jackson State
                    for
                    Dick Butkus - LB - Illinois

The Bears picked Hall of Famers Dick Butkus and Gale Sayers back-to-back thanks to this trade.

Comment

Originally posted by skinzzfan25 View Post
                      Portis + Bailey and a second (Tatum Bell) was about even.

People usually fail to see that Bailey wanted out of Washington regardless that season. He was going to hold out or eventually be cut so the fact that we got some compensation for him was great. We later signed Shawn Springs in the offseason and he played top CB for a good while.
                      Yeah it was an extremely even trade...one I was a little upset with at the time. I loved portis. To be fair, I was only like 14 haha

If the Broncos had used that pick on Bob Sanders instead, this would be a different conversation.

Sig by the sigmaster BoneKrusher. Each one is a masterpiece
                      Originally posted by BaLLiN72
                      i wish NFLDC had something like "wall to wall" where we could see Brodeur and Job's conversations.
                      Originally posted by Job
                      NFLDC would be jizzing itself non-stop.

Comment

Elway

Best Bronco trade: Elway, duh.

Worst Bronco trade: Trading their 1980 #1, #2, and QB Craig Penrose to the Jets for QB Matt Robinson. Awful. QB Craig Morton wasn't the problem. He needed a better O-line and running game. If they would have taken OT Kent Hill out of Georgia Tech in 1979 instead of Kelvin Clark, and if they would have used those picks that they gave up for Robinson on RB Joe Cribbs and OT/OG Irv Pankey, they would have done a lot more to improve the team than one stiff QB could have done.

Comment

Originally posted by yourfavestoner View Post
                          Getting this guy:

for this guy:

Thank you Buffalo. And thank you Chicago for snatching up Curtis Enis before we could pick him.
                          I love this picture so much.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Hero View Post
                            Become the best QB in franchise history?
                            Sid Luckman > Jay Cutler. And that's not even close.
                            **** her in da *****!

Comment

Best - Roy Williams/7th Rounder to the Cowboys for a 1st/3rd/6th

Worst - Trading Bobby Lane
                              Stafford Sig by touchdownrams the rest of the sig by Sig Master Bone Krusher Avy by King of all avys renji

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Originally posted by njx9
                              oh please. as if canadians even know what beer is.

Comment

Originally posted by AntoinCD View Post
                                Up there for the Patriots has to be Randy Moss for a 4th round pick and a 1st round pick for Deion Branch. Oh and Bill Belichick for a 1st round pick as well.

Not really sure about worst trades although trading up for Chad Jackson when Greg Jennings was still on the board kinda hurts
                                I agree with this, but the Wes Welker and Richard Seymour trades are right up there. A second rounder for Welker and a first rounder for a 30-year old injury prone DE (who, however, is an All-Pro and potential HoF candidate imo). I can't really think of any trade that's not draft related where I was like "ZOMG, WTF?!? Fire BB, now we'll never win again!" but when we passed on Sergio Kindle on multiple occasion in the first round I was almost at that point. That was, of course, before anybody knew about his knee..

Originally posted by ElectricEye
                                I'm a whiny little kunt. Feel sorry for me as I go masturbate to a picture of my mom dressed as a teletubby.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information