Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Best and worst trades your team ever made?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Joey Galloway trade cost alot more, and hurt alot more, but at least he tore his ACL which screwed up his performance with us.

This picture though, started to get really really old :(

That being said, it's even crazier to read about the Herschel Walker trade. Who trades 1st and 2nd rd picks in 3 years in a row, PLUS established players, for one player? I mean even if you did that for Peyton Manning right now, unless you had alot of players locked up stuff like that can cripple your franchise no matter who you get.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
    I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

• Originally posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
      Joey Galloway trade cost alot more, and hurt alot more, but at least he tore his ACL which screwed up his performance with us.

This picture though, started to get really really old :(

That being said, it's even crazier to read about the Herschel Walker trade. Who trades 1st and 2nd rd picks in 3 years in a row, PLUS established players, for one player? I mean even if you did that for Peyton Manning right now, unless you had alot of players locked up stuff like that can cripple your franchise no matter who you get.
      Well in football, no one player can make a team, like Lebron James can in the NBA. Thank goodness. Even Peyton Manning couldn't achieve the stardom that James has, because he can't do it by himself...even if it was Manning in his prime. I think the Walker trade has all taught us that you really do need a complete team to go far season in and season out.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
      -San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
      Originally posted by Borat
      Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ness View Post
        Well in football, no one player can make a team, like Lebron James can in the NBA. Thank goodness. Even Peyton Manning couldn't achieve the stardom that James has, because he can't do it by himself...even if it was Manning in his prime. I think the Walker trade has all taught us that you really do need a complete team to go far season in and season out.

Exactly, because it might be crazy to some, but if the cost to get Peyton was a 1st and a 2nd for 3 years straight I'd say hell no. I can't believe they were that in love that they really wanted to give up picks 3 years in advance, I didn't even know you were able to do stuff like that.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
        I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

• I always knew that the Walker trade was horrible for the Vikings and great for the Cowboys but damn, I didnt know how horrible and how great until reading the post that details the trade. Forget all the other players involved and you basically have three 1st and 2nd rounders plus two 3rd rounders for Walker. Ouch. Thats ******* insane. I wouldnt give up two 1st rounders for Manning let alone all that.

As a 49ers fan, two first rounders for Stokes??? WOW!!! That was easily tied for worst trade and im sorry but Stokes sucked. Owens to Philly for Whiting and a 2005 draft pick (cant remember what round) was pretty much the end of the start of the rebuilding process that we'll hopefully get out of this season.

And shouldnt the best trade be trading up for Jerry Rice?

Comment

• Originally posted by dan77733 View Post
            And shouldnt the best trade be trading up for Jerry Rice?
            Yes. Probably the best trade ever.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
            -San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
            Originally posted by Borat
            Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.

Comment

• For Dallas, the 16 total players + draft picks over 2 yrs. for 1 player, Herschel Walker, from the Vikings.

It took the Cowboys from 1-15 to 3 SB rings in 4 yrs. And it drove a stake into the Vikings' heart, only the death of Corey Stringer in training camp & its subsequent lawsuits was worse than the Walker trade in Vikes history.

Worst trade in Dallas history was the Jerry Jones bromance with Joey Galloway who had 2 bad knees, they gave up 2 no. 1s for him & it hurt .... a lot. The silver lining was that Jerry didnt make any more stupid costly trades, they continued the Dallas tradition of more draft day trades than any other team but at the end of the day most of them in the last decade or so have worked out the Cowboys' way.

When the 9ers traded up for Jerry Rice, Bill Walsh was rolling the dice on an unknown player & it paid off bigtime. Luck is always a big factor in draft trades after all.
              Last edited by LizardState; 07-14-2010, 01:30 PM.

Comment

• For Houston it was probably trading our 2nd, 3rd, 4th, and 5th round pick for Jason Babin.

Comment

Working...
                X

Debug Information