• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Donte Stallworth Gets 30 Days

didn't see it posted yet.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4262751

discuss.

And people say Vick didn't get locked up long enough...

American justice system = joke.

Comment

Originally posted by Manic Depressant View Post
      And people say Vick didn't get locked up long enough...

American justice system = joke.
      i agree. if Stallworth doesn't get an equal punishment by Goodell, then in my eyes, Goodell's judgement on punishment is moreso based on media attention the crime gets opposed to the actual severity of the crime.

As for the justice system's punishment.....i strongly disagree with their agreement.

Comment

it just proves, money can buy freedom

Go Celtics
        Go Irish
        Go Ravens

Comment

Originally posted by lordquas View Post
          it just proves, money can buy freedom
          No, it doesn't at all. This is a terrible argument. DUI cases like this frequently get a slap on the wrist. If anything, celebrity hurts these guys because it's in the media more and a light sentence provokes a response from the public whereas nobody even hears about most DUI cases.

Comment

To say the American Justice system is a joke as a Canadian is moronic. [I am a Canadian] We are no one to say anything negative about the American justice system, when ours is a revolving door of criminals.
            Breed's QB Philosophy:
            Originally posted by Breed
            At the end of the day...

Mobility > Accuracy

Comment

Originally posted by BradysKnee View Post
              To say the American Justice system is a joke as a Canadian is moronic. [I am a Canadian] We are no one to say anything negative about the American justice system, when ours is a revolving door of criminals.
              this argument is dumb. Just because your legal system is bad means you cant judge other systems? doesnt make sense to me. its not like he is responsible for it

Comment

Originally posted by BradysKnee View Post
                The Canadian Legal system is so much better than the States. The Canadian legal system doesnt go on witch hunts ie. the Conrad Black Trials in the states.

Comment

30 days to go along with:

Stallworth must also undergo drug and alcohol testing, will have a lifetime driver's license suspension and must perform 1,000 hours of community service. Lyons said after five years, Stallworth could win approval for limited driving for reasons such as employment.
                  I've also heard that he'll be under house arrest for 2 years and will be on probation for 8 years so saying "30 days in jail" is a little misleading.

Comment

A lifetime drivers license suspension is hard.

Comment

Originally posted by *** Ork Wang View Post
                      A lifetime drivers license suspension is hard.
                      Not as hard as you think, especially with the money he has. He can hire a personal chauffer. I think he's getting off easy in terms of jail time but it's not like he has all of his freedom when he gets out either.

Comment

Originally posted by tjsunstein View Post
                        Not as hard as you think, especially with the money he has. He can hire a personal chauffer. I think he's getting off easy in terms of jail time but it's not like he has all of his freedom when he gets out either.
                        im taking a look from the perspective of a normal person. sure he could afford one, its still a harsh punishment. imagine you couldnt be able to drive anymore. Especially in the states that is a pretty bad punishment. obviously not enough to say: yea thats fine for killing someone. but still pretty hard

Comment

I'm not sure people are getting all the details here, and may just be looking at the 30 days. There is considerably more that went into this than just the 30 days. There was a high level of agreement between Stallworth, the legal system, and the family of victim. The role the family took in this plays a huge part in the decision.

Comparing this to Vick is something that will be done, but there are a very high number of differences between these two specific situations that makes that very difficult and that people will not be able to fairly compare them (if that is even possible).

This isn't a USA legal system vs Canadian legal system debate....both leave something to be desired in many situations.

Courtesy of Fenikz - Much Appreciated

Originally posted by dRaFtDoRk
                          You can't be a good corner if no one throws your way. Thats my way of seeing it.

Comment

Originally posted by *** Ork Wang View Post
                            Especially in the states that is a pretty bad punishment.
                            not really. in the majority of major cities, there is a public transportation system.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

This just reminds me of "Big Ern" at the end of the movie Kingpin. After he wins a million dollar bowling event, he's celebrating and yells, "Finally, I am above the law".

The Brian Sabean sig is no more. I disagreed with you on so many levels. And then you went out and built a dynasty. I am lame.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information