Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Favre reaches contractual agreement with Minnesota

http://wcco.com/vikings/brett.favre....2.1057007.html

Barring some unforeseen major physical setback, Brett Favre will be at training camp in Mankato when they open up the end of July, a source has told WCCO's Mark Rosen.

That source said that Favre and the Vikings have indeed come to a contractual agreement, with heavy incentives. The Vikings equipment manager has already ordered number 4 purple jerseys with his name on it.
    Ruins my good news from the Jennings extension.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
    they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
    Hint:Not the Bears.

The Vikings equipment manager has already ordered number 4 purple jerseys with his name on it.
    So he's only going to play in home games?

Comment

Originally posted by GB12 View Post
      So he's only going to play in home games?
      His arm might fall off if he has to play outdoors in the cold again, probably...

In slightly unrelated news, isn't the HHH metrodome gonna be used only by the Vikings next year (actually in two years considering the baseball and football seasons over lap)? Twins are getting their new stadium in 2010, and aren't the Gophers building a new stadium?

^Thanks to Eaglez.Fan for the sweet sig!

Comment

**** the Golden GAYles

Originally posted by Scott Wright
        Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
        Originally posted by njx9
        do i tell you when to flip the burger?

Comment

Originally posted by Smokey Joe View Post
          His arm might fall off if he has to play outdoors in the cold again, probably...

In slightly unrelated news, isn't the HHH metrodome gonna be used only by the Vikings next year (actually in two years considering the baseball and football seasons over lap)? Twins are getting their new stadium in 2010, and aren't the Gophers building a new stadium?
          Yes burly bear.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
          they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
          Hint:Not the Bears.

Comment

He is never going to go away. Poor Packer fans.

Comment

God damn Brett Favre... I wouldn't have a freaking problem with him if he just made up his mind, if he wanted to play and the Packers didn't want him... fine go to a new team, but seriously he has gotten on my last nerve, make up your damn mind.

Bone Krusher, the best

Comment

Originally posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
                He is never going to go away. Poor Packer fans.
                Poor Packers fans? Why would we care what he does? I'd much rather have Rodgers at this point in Favre's career and honestly I think Favre will be more of a hindrance to the Vikings than help. They're still going to be the same team that runs the ball and stops the run. They still have a weak pass defense and now they added a QB that threw more INTs last year than the all the Vikings QBs. In fact that would be the last 2 years that he's done that. The only thing thats going to suck is the overblown overhyped coverage that ESPN is going to spit out twice a year.
                Last edited by cvv84; 06-23-2009, 10:44 PM.

Comment

I do agree that the worst part of this (i hope) will be the over analysis/coverage of Lord Favre. Tiger Woods will be playing in a PGA tournament here in MN at the end of July, but there will be no local coverage because they will all be in Mankato.

I can't help but laugh at all of the "sour grapes" comments from Packer fans on this board and the ones that i know in the "real world".

For the record... i was/am on the Packers' side of the the debacle of last year. The hemming & hawing/Favre's dire need for attention is the one thing that i have always hated about him.

p.s. My wife wanted me to add that she is in complete agreement with all that i have said....
                  Originally posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
                  Thanks jerks, I have an exam tomorrow and reading this lowered my IQ by 14 points. Dicks.

Comment

Peyton Manning has got to be pissed...he's never going to be able to gain any ground on his records. Manning might retire before Favre at this rate!

sig by BoneKrusher

PACKERS BADGERS BREWERS BUCKS

Comment

I hope Sage "The Helicopter" Rosenfels beats him in TC.

Comment

I sort of wish John David Booty will refuse to give up #4.

Well if this is true I guess its the best move for the Organization.

Vikings | Yankees | Magic | Sabres | Chelsea FC | Alabama | St. Bonaventure

Comment

Originally posted by The Dynasty View Post
                          I sort of wish John David Booty will refuse to give up #4.

Well if this is true I guess its the best move for the Organization.
                          I would just charge Favre a crazy amount of money. Sure he can have number 4...for $400,000. Seems fair.

Sig by the sigmaster BoneKrusher. Each one is a masterpiece
                          Originally posted by BaLLiN72
                          i wish NFLDC had something like "wall to wall" where we could see Brodeur and Job's conversations.
                          Originally posted by Job
                          NFLDC would be jizzing itself non-stop.

Comment

Originally posted by the decider13 View Post
                            I would just charge Favre a crazy amount of money. Sure he can have number 4...for $400,000. Seems fair.
                            NO....give me your salary for this year. Now thats fair. He doesn't even need the money. After that lawn mower commercial he did.

Comment

John David Booty won't be with the Vikings much longer, so it shouldn't matter.

^Thanks to Eaglez.Fan for the sweet sig!

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information