Favre reaches contractual agreement with Minnesota

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The_Dude View Post
    I do agree that the worst part of this (i hope) will be the over analysis/coverage of Lord Favre. Tiger Woods will be playing in a PGA tournament here in MN at the end of July, but there will be no local coverage because they will all be in Mankato.

I can't help but laugh at all of the "sour grapes" comments from Packer fans on this board and the ones that i know in the "real world".

For the record... i was/am on the Packers' side of the the debacle of last year. The hemming & hawing/Favre's dire need for attention is the one thing that i have always hated about him.

p.s. My wife wanted me to add that she is in complete agreement with all that i have said....
    Tell her to register and post pics ;)

Originally posted by Scott Wright
    Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
    Originally posted by njx9
    do i tell you when to flip the burger?

Comment

Originally posted by Smokey Joe View Post
      John David Booty won't be with the Vikings much longer, so it shouldn't matter.
      I dont know..I sort of expect Sage or TJ to get the pink slip. Tarvaris is a FA next year so it would make sense to cut him but I rather see him on the bench than sage.

Vikings | Yankees | Magic | Sabres | Chelsea FC | Alabama | St. Bonaventure

Comment

Good, the Vikings won't be any better with him. He already burnt all his bridges here anyway. Only pissed off because this means more of ESPNs "Favre Watch" this year and next and maybe next...

Thanks to BK for the sig

Comment

Yessss

Haters gotta hate but I have loved this move for literally years now. Go Favre! Go Minny!

Comment

Who ****** cares. I'm sick of the Brett Favre drama. He'll throw 20 TDs and 20 INTs next year. Who gives a ****.

Comment

Originally posted by Smokey Joe View Post
              John David Booty won't be with the Vikings much longer, so it shouldn't matter.
              What? But but he's the future....

Comment

The NFC North should be happy, as the Vikings are much worse off with Favre at the helm than with T-Jack.
                Just play me, baby

Comment

I tend to disagree and agree, long term they're far worse off than trying to get things to click for Jackson, but if I had to choose one or the other for one game, I'm going to go with Favre.

The way I see it, right now they're both turn over prone, force too many mistakes and will likely lose you a game with their ineptitude, but favre just has that x factor (god I hate that term) which you can't plan for.

Comment

Originally posted by NotRickJames View Post
                    The NFC North should be happy, as the Vikings are much worse off with Favre at the helm than with T-Jack.
                    Now that's hilarious.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
                    they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
                    Hint:Not the Bears.

Comment

Originally posted by NotRickJames View Post
                      You must not watch a whole lot of football, kid. Anyone that thinks that the Vikings were better off with anyone else on the roster playing quarterback should really check themselves. It's one thing to hate on the guy (and believe me, i despise Favre), but he can still play at a somewhat decent level. Sure as hell a lot better than anything the Vikes could throw out there. I'm really seeing big things for Minnesota should Favre stay healthy, and this really is their last shot because the team is getting old really fast.

Comment

Originally posted by cvv84 View Post
                        Poor Packers fans? Why would we care what he does? I'd much rather have Rodgers at this point in Favre's career and honestly I think Favre will be more of a hindrance to the Vikings than help. They're still going to be the same team that runs the ball and stops the run. They still have a weak pass defense and now they added a QB that threw more INTs last year than the all the Vikings QBs. In fact that would be the last 2 years that he's done that. The only thing thats going to suck is the overblown overhyped coverage that ESPN is going to spit out twice a year.
                        Well at this point in time, on paper that is, Favre is a better option than Sage Rosenfels, Tarvaris Jackson, and Gus Frerotte. And Favre will be in a system that he is actually comfortable with.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
                        -San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
                        Originally posted by Borat
                        Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.

Comment

He is a football player which I hate the most. Talk about Tiki Barber going hollywood, damn, Brett's success really has gone to his head. He must have really been offended when the Packers wanted to go in another direction.

" You can't let me go! Do you know who I am? I am Brett Farve! I am a legend! I retire on my own terms!"

Comment

I completely feel how Shockey above me does. I can't stand the guy. Vikings are seriously testing my loyalty.

If Favre doesn't win a superbowl this was an awful signing. That is all that can redeem this, we just signed the biggest dickhead in NFL history...

Props to BK on the sig!

Comment

Originally posted by Ness View Post
                              Well at this point in time, on paper that is, Favre is a better option than Sage Rosenfels, Tarvaris Jackson, and Gus Frerotte. And Favre will be in a system that he is actually comfortable with.
                              I agree Favre is the best option for them but I don't think he's going to be the difference maker for them. The Jets ran a very simular offense to the Packers last year as well.

Comment

Originally posted by wogitalia View Post
                                we just signed the biggest dickhead in NFL history...
                                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hqe2GSKpzro
                                Yeah, there aren't any bigger than that.

You can call Brett Favre a prima donna, diva, or whatever but he really dosen't come off as much of a dickhead.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
                                they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
                                Hint:Not the Bears.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information