Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TitleTown088 View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hqe2GSKpzro
    Yeah, there aren't any bigger than that.

You can call Brett Favre a prima donna, diva, or whatever but he really dosen't come off as much of a dickhead.
    Narcissist is the word that fits best.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

Originally posted by CC.SD View Post
      Through all this I still have to wonder what the hell the Pack owed Aaron Rodgers and why they wouldn't beg and plead Favre to play for them forever. He is a once in a lifetime player and I still contend they pushed him out the door the first time he officially "retired".
      It looks like the right move was made in retrospect.

Originally posted by Brodeur View Post
      Narcissist is the word that fits best.
      Better than the word that fits the Lions QB position over the past decade... Failure. :)

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
      they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
      Hint:Not the Bears.

Comment

It looks like the right move was made in retrospect.

Better than the word that fits the Lions QB position over the past decade... Failure. :)
        JOHN KITNA WASN'T A FAILURE!!! He was healed by jeasus!!!
        Stafford Sig by touchdownrams the rest of the sig by Sig Master Bone Krusher Avy by King of all avys renji

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Originally posted by njx9
        oh please. as if canadians even know what beer is.

Comment

You wish you had Stoney Case.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

Originally posted by MetSox17 View Post
            You must not watch a whole lot of football, kid. Anyone that thinks that the Vikings were better off with anyone else on the roster playing quarterback should really check themselves. It's one thing to hate on the guy (and believe me, i despise Favre), but he can still play at a somewhat decent level. Sure as hell a lot better than anything the Vikes could throw out there. I'm really seeing big things for Minnesota should Favre stay healthy, and this really is their last shot because the team is getting old really fast.
            Even though Tarvaris had a significantly better TD/INT ratio last year, Favre is still better? Even though T-Jack brings an aspect to his game (scrambling ability) to his game that Favre doesn't, Favre is still better? Even though Favre has had a recent surgery on his elbow and hasn't practiced with a team yet during this off-season, he's still better than T-Jack?

But my main worry as a Viking fan would be this: How does having Favre as your quarterback affect the amount of carries Peterson gets? Everyone knows that Favre loves to throw the football, and I have a feeling that the Vikings would decrease the carries they give to Peterson so Favre has a shot at reaching 22 interceptions this coming year again.
            Just play me, baby

Comment

Annnd ESPN just went into meltdown...

Comment

**** the vikings. **** Brett Favre. **** Brad Childress.

sig by fenikz
                Originally posted by ImBrotherCain
                You are just a terrible person.
                Originally posted by bigbluedefense
                I have an iPhone.

Comment

Originally posted by NotRickJames View Post
                  Even though Tarvaris had a significantly better TD/INT ratio last year, Favre is still better? Even though T-Jack brings an aspect to his game (scrambling ability) to his game that Favre doesn't, Favre is still better? Even though Favre has had a recent surgery on his elbow and hasn't practiced with a team yet during this off-season, he's still better than T-Jack?

But my main worry as a Viking fan would be this: How does having Favre as your quarterback affect the amount of carries Peterson gets? Everyone knows that Favre loves to throw the football, and I have a feeling that the Vikings would decrease the carries they give to Peterson so Favre has a shot at reaching 22 interceptions this coming year again.
                  That would probably be my biggest concern. Favre has a tendency to free-lance while we are predominantly a run-first team. If he can stick to the gameplan and only throw in the neighborhood of 25 times per game all should be well.

I am not a Vikings fan who believes that Favre will definitely take us to the Super Bowl (our porous pass defense and moron of a Head Coach are the greatest liabilities) he gives us a MUCH better chance to make a strong playoff run.

edit: Again, i don't understand the Vikings fans' hatred of this idea (like vikes_29 above).... most people pissed and moaned that RosenFAILs was Chilly's "answer" at QB this year. Now we will get a sure HoF QB who can still game and they are still bitching? I seriously don't get it!!!!!
                  Last edited by The_Dude; 06-24-2009, 10:03 PM.
                  Originally posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
                  Thanks jerks, I have an exam tomorrow and reading this lowered my IQ by 14 points. Dicks.

Comment

He's going to break his leg. Then he'll be sorry that he came out of retirement.

sig by fenikz
                    Originally posted by ImBrotherCain
                    You are just a terrible person.
                    Originally posted by bigbluedefense
                    I have an iPhone.

Comment

Originally posted by 7-11 View Post
                      Annnd ESPN just went into meltdown...
                      Meltdown??? More like...

Stafford Sig by touchdownrams the rest of the sig by Sig Master Bone Krusher Avy by King of all avys renji

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Originally posted by njx9
                      oh please. as if canadians even know what beer is.

Comment

The saga continues...
                        Favre is definitely an upgrade from Jackson and Rosenfels. That said, I expect him to start fast, and the Vikings will still blow it somehow.

Comment

Originally posted by vikes_29 View Post
                          **** the vikings. **** Brett Favre. **** Brad Childress.
                          Oh come on man. I mean every Viking fan on here hates Brett Favre with a passion for the years he played in Green Bay but He is the best option we had and we all know it. Tarvaris and Sage do not have the ability to lead us to the Super Bowl like Favre. I rather see good QB play for a year and have a true chance of winning in the playoffs if we get in than watch questionable QB play if we get in to the playoffs and most likely lose just like last year because of poor/below average QB play. All I want to see if the Vikings to succeed. One player does not make a championship team. Just like someone said earlier on the forum, This is the best move for the team and for the business side of the organization.

Vikings | Yankees | Magic | Sabres | Chelsea FC | Alabama | St. Bonaventure

Comment

Nice move for the Vikes, their fans should be happy. Much better than Sage/Tarvaris.

Comment

So vikes29, if Favre leads u to a super bowl will u still be telling ur own team to **** themselves? I think not. I think its a good move. I think TJack and Rosenfels make the Vikes playoff contenders. A healthy Favre makes them Super Bowl contenders.

Comment

Originally posted by yodachu View Post
                                So vikes29, if Favre leads u to a super bowl will u still be telling ur own team to **** themselves? I think not. I think its a good move. I think TJack and Rosenfels make the Vikes playoff contenders. A healthy Favre makes them Super Bowl contenders.
                                I think at this stage in his career. Favre is no better than what the Vikes already have. Favre will start out firing, espn will jerk it everytime he throws a Touchdown pass and then as the season goes on he'll get more and more exhausted. Vikes will make the Playoffs but won't get by the 1st round because Favre's Arm feels like jello.

And we'll be back in the same spot next year.
                                Last edited by holt_bruce81; 06-24-2009, 11:08 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information