Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Favre reaches contractual agreement with Minnesota

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #61
    Again, i don't understand the Vikings fans' hatred of this idea (like vikes_29 above).... most people pissed and moaned that RosenFAILs was Chilly's "answer" at QB this year. Now we will get a sure HoF QB who can still game and they are still bitching? I seriously don't get it!!!!!
    I think it is true he is our "best" option. Doesn't mean he is a good option so to speak, just better than the awful that we have. Plus, I stand by the guy being a complete dickhead, I don't think there is any better term for how he has acted for the last 5 or so years and I never liked him to begin with.

    Basically for me, this is a great move if it works but I will pretty much hate it until it works, I have very little respect for Favre as a human, I don't like him, I don't like him in purple but if it all works out I will be very happy. A lot like Tracy McGrady with Orlando, I didn't like him at all, but he made the team better while he was there and the only reason I was sad to part with him was getting Francis back in exchange.

    So I have enough time for this move as long as we win a superbowl, as far as I'm concerned, anything less and it is a failure and a waste of my time, I wont be cheering for Favre, in fact I would be quite satisfied if he was to get hurt, it is pretty much what he deserves for his self honouring behaviour but I will certainly admit that even as "average" as he was last year, that is an upgrade over what we have.


    Props to BK on the sig!

    Comment


    • #62
      I also think his impact in the running game is HIGHLY overlooked. Wherever he does, RBs have career years. He has the arm, and teams cannot stack the box...ever. And with Adrian Peterson? Hot damn.


      Follow Me on Twitter!
      https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam

      Comment


      • #63
        Originally posted by NotRickJames View Post
        Even though Tarvaris had a significantly better TD/INT ratio last year, Favre is still better? Even though T-Jack brings an aspect to his game (scrambling ability) to his game that Favre doesn't, Favre is still better? Even though Favre has had a recent surgery on his elbow and hasn't practiced with a team yet during this off-season, he's still better than T-Jack?

        But my main worry as a Viking fan would be this: How does having Favre as your quarterback affect the amount of carries Peterson gets? Everyone knows that Favre loves to throw the football, and I have a feeling that the Vikings would decrease the carries they give to Peterson so Favre has a shot at reaching 22 interceptions this coming year again.
        Favre has a better deep ball (yes, even last year's weak, wobbly, less-than-stellar deep ball) and that forces defense to respect that. I've watch Jackson throw since he came out of college and I don't remember ever seeing a good deep ball from him.

        As far as AD goes, I would pray every night that Favre takes at least 5 carries off AD per a game. Do you really want to work the best back in the league into the ground?

        Obviously there is a risk of Favre losing the game for you when you could just grind it out as well, and while Childress is one of the few coaches I can trust to make that kind of mistake, I think the Vikings will be scoring much more this year which will make it harder to lose a lead.

        Comment


        • #64
          Obviously there is a risk of Favre losing the game for you when you could just grind it out as well, and while Childress is one of the few coaches I can trust to make that kind of mistake, I think the Vikings will be scoring much more this year which will make it harder to lose a lead.
          Childress will find a way. He is kind of special in that regard.


          Props to BK on the sig!

          Comment


          • #65
            The Favre/Packers split cannot be describe as an "ugly divorce" ...Better stated, it is a divorce where Favre not only gets booted and leaves his ex, but he is now hooking up with his wife's best friend, video taping it, mailing it back to his ex-wife for spite

            ...OH and not paying his child support or visiting the kids on the weekends.

            Comment


            • #66
              Originally posted by JBond93 View Post
              I also think his impact in the running game is HIGHLY overlooked. Wherever he does, RBs have career years. He has the arm, and teams cannot stack the box...ever. And with Adrian Peterson? Hot damn.
              Beat me to it. Even if Favre's arm is tired by the playoffs come, they should (theoretically) have a much more fresh Peterson come playoff time. At the very least, he should face much less fronts with the box stacked with defenders.
              Patriots, Red Sox, Celtics, Bruins, Texas Longhorns

              Comment


              • #67
                Originally posted by Whistler6 View Post
                The Favre/Packers split cannot be describe as an "ugly divorce" ...Better stated, it is a divorce where Favre not only gets booted and leaves his ex, but he is now hooking up with his wife's best friend, video taping it, mailing it back to his ex-wife for spite

                ...OH and not paying his child support or visiting the kids on the weekends.
                and he took the dog. And sometimes he come home, uses their stove, and accidentally leaves it on when he leaves, causing a serious hazard.

                Comment


                • #68
                  I like this move.


                  http://minnesotasportstwentyfourseven.blogspot.com/

                  Comment


                  • #69
                    Originally posted by Bengalsrocket View Post
                    Favre has a better deep ball (yes, even last year's weak, wobbly, less-than-stellar deep ball) and that forces defense to respect that. I've watch Jackson throw since he came out of college and I don't remember ever seeing a good deep ball from him.

                    As far as AD goes, I would pray every night that Favre takes at least 5 carries off AD per a game. Do you really want to work the best back in the league into the ground?

                    Obviously there is a risk of Favre losing the game for you when you could just grind it out as well, and while Childress is one of the few coaches I can trust to make that kind of mistake, I think the Vikings will be scoring much more this year which will make it harder to lose a lead.
                    AD doesn't need Favre to take off five or more carries a game. Chester Taylor can do that just as well. He isn't that much worse than AD, and could start at back for many other teams in the league.

                    At least T-Jack showed improvement last year. The Vikings knew he was going to be a project, but had a lot of talent to promise. Favre was mediocre at best last year and he's had a surgery since then, and also has yet to work with an NFL team this off-season.
                    Just play me, baby

                    Comment


                    • #70
                      Originally posted by Vikes99ej View Post
                      I like this move.
                      Yessir. Although 50% of it is the pissing off of Packer fans.

                      I see no legitimate argument for not liking this move as a Viking fan. Who cares if he played for the enemy? This is a business and he gives us the best chance to win. No one is forcing you to like him.

                      Comment


                      • #71
                        Originally posted by NotRickJames View Post
                        AD doesn't need Favre to take off five or more carries a game. Chester Taylor can do that just as well. He isn't that much worse than AD, and could start at back for many other teams in the league.

                        At least T-Jack showed improvement last year. The Vikings knew he was going to be a project, but had a lot of talent to promise. Favre was mediocre at best last year and he's had a surgery since then, and also has yet to work with an NFL team this off-season.

                        Chester Taylor isn't that much worse than AD? I love Chester and all but wow...that's pushing it.

                        Comment


                        • #72
                          Imagine if Randy had ended up with the Packers and Brett with the Vikings... weird.

                          What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
                          they get smoked.

                          2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
                          Hint:Not the Bears.

                          Comment


                          • #73
                            Originally posted by NotRickJames View Post
                            AD doesn't need Favre to take off five or more carries a game. Chester Taylor can do that just as well. He isn't that much worse than AD, and could start at back for many other teams in the league.

                            At least T-Jack showed improvement last year. The Vikings knew he was going to be a project, but had a lot of talent to promise. Favre was mediocre at best last year and he's had a surgery since then, and also has yet to work with an NFL team this off-season.
                            Taylor could start on lots NFL teams sure, but he can't hold AD's jock strap. It's not even close. And I like Chester Taylor.

                            Sig by the sigmaster BoneKrusher. Each one is a masterpiece
                            Originally posted by BaLLiN72
                            i wish NFLDC had something like "wall to wall" where we could see Brodeur and Job's conversations.
                            Originally posted by Job
                            NFLDC would be jizzing itself non-stop.

                            Comment


                            • #74
                              Taylor averaged 1 less yac than Peterson and Peterson was the short-yardage back.

                              Taylor is good, Peterson is amazing. Not even close.

                              Comment


                              • #75
                                They're a good tandem, but Minnesota will come to games where Peterson doesn't make massive yardage or he's dinged up, or the defense is just that good and it's up to favre to win games, I don't know how he'll go.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information