Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Peppers signs franchise tag

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Peppers signs franchise tag

    Per Espn; Does this mean he is playing at least another year in Carolina or will another team try to trade for him and get him into camp?

    http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4284304


    BoneKrusher killing it with the sig

  • #2
    Trades are usually done by draft day so teams can draft accordingly, so I doubt he goes anywhere. Plus the "He needs to sign his tender before we can discuss trades" conversation was less than accurate. A trade could have been worked out w/o signing the tender.

    I think he plays for the Panthers this year.

    Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs

    Comment


    • #3
      He'll be a panther and IMO he'll either sign a long term tender or the team will allow him to leave afterwards.

      It'll take something monumental, like a marquee defensive end killing a hooker for a team to consider trading for him now.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by FlyingElvis View Post
        Trades are usually done by draft day so teams can draft accordingly, so I doubt he goes anywhere. Plus the "He needs to sign his tender before we can discuss trades" conversation was less than accurate. A trade could have been worked out w/o signing the tender.

        I think he plays for the Panthers this year.
        No team would trade for him unless they arranged a new contract first. Plus you can't trade a player who isn't under contract it doesn't matter if you could work out a trade with another team or not.

        Comment


        • #5
          Think it means he plays this year then the panthers tag him and look to trade him next year.... and we go through the same thing again. Even more likely if its uncapped next year and teams get two tags. He should have gone the Haynesworth route and put in a clause that they can't tag him again, easier said than done though.

          Comment


          • #6
            I feel he'll sign a long term agreement, he'll be 30 next year and it's not like team's are going to want to pay him huge money to adjust to a new position.

            Comment


            • #7
              I think its embarrassing that he is going to make over a million dollars a game. Thats just ridiculous.
              Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn
              The APS is strong in this one.
              Originally posted by killxswitch
              Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by A Perfect Score View Post
                I think its embarrassing that he is going to make over a million dollars a game. Thats just ridiculous.
                how is it ridiculous?

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by *** Ork Wang View Post
                  how is it ridiculous?
                  No one deserves to make that sort of money. Especially not a DE who only shows up when he wants to.
                  Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn
                  The APS is strong in this one.
                  Originally posted by killxswitch
                  Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by A Perfect Score View Post
                    No one deserves to make that sort of money. Especially not a DE who only shows up when he wants to.
                    Tell that to Stephan Marbury who was getting paid 20 million dollars a year. At least Peppers is one of the best at his position, but basketball and baseball contracts are far worse in comparison.





                    Originally posted by Scott Wright
                    I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by A Perfect Score View Post
                      No one deserves to make that sort of money. Especially not a DE who only shows up when he wants to.
                      When you're one of probably five, or six men in the ENTIRE WORLD that can do a certain job, you have the right to make as much money as you want.

                      I don't know how that concept is so hard to understand. You get paid according to how many people can do what you do at the same skill level or better. Go learn a rare skill that's in extremely high demand and you'll make a **** ton of money too.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        nah, I'm with APS. Yes it's a business but, they're playing a game. They dont deserve all that money. Not at all. No one in sports does. They're essentially entertainers...they're not really benefitting man in some amazing way. They're not saving lives or curing disease. (extreme examples) But still...the money athletes get is disgustingly inflated and sickening, imo.

                        Thanks BoneKrusher^

                        http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
                        http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
                        KO KNOWS

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          A million dollars a game, wow ! I cant hate on him for that though because if theres someone willing to pay you that much you take it every time. But as a football player I lost all respect for him taking the 2007 season off.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Panthers are never going to let him leave.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
                              nah, I'm with APS. Yes it's a business but, they're playing a game. They dont deserve all that money. Not at all. No one in sports does. They're essentially entertainers...they're not really benefitting man in some amazing way. They're not saving lives or curing disease. (extreme examples) But still...the money athletes get is disgustingly inflated and sickening, imo.
                              Lol, who are we to say if they deserve the money they earn or not? They do benefit man, because if it weren't for athletes and sports, you'd live a miserable existence. Every employee earns their money, regardless of what they do. If you looked at it that way, only doctors, researchers and teachers are worthy of their pay? You can look at ANY job and use the same excuse you just made for them not to be worthy.

                              If it's that sickening, don't contribute to the sports world then. If there wasn't millions upon millions of little MOTHs all over the world, athletes wouldn't get paid that much money. You can't have it both ways.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X

                              Debug Information