Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Top 10 clutch QB's

Top 10 clutch quarterbacks in NFL history

Can't say i agree with Marino with no SB, Good list though, of course it's missing the best player ever

Originally posted by stefcn View Post

Can't say i agree with Marino with no SB, Good list though, of course it's missing the best player ever
    But John Elway made the list!

Comment

Tom Brady shouldn't be third...he's had as many clutch fails as he's had clutch successes. And his clutch moments were really Vinatieri's clutch moments.

Comment

montana is #1 nobody can doubt that everything else is debatable...

Comment

Originally posted by whatadai View Post
          Tom Brady shouldn't be third...he's had as many clutch fails as he's had clutch successes. And his clutch moments were really Vinatieri's clutch moments.
          I agree. Brady is a damn good QB, and a HOFer, but that much clutch to be on the list. I don't agree!

Comment

Originally posted by jth1331 View Post
            But Johnny Unitas made the list!
            Fixed it for you. I think he means Peyton Manning though? It is kind of ponderous how Marino makes the list and Manning doesn't.

The problem arises when people use statistics like a drunk uses a lamp post: for support instead of illumination.

If luck is where preparation meets opportunity, then clutch is where failure meets luck.

<Add1ct> setting myself on fire can't be that hard
            <Add1ct> but tackling a mosquito might prove a challenge

Comment

But this is a list of most clutch QBs ever why would Barry Sanders be on this list?
              Stafford Sig by touchdownrams the rest of the sig by Sig Master Bone Krusher Avy by King of all avys renji

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Originally posted by njx9
              oh please. as if canadians even know what beer is.

Comment

Originally posted by whatadai View Post
                I'm not saying that Brady should be third, but what clutch fails? I can think of far fewer 'clutch fails' (is that an oxymoron?) than times he has been clutch.
                Patriots, Red Sox, Celtics, Bruins, Texas Longhorns

Comment

Originally posted by Dam8610 View Post
                  Fixed it for you. I think he means Peyton Manning though? It is kind of ponderous how Marino makes the list and Manning doesn't.
                  Because he left too many games up to Vanderjagt. Wide Right!

Follow Me on Twitter!
                  https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam

Comment

Let me see if I remember this clearly....he only had 1 fewer 4th quarter comeback in his career than did Elway, good for 2nd all time at the time. (Favre may have surpassed since then...but still.)

He was also the 2nd winningest QB when he retired, only behind Elway (Favre has passed them both since then.)

And he did it all with absolute **** for weapons on offense for much of that time. Superbowls are about winning as a team, and Marino did everything that one individual possibly could have to get there. Elway wouldn't have won either if he had ****-ups like OJ McDuffie to throw to...

So to use Superbowls as the only measuring stick just got you an F in my book.

Comment

Based on Marino's dropoff from the regular season to the postseason, he should not be on this list. He has thrown 2 or more picks (CHFF's postseason omen of death) in 10 of 18 playoff games. The Dolphins lost 9 of those 10 games.
                      Eli led a last minute drive in the super bowl, when anything less than a touchdown would have meant defeat. No other quarterback has done that. But this is for an entire career. After all is said and done, Roethlisberger is due to make this list. I think the rest of this list sounds right, even though Elway is ranked way too high.
                      Last edited by MidwayMonster31; 06-30-2009, 04:58 PM.

Comment

So where's Favre? :p

Comment

I miss Steve Young. Goddamn you Aeneas Williams/Lawrence Phillips.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

They need to add:
                            83245699485: Sage Rosenfels

Comment

Originally posted by Bigburt63 View Post
                              I'm not saying that Brady should be third, but what clutch fails? I can think of far fewer 'clutch fails' (is that an oxymoron?) than times he has been clutch.
                              1. The Tuck Rule. It was an obvious HUGE clutch fail that should've decided the game, he just got saved by a blind official.

2. Super Bowl XXXVI winning drive. 3 dump off passes. Two incompletes. His two complete passes, one short, one long one to a wide open Troy Brown, I believe the CB tripped himself. The real clutch was Vinatieri here. Still clutch for Brady I agree, but people make it sound better for Brady than it actually was.

3. Super Bowl XXXVIII. Very clutch, but again the biggest clutch moment came down on Vinatieri.

4. 2006 1st Playoff Round versus the Bolts. Same as Superbowl XXXVIII with the clutch, but again a lot of the clutch came down on Gostkowski.

5. 2006 AFC Championship. Clutch fail with his interception.

6. 2007 Super Bowl. I guess he was clutch there, but Manning's clutch overshadowed his completely. And you can't really be clutch with a loss.

So I would give him 1 and 5 as fail clutches and 2-4 as clutch. Not equal but close. Add in the 4th qtr comebacks he's done and yes he is a clutch QB. But because of those 2, IMO, HUGE clutch fails, due to them being big games where he lost it for the team in the final minutes, he definitely doesn't deserve to be 3rd.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information