Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SportingNews Projected Records for New Coaches

http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/arti...ictions-for-09

Pretty slow time of the offseason so I thought I'd post this up to get some discussion going....

Here is basically the gist of it for those who don't want to read the whole thing:

Rex Ryan - NY Jets: 7-9
    Eric Mangini - Cleveland: 6-10
    Jim Caldwell - Indy: 10-6 (I think...)
    Josh McDaniels - Denver: 4-12
    Todd Haley - KC: 8-8
    Tom Cable - Oakland: 8-8
    Jim Schwartz - Detroit: 6-10
    Raheem Morris - TB: 4-12
    Steve Spagnuolo - St. Louis: 8-8
    Mike Singletary - SF: 9-7
    Jim Mora Jr - Seattle: 10-6

The biggest ones that stand out to me are KC and Oakland, especially KC. Oakland has the talented skill players on offense, but I have (and will have until proven otherwise) my doubts about them. KC.....well, it's Florio again, so he's riding the wheels right off of their bandwagon. He doesn't think much of San Diego based off of his past articles but does think a lot of the Chiefs apparently....

I also think all of the records for the NFC West teams are about 1-2 wins too high. The Cards aren't just going to roll over and die while the other teams of the division didn't suddenly get a LOT better....

I think 3-13 is more likely for Detroit....but who knows. It's not like he's predicting playoffs for them.

I don't know, what do you all think? Discuss!

If Denver goes 4-12 and don't even have a first round pick as a silver lining...McDaniels is getting run out of town on a rail!

sig by BoneKrusher

PACKERS BADGERS BREWERS BUCKS

Comment

Originally posted by senormysterioso View Post
      If Denver goes 4-12 and don't even have a first round pick as a silver lining...McDaniels is getting run out of town on a rail!
      I am hoping thats the case. Or better yet 3-13. Seattle doesn't have the offensive talent to win 10 games, I'm sorry to say. They have a great defense with a top 5 linebacker core in football and some solid DB's, but their line is old, they have no stud running backs, their WR's leave a lot to be desired (still rooting for Jordan Kent though) and Matty Ice may be done for. 8-8 is a lot more obtainable.
      CHRIS PETERSEN > STEVE SARKISIAN AND JIM MORA. CALL ME WHEN ONE MAKES A BCS BOWL.

Originally posted by slightlyabroncosfan
      JBalla is mormon, so naturally he assumes that whenever you get one marriage done, another two or five are in the works.

Comment

I think Jets will be slightly better, Indy worse, KC worse, Detroit worse, TB better, and St. Louis worse.

The rest, I think it's about right.

^Thanks to Eaglez.Fan for the sweet sig!

Comment

Terrible. Complete ****.

He clearly didn't go through and actually think it out, but rather just pulled numbers out of his ass that added up to 16.

He's predicting that only 4/11 teams with new coaches will have losing records. I guess he doesn't realize that the reason most of these teams have new coaches is because they were terrible last year.

Unless he's predicting Arizona to go from the Super Bowl to last in their awful division he thinks that no one in the NFC West will have a losing season.

Detroit: +6
          Kansas City: +6
          St. Louis: +6
          Seattle: +6
          Oakland: +3
          Cleveland: +2
          San Francisco: +2
          New York: -2
          Indianapolis: -2
          Denver: -4
          Tampa Bay: -5

He predicts that the 4 worst teams from last year will all improve by 6 games. That's ridiculous.

That adds up to 18 more wins from the new head coaches (+31, -13). Where are these wins coming from? What good teams is he taking these wins from? Particularly in the NFC West.

I don't see how the hell it's possible for the NFC West to win an additional 14 games than they did last year. Considering they start out at 12-12 because of divisional games, they'd have to win 24 non-divisional games for that to work. Next year they have the NFC North and AFC South.

Let's say we give them all a win against the Lions. (4) Now let's say that they split with the other three teams, which is very generous but what the hell. (10) Now the NFC South. I seriously doubt they'd be able to split here either, but we'll say they do. (18.) That means that between the NFC South and NFC East they need to win at least 6/8. No way that is happening let's once again give them some free wins and a split. (22) So even when being extremely generous and giving them wins it still falls short of what this moron predicts.

If your getting paid to write this **** think it through, don't just give me random numbers.
          Last edited by GB12; 07-04-2009, 08:59 PM.

Comment

No way the Chiefs and the Rams go 8-8.

Sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Lions will probably get 4 wins at the max. 6-10 is crazy talk.

Comment

This is ******* stupid. No way these teams drastically improve to this extent.

Comment

Originally posted by GB12 View Post

He predicts that the 4 worst teams from last year will all improve by 6 games. That's ridiculous.
                  It's not completely out of the realm of possibility. At least one of those teams will improve by 6 games, guaranteed.

Follow Me on Twitter!
                  https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam

Comment

i think the jets record might be about right, the rest is way to optimstic

Saints 2014 draft wish list:
                    - No pass rusher till the fourth round (or preferably at all)
                    - Corner or Wideout in the first
                    - No reaching
                    - No Kelvin Benjamin

Comment

Originally posted by JBond93 View Post
                      It's not completely out of the realm of possibility. At least one of those teams will improve by 6 games, guaranteed.
                      It's far from a guarantee. Since 2000 only 4 times has a team improved 6 games after picking in the top 4. It's a possibility that one could, but there is no way in hell that all 4 will.

Maybe he was thinking like you and thought for sure one would but couldn't decide which one so he said **** it and picked them all. This way he can claim he predicted it no matter which one it is.

Comment

Originally posted by jballa838 View Post
                        I am hoping thats the case. Or better yet 3-13. Seattle doesn't have the offensive talent to win 10 games, I'm sorry to say. They have a great defense with a top 5 linebacker core in football and some solid DB's, but their line is old, they have no stud running backs, their WR's leave a lot to be desired (still rooting for Jordan Kent though) and Matty Ice may be done for. 8-8 is a lot more obtainable.

If Branch and Burleson can stay healthy, the WRs are more than fine. Housh, Branch, Burlson and Butler (Im especially excited about Butler) is a very nice group, again, IF they stay healthy.
                        "Oh **** it's Kam, RUN!!!"

Comment

Originally posted by Lions WMD View Post
                          Lions will probably get 4 wins at the max. 6-10 is crazy talk.
                          to win six games with this team there would have to be some major injury troubles for the other NFC North teams... but I agree it's hard to take serious

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
                          don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend

Comment

No way ANY 3 of the NFC West teams combine for 27 wins.

Comment

i guarantee neither Mora or Singletary have a winning record and the Rams wont win more than 6 games tops

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information