Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Derrick Mason retired

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #46
    If your looking for a veteran WR there is still some decent ones out there. No one as good as Mason but some that are decent.

    Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

    Super Bowl XLIV Champions
    WHO DAT!

    Comment


    • #47
      If Joe Flacco performs poorly this upcoming season it won't be solely because of 35 year old Derrick Mason retiring.

      "Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
      -San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
      Originally posted by Borat
      Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.

      Comment


      • #48
        Originally posted by Ness View Post
        If Joe Flacco performs poorly this upcoming season it won't be solely because of 35 year old Derrick Mason retiring.
        Well considering he was the only good receiver, yeah it kind of is.

        They better run a TON this season and ride Ray Rice, Willis McGahee and McClain to victory. The best receiving options are Todd Heap and Clayton.

        Comment


        • #49
          Originally posted by Thumper View Post
          Well considering he was the only good receiver, yeah it kind of is.

          They better run a TON this season and ride Ray Rice, Willis McGahee and McClain to victory. The best receiving options are Todd Heap and Clayton.
          If Flacco has to depend on Derrick Mason for his success as a future quarterback, then he isn't a very good quarterback to begin with. Regardless if his other receivers aren't as good as Mason, it will be evident who struggles more: Flacco or his targets his throwing the ball to. If it's the targets, then at least you know Flacco is doing his job well and it's his supporting cast that needs to be upgraded. If it's the other way around, then Flacco wasn't that good in the first place.

          "Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
          -San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
          Originally posted by Borat
          Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.

          Comment


          • #50
            Mason was one of the few Ravens I actually liked. Very tough blow for the Ravens.

            Comment


            • #51
              I mean the guy was the only person willing to actually hold on and catch the ball in the playoffs and he was playing with a dislocated left shoulder and could only catch the ball by trapping it between his arm and his right shoulder pad, that is a warrior.

              Sig By:The Dynasty

              2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
              http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
              Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
              http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966

              Comment


              • #52
                Originally posted by Ness View Post
                If Flacco has to depend on Derrick Mason for his success as a future quarterback, then he isn't a very good quarterback to begin with. Regardless if his other receivers aren't as good as Mason, it will be evident who struggles more: Flacco or his targets his throwing the ball to. If it's the targets, then at least you know Flacco is doing his job well and it's his supporting cast that needs to be upgraded. If it's the other way around, then Flacco wasn't that good in the first place.
                You're absolutly correct. However, I do think Flacco will be fine, but it is going to take him a while to find a new go to guy. I think it is going to be Todd Heap, he still has the skills to be a top TE, he just wasn't utilized the right way last year.

                Comment


                • #53
                  Still Todd Heap can't stretch the field. If all you do is dink and dunk all day with no vertical threat eventually the DB's will guess on breaks and pick the ball off. Even if Heap returns to pro bowl form which is unlikely as he has lost a lot of explosion, this passing game is still in big time trouble with no consistent threat on the edges.

                  Sig By:The Dynasty

                  2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
                  http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
                  Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
                  http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966

                  Comment


                  • #54
                    Well this sucks. I loved watching Mason last year. It seemed like he was making ridiculous catches in every game.

                    Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

                    Comment


                    • #55
                      Joe Flacco is a sad panda right now

                      Comment


                      • #56
                        Originally posted by SeanTaylorRIP View Post
                        Still Todd Heap can't stretch the field. If all you do is dink and dunk all day with no vertical threat eventually the DB's will guess on breaks and pick the ball off. Even if Heap returns to pro bowl form which is unlikely as he has lost a lot of explosion, this passing game is still in big time trouble with no consistent threat on the edges.
                        yeah I agree, but Heap can atleast give the Ravens some help over the middle, Clayton could probably duplicate what Mason did on the sidelines, at a much lower level of production however, and Demetrius Williams, if healthy can be their deep threat. Hopefully, Mason's departure will get these younger WR's to step up. (i.e Clayton, Williams, Smith) and also get Ozzie Newsome to bring is Amani Toomer. I would love him.

                        Comment


                        • #57
                          Toomer still got it, he's a clutch receiver, probably move the chains on third down, would be a great #2 for Joe Flacco, hopefully Clayton would be able to take over the #1 successfully.

                          Bone Krusher, the best

                          Comment


                          • #58
                            Originally posted by Malaka View Post
                            Toomer still got it, he's a clutch receiver, probably move the chains on third down, would be a great #2 for Joe Flacco, hopefully Clayton would be able to take over the #1 successfully.
                            There's Amani Toomer, Ike Hilliard, Marvin Harrison (not a #1 or #2 but decent depth), Drew Carter, Koren Robinson, Ashley Lelie, Justin McCareins, Jerry Porter, Tab Perry, and Marty Booker.

                            Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

                            Super Bowl XLIV Champions
                            WHO DAT!

                            Comment


                            • #59
                              Originally posted by diabsoule View Post
                              There's Amani Toomer, Ike Hilliard, Marvin Harrison (not a #1 or #2 but decent depth), Drew Carter, Koren Robinson, Ashley Lelie, Justin McCareins, Jerry Porter, Tab Perry, and Marty Booker.
                              My favorites out of that bunch would have to be Toomer, Harrison, and Porter.

                              Hilliard I guess is a clutch 3rd down guy, he is one of the slowest receivers in the game right now. McCareins for me is a slot guy.

                              I really wouldn't want anyone else starting.

                              Bone Krusher, the best

                              Comment


                              • #60
                                Originally posted by diabsoule View Post
                                There's Amani Toomer, Ike Hilliard, Marvin Harrison (not a #1 or #2 but decent depth), Drew Carter, Koren Robinson, Ashley Lelie, Justin McCareins, Jerry Porter, Tab Perry, and Marty Booker.
                                Toomer and Harrison are really the only "good" options moving forward. The Ravens should have tried to add some young depth in the draft seeing as of now their WR group is quited depleted.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information