• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chiefs Matt Cassell agree to a 6 year 63 millon deal

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4327067

keeping him for the long term, hopefully he's not a one year wonder

6 years 63 million bucks.

remember that guys, when you all throw a hissy fit when Eli makes over 100 million with his contract.

the going rate for qbs in FA is what it is. its just the economics of it.

Comment

Solid contract. Cassel's numbers aren't too far off from the numbers Rodgers put up and they're both getting similar deals.

Comment

Well it's no worse then a top round rookie QB coming in, and those guys have yet to plan an NFL snap, at least they saw Cassel perform in live action already and that's more then you can say for Sanchez and Stafford.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
        I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

Couldn't they wait until after this year to make sure he wasn't a fluke?

Comment

It'll be interesting to see how he does this year without New England's high powered offense to help him out.

Sveen's 2015 NFL Draft Spreadsheet

Comment

hahahahahahahahaha

KC just wasted a lot of money

Comment

At first I thought Cassell was a fluke, but if you study his progress throughout the season, he really did do a 180 with his game. He was looking pretty damn good later in the season.

But arm strength would still be a concern of mine. Dude cannot throw the deepball...

Comment

$28 million guaranteed is the big number. Also, looks the contract is really front loaded.
                  #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Quite a large contract to give someone who has had one good year and that was with Randy Moss Welker and a loaded Patriots team.

The Browns are a year removed from giving Anderson a 3 year 21 million dollar contract, hopefully the Chiefs don't regret this.

Comment

I expected the team to wait until after the year on a long term contract, but the numbers are actually not that bad I don't think. $28 million guaranteed is less than twice what they would have had to pay him this year under the franchise tag. Even if he played poorly under the franchise tag, I still saw the the team keeping him a little longer to hold the fort down for a rookie, so he probably could have gotten at least $20 out of the team (franchise 2009, signing bonus+starting salary 2010). In my mind, Pioli is only making about an $8 million dollar gamble on a player that he is very familiar with.

Comment

Originally posted by Strawdog View Post
                        Blah.
                        Just FYI, there is a football movie being shot in Bossier City, LA and surrounding areas based on you. Just giving you a heads up.

Silverback....still the best.

+rep to Jakey for the sig

Comment

A front loaded contract is actually good for us because we don't have any big free agents to resign on this roster in the near future and we have a ridiculous amount of cap space that we will never spend.

Comment

Originally posted by Go_Eagles77 View Post
                            Couldn't they wait until after this year to make sure he wasn't a fluke?
                            When you factor that any extension you give him at that point would be on top of the 14 mil he'd get this year, Cassel would likely only be more expensive. And you'd also take the risk of losing him or having to pay him even more if he breaks out.

Comment

Originally posted by terribletowel39 View Post
                              Just FYI, there is a football movie being shot in Bossier City, LA and surrounding areas based on you. Just giving you a heads up.
                              A football movie? Straw Dogs is being changed a lot from the original. Oh well, the original is as timeless as the original The Day the Earth Stood Still.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information