X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Source: Ravens, Suggs agree to deal

Source: Ravens, Suggs agree to deal

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4328590

Suggs will receive signing bonus and option bonus money that will total $33.1 million in 2009 and 2010, according to a source. That is believed to be second only to Peyton Manning, who received a $34 million signing bonus. Defensive end Dwight Freeney received $31.5 million in signing and option bonus money during the first two years of his contract with the Colts. Freeney and Suggs were both represented by Gary Wichard.

"That is believed to be second only to Peyton Manning"

what. a. rip-off.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

I bet DeMarcus Ware is very, very happy now that his contract will shatter this.

Comment

YES!!! FINALLY! They locked him up longterm!!! Don't really know if he deserves that big a contract, but the guy is tough, durable, and a complete player. Next up, Jared Gaither & Haloti Ngata :)

Comment

Suggs being so highly paid = fail
          When I eat, it is the food that is scared.

Comment

I don't know the first thing about the Ravens' salary cap situation. What does this do for their chances of signing a big-time WR?

Comment

Originally posted by killxswitch View Post
              I don't know the first thing about the Ravens' salary cap situation. What does this do for their chances of signing a big-time WR?
              It actually improves it because he's getting less than what he would on the franchise-tag deal I believe. A little expensive, but Suggs is very important to our team and I'm glad to have him on it for years to come.

Comment

Originally posted by coordinator0 View Post
                . A little expensive
                A little? He got more Guranteed money ( more than 10 mil more then Rodgers) than two "franchise Quarteerbacks" who recently signed long term deals, Rodgers and Cassel. That's pretty damned expensive.

Contracts are gettin out of control.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
                they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
                Hint:Not the Bears.

Comment

That's because rookie contracts are too large, so proven players have to top that by a good margin. In order to get everything down, un proven rookies, need to be paid based on their experience level, and thus proven players contracts can come down as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Shockey+Manning=Shocking View Post
                    That's because rookie contracts are too large, so proven players have to top that by a good margin. In order to get everything down, un proven rookies, need to be paid based on their experience level, and thus proven players contracts can come down as well.
                    What's it matter in the future though? Jurrah and Snyder are going to go ape **** on contracts when the salary cap goes bye bye. ;)

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
                    they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
                    Hint:Not the Bears.

Comment

Originally posted by TitleTown088 View Post
                      What's it matter in the future though? Jurrah and Snyder are going to go ape **** on contracts when the salary cap goes bye bye. ;)
                      The whole NFC East will be like baseball because all 4 teams are big market teams. It will be like baseball all over again!

Comment

I like Suggs but he is not that good.

Comment

lol, good look keep Ngata as well Ravens... that's a **** load of money for a good, but not great player.

^Thanks to Eaglez.Fan for the sweet sig!

Comment

How much cap room would the Ravens have after that?

Comment

Suggs is not 34 Million guaranteed good. Two horrible contracts in two days.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information