Poster Boys of the NFL

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Poster Boys of the NFL

For many people, when we think of hockey we think of Sidney Crosby and Alexander Ovechkin.
    For basketball, I think of LeBron and Kobe.
    For golf, Tiger Woods and Phil Mickelson come to mind.

Who are the poster boys of the NFL?

I'd create a poll but I think there will be many more answers than slots in the poll.

Originally Posted by scottyboy
    my lord...I cannot imagine such a world where I can mention Raymell Rice's thighs around a girl and not be the only one sexually aroused
    But for everyone reading this in Buffalo and Cleveland and everywhere else, take solace in the following: As crazy as it sounds, you're lucky. Your Mount Everest experience is still ahead of you. It's waiting, and it's glorious.- Bill Simmons

Comment

Comment

brady and manning are the first that come to mind

bonekrusher on the sig magic
        <beans> libid dont worry man i think fondling big black men is a perfectly worthy career goal
        <JBond> laughing so hard I am crying

Comment

I think this is a lot harder to do in a much bigger team sport like the NFL. In basketball you have 5 guys on the court at any one time and maybe 3-4 more who contribute regularly.....just slightly more than that in hockey.

And then in things like golf, Nascar and tennis, it's all individual. So there you can really easily be poster boy.

To do it for the entire NFL is very hard though imo. I think you could easily say Tom Brady and Peyton Manning. Maybe Adrian Peterson. But after that, there isn't a single player you couldn't make an argument against imo.

Comment

AD has to be one of the new faces of the NFL. His trading card value is through the roof (like sid and ovechkin) and he is becoming one of the more recognizable people in the league.

As of now though, it is tough to pick between Peyton and Brady.

Sig by the sigmaster BoneKrusher. Each one is a masterpiece
            Originally posted by BaLLiN72
            i wish NFLDC had something like "wall to wall" where we could see Brodeur and Job's conversations.
            Originally posted by Job
            NFLDC would be jizzing itself non-stop.

Comment

Peyton Manning and Tom Brady.
              Originally posted by njx9
              i mean, why wouldn't the broncos take cam newton? they can play him at quarterback WITH tebow!

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by ChezPower4 View Post
                  Not anymore IMO. Maybe '06 and before he was one of them.

Comment

Originally posted by BeerBaron View Post
                    I think this is a lot harder to do in a much bigger team sport like the NFL. In basketball you have 5 guys on the court at any one time and maybe 3-4 more who contribute regularly.....just slightly more than that in hockey.

And then in things like golf, Nascar and tennis, it's all individual. So there you can really easily be poster boy.

To do it for the entire NFL is very hard though imo. I think you could easily say Tom Brady and Peyton Manning. Maybe Adrian Peterson. But after that, there isn't a single player you couldn't make an argument against imo.
                    There's also the whole helmet factor. In sports like basketball, hockey, tennis and golf, you can see their faces. You can put a name to a face and associate the face to the sport. In the NFL, the helmet hurts recognition. When you see the players, you see a team and a number, not the faces. It sounds odd, but when you can see the faces, you tend to have more of a connection with that player. Unless, your an NFL superstar, you can walk down the streets and most people won't recognize you.

Also another guy who is still one of the faces of the league. He was the poster boy of the league until just recently. He is still one of the most popular and most recognizable players in football.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Paul View Post
                        I laugh every time I see that picture. I don't understand how someone can be so ugly. It looks like a 300lbs ginger chick.

Comment

Chad Ocho Cinco... Terrell Owens.... Everyone knows who they are because of the antics and the mouthes they have... Personally I love every minute of it.
                          R.I.P Chris 'Slim' Henry

Comment

It's Peyton and Brady far and away, their teams are great and they are more visible with their helmets off. Which is what makes having a super recognizable football player more difficult. Most people who don't watch football know who Peyton and Brady are, can't say the same about alot of other people.

Comment

I'm surprised no one has mentioned Adrian Peterson.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information