Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Better 2nd year... Steve Slaton or Chris Johnson?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Better 2nd year... Steve Slaton or Chris Johnson?

I liked him at WVU and he has a better surrounding cast too me with Schaub and Andre Johnson. I'm guessing Slaton will have the better year.
    Steve Slaton
    43.36%
    Chris Johnson
    56.64%

The poll is expired.

Jets, Mets, Knicks, and the U's too cool for uze

Sig by, Hitman D

Chris Johnson in my biased opinion. :D
    Better O-Line, healthier team, better backups, better defense to take off pressure. Blah blah blah, homer, homer, blah, homer. Or am I?!?!?!?!
    Credit to BoneKrusher for the Sig
    RIP themaninblack

Comment

[

One could make a case that he was the best rookie RB last season.

Comment

If I was putting money on it, I would definately be putting it on Slaton. He is a beastly runner.

Sig by the sigmaster BoneKrusher. Each one is a masterpiece
        Originally posted by BaLLiN72
        i wish NFLDC had something like "wall to wall" where we could see Brodeur and Job's conversations.
        Originally posted by Job
        NFLDC would be jizzing itself non-stop.

Comment

Both guys have a lot of promise. I think Chris Johnson will be the focal point of the Titans offense. The Titans will look to run the ball. The Texans have an explosive passing game, so Slaton could benefit from it. I think Johnson will have a better season with more touches.

Comment

I think Slaton is gonna be better but Forte wins it all!!!!!

Comment

Slaton has a major advantage - he won't likely be the focal point of opposing defenses. Andre is the #1 weapon. Chris Johnson on the other hand is the #1 skill player on the Titans. While the Titans offense may be better running the ball, when it comes to an individual back's performance, I suspect many would prefer being the #1 RB on a pass first team than on a run first team. Slaton's speed and the Texans offense should compliment each other well as he's faced with few loaded fronts.

Slaton is also not in a carry share situation. I think that the load will shift towards CJ more than it was last year, but he'll still suffer from rhythm interupting spells and slim pickings when it comes to goalline carries.

So, all in all, I think Slaton has the better chance.

Comment

Originally posted by OzTitan View Post
                Slaton has a major advantage - he won't likely be the focal point of opposing defenses. Andre is the #1 weapon. Chris Johnson on the other hand is the #1 skill player on the Titans. While the Titans offense may be better running the ball, when it comes to an individual back's performance, I suspect many would prefer being the #1 RB on a pass first team than on a run first team. Slaton's speed and the Texans offense should compliment each other well as he's faced with few loaded fronts.

Slaton is also not in a carry share situation. I think that the load will shift towards CJ more than it was last year, but he'll still suffer from rhythm interupting spells and slim pickings when it comes to goalline carries.

So, all in all, I think Slaton has the better chance.
                liar, the #1 weapon is kerry collins!

Comment

This man.

Still Team The Ke$ha!!!

[@TDWinstead]
                  Originally posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
                  Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

Comment

OzTitan summed it up pretty well with his post. I'm thinking it'll be Slaton as well, barring injury.

Comment

I think both have another amazing year. Tennesspeed is more talented, faster, but I think he could have some issues to contend with on the Titans roster this year. He'll catch more passes than Slaton, and get much much more press, but I think Slaton has the better year.

Why? One reason, ZBS. Slaton is not up there in terms of talent, but he has good vision and speed, so he can see the holes and pick up some nice yardage. I think he has a better year statistically.

Follow Me on Twitter!
                      https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam

Comment

I love Slaton. I think he's getting discounted for being on a team not getting as much publicity. I thought he had a more consistent year, where as Johnson would have games with a lot of yards and then follow those with down games.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

I hope Steve Slaton based purely on the fact that I just traded for him in my keeper league and he's a phenomenal value keeper.

The problem arises when people use statistics like a drunk uses a lamp post: for support instead of illumination.

If luck is where preparation meets opportunity, then clutch is where failure meets luck.

<Add1ct> setting myself on fire can't be that hard
                          <Add1ct> but tackling a mosquito might prove a challenge

Comment

I believe Slaton will have the better stats just based on the fact that hes going to be the workhorse, while Johnson will still be sharing snaps with Lenwhale.

Comment

Felix Jones. :D

Nah, I agree w/ the Slaton guys. It's not like either is looking at a sophomore slump or anything like that, though imo.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
                              http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
                              KO KNOWS

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information