Worst game

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Ness View Post
    The 1997 NFC Championship game against Green Bay.
    - I think we would have kicked Denver's ass like we did earlier in the season if we had made it back to the Super Bowl.
    Riiiight, I'm sure they would :rollseyes:

Broncos fans have a lot to choose from IMO. The Super Bowls in the 80's, the 1996 AFC Division game loss to the Jaguars, the 2005 AFC Championship game loss to the Steelers, the 41-3 loss to the Chargers in 2007 at home.

Comment

• Originally posted by jimmylishis View Post
      without a doubt the 1998 NFC Championship game we had that game won, i was so sure we were going to win the super bowl that year too :( .

I think we would have, I honestly think we were the best team that year and I don't think there's any homerism in saying that. It doesn't matter though, in fact it just makes the loss worse.

Comment

• Originally posted by jth1331 View Post

Broncos fans have a lot to choose from IMO. The Super Bowls in the 80's, the 1996 AFC Division game loss to the Jaguars, the 2005 AFC Championship game loss to the Steelers, the 41-3 loss to the Chargers in 2007 at home.
        Roll your eyes all you want, but the 49ers kicked the Broncos ass that year. Not really a reason as to why they couldn't do it a second time that same season.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
        -San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
        Originally posted by Borat
        Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.

Comment

• Originally posted by CameronCropper View Post
          The Superbowl loss is definetly up there.

The loss against the Falcons last year when Kyle Orton took us up the field and scored the go-ahead TD with about 10 seconds left, for some reason we chose to squib kick and give the Falcons great field position.. one pass later and the Falcons have the win.

Needless to say I was not very pleased at all.
          Norwood was returning really well up to that point in the season right? I think squib kick was the right call there, even though it lost you the game.

Comment

• Originally posted by jth1331 View Post

I kinda forgot about the 2005 AFC championship, I think I tried to block it out. I had to watch it at like 2am because I was overseas, it was just that much more depressing. Worst game in Bronco history has to be the Super Bowl against the 49ers. Just aweful.

Sig by the sigmaster BoneKrusher. Each one is a masterpiece
            Originally posted by BaLLiN72
            i wish NFLDC had something like "wall to wall" where we could see Brodeur and Job's conversations.
            Originally posted by Job
            NFLDC would be jizzing itself non-stop.

Comment

Roll your eyes all you want, but the 49ers kicked the Broncos ass that year. Not really a reason as to why they couldn't do it a second time that same season.
              The game was in San Fran, Terrell Davis got hurt in the game. The game was actually close before TD left, and even though he only had 29 yards on 10 carries, his injury impacted the game.
              Plus, just because the 49ers beat up on the Broncos in the regular season doesn't equate to it happening again. Heck, the Broncos kicked the Colts but in 2003 during the regular season, and then got absolutely annhilated in the playoffs.
              You act like the Broncos were freakin horrible, they had an amazing team.

Comment

• 1999 AFC Championship game.

I still have nightmares.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bengalsrocket View Post
                  Norwood was returning really well up to that point in the season right? I think squib kick was the right call there, even though it lost you the game.
                  not that horrible squib kick

Comment

• the elbow was down.... the elbow was down

Comment

• For the Seahawks....well I'm sure you can all guess.
                      "Oh **** it's Kam, RUN!!!"

Comment

• Originally posted by JT Jag View Post
                        1999 AFC Championship game.

I still have nightmares.
                        Thank god I wasn't a fan back then.

Since I've been a fan...I guess the 2005 Wild Card loss to the Pats? I dunno, there haven't been many "omg fml" games since I've been a fan.

by BoneKrusher
                        <DG> how metal unseen
                        <TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that

Comment

There are three that stick out in my mind vividly:

The 1990 NFC Championship game against New York.
                          - Roger Craig just had to fumble in the final minutes of the game to screw our chances of making a three-peat.

The 1992 NFC Championship game against Dallas.
                          - That was probably the best 49ers team not to go to the Super Bowl from the 90's.

The 1997 NFC Championship game against Green Bay.
                          - I think we would have kicked Denver's ass like we did earlier in the season if we had made it back to the Super Bowl.
                          Those were bad. In recent history, the game against the Cardinals on Monday Night Football last year was horrible. Who the heck calls a FB dive when you're on the 2 yard line and its the last play of the game??

Comment

Working...
                          X

Debug Information