Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Terrell Owens: my new most hated athlete in pro sports.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rosebud View Post
    A mentally weak player doesn't come back from a broken leg in one month to play in a superbowl and be the best player in that game while his QB was throwing up by the 4th quarter because he was too hungover. That's why it really annoys me to see people question TO's toughness, he may be a whiny diva, but the ***** has balls and he's proved that more than any other Eagle this decade.
    They don't pop up from hits like the one he took from Polumalu either.
    Kaepernick is this years pat white. Thin, gimmick offense and doesn't possess an nfl arm. The ncaa constantly regurgitates clones of past players and amazingly enough, tricks some people into thinking they're better than their cloned half. Kaepernick was a complete waste of a senior bowl qb spot. A better qb will come from the east/west shrine or whatever they're calling it now...count on it

- Genius

Comment

but the ***** has balls and he's proved that more than any other Eagle this decade.

Comment

A mentally weak player doesn't come back from a broken leg in one month to play in a superbowl and be the best player in that game while his QB was throwing up by the 4th quarter because he was too hungover. That's why it really annoys me to see people question TO's toughness, he may be a whiny diva, but the ***** has balls and he's proved that more than any other Eagle this decade.

Ive seen you and YFS point to this. Ive seen the Bill Simmons article, but do you have any legit sources to back that up?

And yes, TO is one tough mofo, that dude wants to win so freaking bad and he tries so hard gotta respect him as a player anyway.
        Originally posted by Thumper/JBCX/Bixby
        Orton will never be in the same class as the Drew Brees or the Peyton Mannings or the Tom Bradys of the world. Kevin Kolb has the potential to be that kind of player.

Comment

Originally posted by hockey619 View Post
          Ive seen you and YFS point to this. Ive seen the Bill Simmons article, but do you have any legit sources to back that up?

And yes, TO is one tough mofo, that dude wants to win so freaking bad and he tries so hard gotta respect him as a player anyway.
          Other than the Simmons article, no, but I'll take his word for it since he was there doing a daily diary for the entire Eagles/Pats Superbowl week.

If there was any sportswriter I'd trust with little nuggets like this (especially concerning the party scene during Superbowl week), it's Billy.

Maybe "hungover" is taking it too far, and "not entirely focused on the biggest game of his life" is a more accurate description.

Comment

Did anyone catch 1st and 10 today? I really wanna hear what excuses lame ass Skip Bayless came up with TO's performance. He's been saying TO should retire, is washed up, a shell of his former self, lost 2 steps, and so many other non observent hating comments about him since his last year in Dallas.

I wanna see how he back tracks now that 3 years later he's still playing like a top 10 WR, and if TO lost a step, the way he's playing, that let's you know how good his prime was.

Anyone have any idea how many more years he has left? Another 3 solid years?

Originally posted by Scott Wright
            I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

Originally posted by hockey619 View Post

I don't have published sources or evidence, but I do know people who saw Donovan "partying like a champ" in the week leading up to the game, have been watching the guy for most of his career as a division rival and the best QB to come out of the chicagoland area where I live. It's not something I know, but it's something that I find completely believable, especially given friends who claimed to having seen him partying it up in the weeks leading up to the game and people who know his family.

I'm not fully convinced that it was the cause but I wouldn't doubt it at all and would probably put money on it if I had to bet either way. Plus it works really well to emphasize the impact of media spin when you contrast Donovan to TO and public perceptions of the two players.

BK

Originally posted by AcheTen
              JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
              Originally posted by abaddon41_80
              Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
              Originally posted by JBCX
              Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.

Comment

Originally posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
                Did anyone catch 1st and 10 today? I really wanna hear what excuses lame ass Skip Bayless came up with TO's performance. He's been saying TO should retire, is washed up, a shell of his former self, lost 2 steps, and so many other non observent hating comments about him since his last year in Dallas.

I wanna see how he back tracks now that 3 years later he's still playing like a top 10 WR, and if TO lost a step, the way he's playing, that let's you know how good his prime was.

Anyone have any idea how many more years he has left? Another 3 solid years?
                Skip gets too much hate, I don't watch 1st and 10, don't really watch espn at all, but when I have caught moments the guy just seems like he's the guy they always give the losing opinion. They need someone to be the controversy guy and skip does a solid job of being the disagreeable talking head, even though there's clearly some discussions where he's just got nothing, like the Scottie Pippen not a top 50 player debate where he really didn't have anything to say against Scottie even though he had to argue against it.

BK

Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.

Comment

All TO has done this season is keep his mouth shut and play good football. He didn't cause any problems in Buffalo and the problems in Dallas were vastly exaggerated. I think the media was looking to create a problem that wasn't there.

Comment

TO could probably play until he's 90 or so.

Comment

Originally posted by Job View Post
                      TO could probably play until he's 90 or so.
                      On pace for 110 catches, 1,540 yards and 14 touchdowns at 14.0 yards per catch. He's incredible.

Comment

Originally posted by MidwayMonster31 View Post
                        All TO has done this season is keep his mouth shut and play good football. He didn't cause any problems in Buffalo and the problems in Dallas were vastly exaggerated. I think the media was looking to create a problem that wasn't there.
                        Well when you've been selling a guy as a nutjob and team cancer it's kinda rough when he's not playing up to your expectations, so of course you're going to look for any shrivel of news that could help your credibility from being totally tanked.

BK

Comment

Skip gets too much hate, I don't watch 1st and 10, don't really watch espn at all, but when I have caught moments the guy just seems like he's the guy they always give the losing opinion. They need someone to be the controversy guy and skip does a solid job of being the disagreeable talking head, even though there's clearly some discussions where he's just got nothing, like the Scottie Pippen not a top 50 player debate where he really didn't have anything to say against Scottie even though he had to argue against it.

That's the thing, he is a hater. I absolutely HATE when analyst have an obvious bias, or even affection for a player so whenever they come up in a topic they can't put it behind them. There was no reason to say TO was washed up 3 years ago, and every big game TO has had since that point Skip made an excuse for it. He's running out of them at this point though, and he can't ever just eat his crow, bite the bullet and say TO is still dominant and he was wrong because that would make him look bad.

TO for some reason has pissed him off forever now, and he was even saying Roy Williams was gonna be better then him once we got rid of him...Not that Skip was the only one saying that about TO, but Skip hates him for other reasons and I just think it's annoying to have to listen 2 guys who are haters then try and be objective about a topic concerning said player.

People in general who act like TO isn't gonna end up in the Hall of Fame need to let go of the hate. He's right on his way to being looked at in the discussion of top 5 WR of all-time. If he finishes the season on the pace he's at, and keeps it up there is no reason he won't. He's nearly top 3 with Rice and Moss on every single receiving record there is and Moss looks like **** in comparison.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                          I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

Originally posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
                            That's the thing, he is a hater. I absolutely HATE when analyst have an obvious bias, or even affection for a player so whenever they come up in a topic they can't put it behind them. There was no reason to say TO was washed up 3 years ago, and every big game TO has had since that point Skip made an excuse for it. He's running out of them at this point though, and he can't ever just eat his crow, bite the bullet and say TO is still dominant and he was wrong because that would make him look bad.

TO for some reason has pissed him off forever now, and he was even saying Roy Williams was gonna be better then him once we got rid of him...Not that Skip was the only one saying that about TO, but Skip hates him for other reasons and I just think it's annoying to have to listen 2 guys who are haters then try and be objective about a topic concerning said player.

People in general who act like TO isn't gonna end up in the Hall of Fame need to let go of the hate. He's right on his way to being looked at in the discussion of top 5 WR of all-time. If he finishes the season on the pace he's at, and keeps it up there is no reason he won't. He's nearly top 3 with Rice and Moss on every single receiving record there is and Moss looks like **** in comparison.
                            *shrug* that's his job, he's the controversy guy who's always supposed to argue against the pervading wisdom. You can see it in the Scottie Pippen argument that he just truly doesn't believe what he's arguing but he's trying his hardest to do his job nonetheless and play the role he's been cast for.

BK

Comment

I'll take him in Chicago if he doesn't want to catch passes from Palmer next year. Dude may be a prick at times but who the **** cares? He does his job and he does it at a very high level.
                              Last edited by sweetness34; 11-09-2010, 04:21 PM.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.

Comment

Originally posted by MidwayMonster31 View Post
                                Remember when the Cowboys won there 1st playoffs in a couple of years last year and all the media said it was T.O. that held them back, that they wouldn't have won with T.O. there because he is cancer. A year later the cowboys have won 1 game and Wade has been fired haha.

Its the media that blows things up, nobody ever says Brett favre is a selfish player, diva,cancer or anything like that because the media likes him.
                                Last edited by Complex; 11-09-2010, 04:34 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information