vick to be reinstated, suspended.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TitleTown088
    started a topic vick to be reinstated, suspended.

vick to be reinstated, suspended.

Sal Paolantonio and Chris Mortensen of ESPN are now reporting that Vick will be conditionally reinstated early next week, and he'll then be suspended four additional games.

This means that Vick will be permitted to sign with a new team and participate in training camp and the preseason before sitting out the first quarter of the campaign.
    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...ry/rumor-mill/

• NotRickJames
    replied
    Originally posted by The Unseen View Post
    I thought Goodell would go with the short suspension thing. I really don't see the point of it. In fact, it may make things worse - now in the middle of the season attention will go to Vick instead of Week 5 matchups.
    I agree. What's a four game suspension going to do?

In my opinion, Goodell should either let him play from the get-go or give him the boot permanently.

Leave a comment:

• BlindSite
    replied
    Originally posted by TACKLE View Post
    I don't think this team even runs Wildcat but this would such a sick backfield and I think would be a great place for Vick.

It might be a homer statement, but behind our line, put the philly offense in 3 backs and a QB, stewart, Williams, Goodson and Vick. Run a 4 man option.

Leave a comment:

• TACKLE
    replied
    I don't think this team even runs Wildcat but this would such a sick backfield and I think would be a great place for Vick.

Leave a comment:

• Gay Ork Wang
    replied
    i really want that guy to succeed.

Leave a comment:

• Brent
    replied
    Why would Mora bring in Vick? Vick was the reason he lost that job in the first place.

Leave a comment:

• yourfavestoner
    replied
    Come to Jacksonville PLEASEEEEEEEEE

Leave a comment:

• BlindSite
    replied
    Cerrato said no already.

Mora has always had a boner for Vick and Hasselbeck being able to take it easy when dinged up would be nice for him.

Leave a comment:

• D-Unit
    replied
    Originally posted by critesy View Post
    gaaahhh, redskins1! please. id love it.

if there is one qb i want other than jason campbell its vick. friiiick.
    I forget the name of your GM... Vinny something. He already shot down that they won't be looking at Vick.

I think Seattle could be a possibility with Jim Mora now the HC there. Seattle is a place away from the bright lights of the media. He could really thrive there. Hasselbeck is a constant healthy risk and I could see him starting off as a back up or in special packages and doing fine as he reinserts himself into the league slowly. He could put more people in the stands there, than scare away fans. I just think the Seattle grunge culture there just wouldn't care that much about his blemished past.

Leave a comment:

• critesy
    replied
    gaaahhh, redskins1! please. id love it.

if there is one qb i want other than jason campbell its vick. friiiick.

Leave a comment:

• TitleTown088
    replied
    Ravens discussing...?

A day after GM Ozzie Newsome denied interest in Michael Vick, head coach John Harbaugh acknowledged that the Ravens have discussed the conditionally reinstated free agent.

Leave a comment:

• BlindSite
    replied
    Originally posted by Nalej View Post
    It's a good idea but Goddell didn't do that to help ease the transition back to an NFL schedule.
    He did it to be a dick- he did it bc he didn't want the animal lovers to **** on him for looking like he just welcomed him back with open arms.
    The man did 2 yrs in jail and you're going to add on potentially 6 more games? Why?
    What does that prove? He's just saving his own ass, nothing else.

With everything Goddell's done- I hate him. I like that his "power" is being evaluated for the new collective bargaining agreement. I love it.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4360661
    I don't necessarily agree with Goodell's ruling but I can understand it. Vick has served his debt to society, but he hasn't served punishment for CoC violations. It sucks, but every NFL player knows if they break the law they get hit twice, it's not like Vick could've expected anything different from the NFL.

Leave a comment:

• ChezPower4
    replied
    Originally posted by yourfavestoner View Post
    If Mike Vick goes to Jacksonville, I will literally jizz in my pants.
    I really think that the possibility is there that he'll end up in Jax. Seems like a good fit as far as the offensive scheme and the Jags like to run the ball and Vick would really help make their run game more dynamic.

Leave a comment:

• vikes_28
    replied
    I wouldn't mind Vick on the Vikings. He would better than Brett Favre. On the other hand, I believe that he will go to New England. New England has proven that they are not afraid to take a chance on a guy who has had a shady past. Aka, Moss. I think that Vick could find a future home in New England, especially if Brady hurts his knee again. Or if the knee isn't 100%. I have a feeling since Miami destroyed New England in the Wildcat formation, Bellicheck has to be thinking that he could whip something amazing up with Vick lined up at QB and Brady lined up at WR. It is just a perfect match.

Leave a comment:

• Brent
    replied
    Purely for the reaction on the forum that we would see from Unseen and YFS, I want to see Vick end up there. Also, it does make a lot of sense. Del Rio seems like a guy that would work well as his coach.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X

Debug Information