X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Most overrated teams going into the season

Discuss .

The Dallas Cowboys

I have it discussed in my Truths thread.

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain

Comment

I don't think anybody is overrating them. They're projected to go anywhere from 7-9 to 9-7. They might be the most UNDERrated team this season.
      When you reach the upper level, your mind body and soul must be one.

Comment

Originally posted by princefielder28 View Post
        The Dallas Cowboys

I have it discussed in my Truths thread.
        Just scanned over your truths thread and the part about the Cowboys might be the dumbest thing I've ever read in my life. Their defense is VASTLY improved this year. You really counting trading Henry as a loss? Get real.

Comment

Originally posted by SugarSean View Post
          I don't think anybody is overrating them. They're projected to go anywhere from 7-9 to 9-7. They might be the most UNDERrated team this season.
          I wouldn't call the Cowboys underrated at all.

Comment

The NY Giants.. I really want to see how they do w/o Plax and Ward. My guess, 8-8 or 9-7

Comment

the whole NFC South besides the Saints

Comment

Originally posted by ChezPower4 View Post
                I wouldn't call the Cowboys underrated at all.
                This, of course, depends on which projections you're looking at. If they're projected to be 10-6 I don't think they are underrated. But anything less than that, yes.

Comment

Originally posted by SugarSean View Post
                  Just scanned over your truths thread and the part about the Cowboys might be the dumbest thing I've ever read in my life. Their defense is VASTLY improved this year. You really counting trading Henry as a loss? Get real.
                  Where is their defense improved? Please share Einstein, I want to hear what you have to say.

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain

Comment

they lost TO!

Comment

Dallas Cowboys

Comment

The Giants did fine last year without Plax and they drafted Ward's replacement in Andre Brown, plus they have another RB in Danny Ware that their expecting good things from. Not only that but they added some significant pieces to their defense and Kenny Phillips will have a year of NFL experience under his belt.

I think the one team that is getting overrated is the Philadelphia Eagles. Sure, they drafted Maclin but he's coming from a spread offense and will have to adjust to the pro-style set. Their DC has been undergoing cancer treatment, they lost Brian Dawkins, the leader of their secondary. I do like the moves that they have made but I don't think it's going to be enough for them to finish first in the NFC East. I think that honor will go to the NY Giants.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
                        WHO DAT!

Comment

I'd agree that Dallas' defense should be improved this season. And they werent even that bad last season. But anyway, You lose Canty but pick up Olshansky, that's pretty much a lateral move. Brooking replaces Thomas...who was absolutely awful in the middle for us. Brooking has played in Wade's defense before and he has more left in the tank then Zach did. He could end up being a nice addition...i certainly expect him to be better than Thomas, who should have opted for retirement, instead of going to KC. Then you factor in the speed factor. We have more speed now at OLB, CB, and S. With Spencer, Jenkins, and Sensabaugh starting.

Ellis still has a lot to offer but, he proved to be a liability as well. It was time for him to go back to end, full time. Spencer, a former first round pick, is the superior athlete and is finally getting his shot. While, I really liked Henry, his speed had diminished and he was always injured, no longer as effective as he once was. Jenkins will be an upgrade. And then Sensabaugh comes in replacing Roy Williams/Keith Davis....He's no pro bowler but, he is certainly an upgrade at the position. They're younger and faster...But their main core of defensive stars, remains intact. I expect them to be better...and again, they actually werent a poor unit last season. Leading the nfl sacks and finishing top 5 against the pass.

So recap:

Olshansky = Canty (or atleast wont be a major drop off)

And Ellis, Henry, Thomas, and Williams were all players w/ eroding skills. They've been replaced w/ superior athletes.
                          Last edited by M.O.T.H.; 07-23-2009, 09:49 PM.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
                          http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
                          KO KNOWS

Comment

I think I'll go with the Falcons and the Cowboys.

HM: Bears.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
                            they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
                            Hint:Not the Bears.

Comment

Last year, I would've said Dallas, but not this year. They got rid of TO to make this team more Romo-friendly, which could end badly with their pass protection. They also lost Chris Canty and replaced him with Igor Olshansky. I would not be surprised at all if they finished last in the division.
                              I am going to go with the Eagles as overrated. Hopefully the chemotherapy goes well for Jim Johnson. McDermott probably won't be able to call the plays as effectively. Sean Jones is a talent upgrade, but I don't see him commanding the defense the way Dawkins did.
                              For the offense, Jason Peters will not get it done after getting paid. Westbrook is hurt, but I think McCoy can carry the load if he has to. DeSean Jackson will improve, but I doubt that Maclin does much this year as a receiver, but he should do well as a return man. I don't think Philly will do as well as people think they will.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information