• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New England.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hFpnxVrT8Js

Comment

Originally posted by SuperMcgee View Post
      The natural order of things will be back in the AFC East this year. Pats will be way up, and no other team breaking .500

SuperMcgee...what the **** is the guy in your avatar's name. I had a crazy flashback to my WCW days from when I was like 10 years old. That's dude's a wrestler right?
      When you reach the upper level, your mind body and soul must be one.

Comment

Originally posted by SugarSean View Post
        SuperMcgee...what the **** is the guy in your avatar's name. I had a crazy flashback to my WCW days from when I was like 10 years old. That's dude's a wrestler right?
        La Parka

Heh..."The Chairman of the WCW"
        Flashback indeed.

Comment

kind of going off the espn power rankings

Ravens(6) Jets(20)

thats about it

Comment

Originally posted by BlindSite View Post
            The saints on this board are being given more props than any other team in the south and unjustifiably so. They've been expected to fire for a while now since their NFCCG appearance and are yet to do so.

There's no reason to expect Carolina or Atlanta to fall off. The Saints are still third in the division and Carolina and Atlanta are still two of the top teams in the NFC.
            Unlike past years, this year we actually have a defensive coordinator.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
            WHO DAT!

Comment

Originally posted by *** Ork Wang View Post
              the whole NFC South besides the Saints
              Originally posted by Todd Bertuzzi View Post
              New Orleans is being overrated imo.
              whilst i disagree with both, having these posts so close together made me giggle.

With respect to the NFCS:
              I think the falcons are somewhat overrated due to the fact that they played the easiest schedule ever last season, I think they actually might get better but end up with a worse record because of the schedule.
              Given how people rate the bucs they can hardly be overrated, there is no place left on the lower side.
              The panthers are a big mystery to me next season. all is in the hands of delhomme who can play like a proper qb and can play like a moron, if he does the first they'll be really good, otherwise not so much.
              My saints homer bias!!!!!!!, I think we will do pretty well, but we are depending on four things imo.
              -does our defensive backfield gel quickly enough (the talent is there now)
              -are we able to get a stable running game (young interior linemen might develope enough + nobody knows how good pierre thomas is exactly)
              -DLine production (despite teams passing on us all the time cuz we score so much we still didnt get a lot of sacks, must be better)
              -less injuries(bush, shockey, colston,half the OLine,Smith,Ellis just to name a few of the less enjoyable absentees for a big part of the season, surely lightning cant strike twice, please)

Saints 2014 draft wish list:
              - No pass rusher till the fourth round (or preferably at all)
              - Corner or Wideout in the first
              - No reaching
              - No Kelvin Benjamin

Comment

Over rated

The Jets. They have a rookie QB, they have a disgruntled pair of RB's, they have lost a solid receiver in Coles, and really only have Cotchery plus a few unknowns, they have a 2008 FA star signing in Pace who is suspended for the 1st 4 games, they have a rookie head coach and many so called experts are claiming they will have a winning season & playoff bound. No chance.
                No matter how bad a day I have, someone always has a worse day...

Comment

the panthers have yet to have back to back winning seasons under Fox

Comment

Houston seems to be every sports writers pick as the dark horse team this year, but I just don't see it.

They've improved their front 7 on defense, but their secondary is just awful. Their best corner is Dunta Robinson who is a shadow of what he was before the injury, and their other corners are just terrible. At safety they have an undersized linebacker who stinks in coverage, and a slow corner who is average on a good day.

Their offense could be a juggernaut if they can stay healthy, but if Slaton goes down for any length of time there is absolutely nothing behind him. Without a running game their play action oriented passing attack isn't going to be very effective, which is going to leave their injury prone QB exposed.

The odds of them having more than 8-9 wins is pretty slim, and I don't see them as a playoff team.

Comment

Originally posted by Sniper View Post
                      They did? 3-4 in the last seven games, including the playoffs. Some of the notables include 14 points against Philly at home, 8 against Dallas on the road, and 11 at home against Philly in the playoffs. They averaged 20.8 ppg in that time frame. They averaged 29.2 ppg before that.

The running game's not the issue. The passing game is. Andre Brown and Danny Ware don't play WR. The passing game went down the crapper after Burress' incident.

Defense wasn't the problem either.

I'm not sold on the Giants. Yes, they can run the ball and play defense, but you do have to pass it occasionally. Show me who their #1 WR is. In that offense, you need one. They don't have it.

We redesigned the system to fit our existing WRs. We have Manningham, Hixon, Smith, Nicks, Barden, Moss, and Tyree. We also drafted Beckum as well. This new system is going to be adjusted big time to fit our existing talent. We don't need a # 1 WR. We are not even a hardcore passing team. We are a running team, and we will have the balance now which we didn't when we had Burress.

Running the ball (Ball control), and great defense is going to be how we win. I think we will utilize alot of different WR personnels and mix and match depending on our opponent.

Comment

Originally posted by Shockey+Manning=Shocking View Post
                        We redesigned the system to fit our existing WRs. We have Manningham, Hixon, Smith, Nicks, Barden, Moss, and Tyree. We also drafted Beckum as well. This new system is going to be adjusted big time to fit our existing talent. We don't need a # 1 WR. We are not even a hardcore passing team. We are a running team, and we will have the balance now which we didn't when we had Burress.
                        Manningham- Has done nothing so far.
                        Hixon- A good slot receiver, maybe a decent #2 if he hits his potential.
                        Smith- Third down guy.
                        Nicks- Hasn't played a down.
                        Barden- Hasn't played a down.
                        Tyree- Give me a break.

I firmly believe that Manning needs a #1. He's done nothing to dispel those thoughts.

Comment

Originally posted by Sniper View Post
                          Manningham- Has done nothing so far.
                          Hixon- A good slot receiver, maybe a decent #2 if he hits his potential.
                          Smith- Third down guy.
                          Nicks- Hasn't played a down.
                          Barden- Hasn't played a down.
                          Tyree- Give me a break.

I firmly believe that Manning needs a #1. He's done nothing to dispel those thoughts.
                          That's why you refit the offense to fit the existing group. They still have a certain skill set, and so you adjust the passing game to fit it. Smith is going to playing Z, Hixon X, in the regular package, and in the other personnel groups everyone will be playing different spots.

With the offense not adjusted when Plax went down it's pretty damn hard for Manning to do much with a 90 year old Toomer and Hixon basically tossed in as X full time, with plays designed for Plax's skill set.

I am 100% confident two veteran coaches like Coughlin and Gilbride fixed this issue from last season during this years offseason.

You will see.. I am not worried. It's not like we are the Arizona Cards and throw a million times a game.

Comment

Overrated teams;

Falcons-They will be a good team but their defense isn't good enough plus Matt Ryan and Michael Turner have to show they can do it for more than one year. Gonzo will be a big help though.

Bears-The defense has been slipping in the past few years and without much weapons outside of Forte and Olsen then Cutler wont do much.

Cincinnatti
                            -A lot of people are saying they could make playoffs and are a potential sleeper pick. Palmer gives them a lot but even with rising stars like Leon Hall, Keith Rivers etc they are still a mediocre team in my opinion. Plus they play in a tough division.

A few thoughts on some previous comments. The Giants are not overrated in my view. With their defense and run game plus a few dependable WRs and very good o-line they will be tough to beat. I don't get why a few are saying the Patriots. The only thing that can be argued is if Brady isn't mentally prepared yet. But even if he is he will still be better than Cassell. Plus the defense, run game and TEs have all improved from the '07 season.

BoneKrusher killing it with the sig

Comment

Originally posted by fenikz View Post
                              kind of going off the espn power rankings

Ravens(6) Jets(20)

thats about it
                              Wow, how bad do you think the Jets are going to be? Top 5 pick? I have to admit I won't be surprised with anything the team does this year unless they do very, very well so it's hard for me to say I disagree. But you must think they'll definitely be awful to list them as overrated based off of a power ranking of 20.

Comment

How come no one is mentioning Indianapolis with the loss of Dungy? Sure, their offense remains potent, but losing their unifying force could prove problematic. Their RB situation still appears unsettled, and is the D good enough and healthy enough to finish? The rest of the division isn't getting worse... I'll go with the Colts.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information