Most overrated teams going into the season

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SugarSean View Post
    I don't think anybody is overrating them. They're projected to go anywhere from 7-9 to 9-7. They might be the most UNDERrated team this season.
    Here's what I said about the Dallas Cowboys before the season and I got neg repped and the comment said, "That may be the dumbest thing I've ever read."

Wow.
    When you reach the upper level, your mind body and soul must be one.

Comment

Here's what I said about the Dallas Cowboys before the season and I got neg repped and the comment said, "That may be the dumbest thing I've ever read."

Wow.
      Want a cookie?

I hate when people bring stuff like this back just to show how they were right. Big whoop.

Comment

Ok...kinda wasn't talkin to u dude. And if you can't/shouldn't do stuff like that then what the ****'s the point of having pre-season projections? What's the point of threads like this in the first place then? It's stupid to make predictions and then never revisit them. If you were right, it's not like u win an award or anything but if you were wrong then u should feel stupid as ****.

Comment

Ok...kinda wasn't talkin to u dude. And if you can't/shouldn't do stuff like that then what the ****'s the point of having pre-season projections? What's the point of threads like this in the first place then? It's stupid to make predictions and then never revisit them. If you were right, it's not like u win an award or anything but if you were wrong then u should feel stupid as ****.
          The point is if you had been wrong about those predictions you wouldn't be bumping these threads to talk about how wrong you were. You're only bringing these threads up to go "see, look how right i was, you were all stoopidz" meanwhile I'm sure you made other predictions in other threads that were completely wrong, but you won't bother revisiting those.

Comment

Originally posted by crossroads View Post
            The point is if you had been wrong about those predictions you wouldn't be bumping these threads to talk about how wrong you were. You're only bringing these threads up to go "see, look how right i was, you were all stoopidz" meanwhile I'm sure you made other predictions in other threads that were completely wrong, but you won't bother revisiting those.
            I see what you're saying but I explained in another thread that I saw (today) a bunch of negative rep I received in the preseason for writing stuff like this and I commented on it. I'm not gonna search to see if there was anything I was wrong about or if there was any other stuff I was right about. I just think it's ****** up that you can neg repped for having an opinion. An opinion that if these people knew anything about football should know is not so laughable that it deserves to be neg repped.

Comment

Steelers. *****************

Comment

Originally posted by crossroads View Post
                This has been done for years on this board. People make predictions, in the prediction threads..go figure, and then at the end of the season, talk about their mistakes and what they got right. There's usually the annual "eat your crow" thread that is made. It is a pride thing, but than what is really the point of making a prediction thread if not to pat yourself on the back at the end...or hide your face in your hands hah?? It's not as if he is making useless threads about his predictions, just bumping an old thread...it will probably be filled with a half dozen pages after this. I always enjoy laughing at my absurd predictions early in the season, for as many as people get right, they get just as many wrong...it's how it is.

I also feel SS has a little extra incentive to bring it up, considering he was absolutely bashed for his statements earlier in the year, which turned out to be dead nuts accurate. And his statements weren't even that bold, they ranged from 10-6 being possibly considering overated to 9-7 being considered more on line...yet he was grossly insulted and "neg repped". I firmly believe everyone who neg repped him should eat crow and admit he was right...we'll see if that happens.

I'll give him his props, he was spot on with his assesment of Dallas' D...especially with the play of Spencer.
                Last edited by BroadwayJoe10; 01-10-2010, 03:06 PM.

"When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time."

Comment

Well, the 1st page of this thread makes me :D

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                  I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

The Giants were overrated, but everyone whiffed badly on the reasons why.

It shows how unpredictable the NFL is.

Comment

• I don't appear to have posted in this one, but the team that I most overrated turned out to be the Steelers this year.

No other team that I rated failed, Packers didn't win the division as I had predicted, but that was more with me underrating my Vikes than overrating the Packers.

Props to BK on the sig!

Comment

• Originally posted by Basileus777 View Post
                        The Giants were overrated, but everyone whiffed badly on the reasons why.

It shows how unpredictable the NFL is.
                        Originally posted by Sniper View Post
                        Manningham- Has done nothing so far.
                        Hixon- A good slot receiver, maybe a decent #2 if he hits his potential.
                        Smith- Third down guy.
                        Nicks- Hasn't played a down.
                        Barden- Hasn't played a down.
                        Tyree- Give me a break.

I firmly believe that Manning needs a #1. He's done nothing to dispel those thoughts.
                        Is this what you were referring to?

Comment

• Peter King picked the Bears to go to the Super Bowl. lawl.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shiver View Post
                            Is this what you were referring to?
                            That and quotes like:

The running game's not the issue. The passing game is.
                            Defense wasn't the problem either. I'm not sold on the Giants. Yes, they can run the ball and play defense, but you do have to pass it occasionally. Show me who their #1 WR is. In that offense, you need one. They don't have it.
                            Those doubting the Giants mostly pointed to the WRs and no one really questioned whether they would be able to run the ball or play defense. And that's where they really failed. I thought the Giants might miss Spags, but I never expected their defense to be as bad as they were.
                            Last edited by Basileus777; 01-10-2010, 11:59 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Basileus777 View Post
                              That and quotes like:

Those doubting the Giants mostly pointed to the WRs and no one really questioned whether they would be able to run the ball or play defense. And that's where they really failed. I thought the Giants might miss Spags, but I never expected their defense to be as bad as they were.
                              Aaaaaargh, I fails. :D

I did say the Giants wouldn't be as good as advertised, though. I'll give myself 50%.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information