No announcement yet.

Most underrated teams going into the season

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's been said but I'll go with the Bengals too. Healthy Carson and a pretty great draft class should equal a lot more wins than last year. They're in a TOUGH division but I love the way their defense is shaping up and their offense is going to be explosive.

Originally posted by fenikz
    His soft D really turns me off
    ** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **

Comment

Underrated teams;

Indianapolis Colts-Yes losing Dungy, Mudd etc will hurt. But, they still have Manning throwing the ball, Wayne and Clark catching the ball, Freeney rushing the passer and Sanders knocking people's heads off. I wouldn't count them out just yet.

San Francisco 49ers-Quietly Singletary is building a very good team in San Fran. If he can get even average play at QB and WR they can win the NFC West. Their defense could turn out to be very good as well.

Denver Broncos-Is Kyle Orton Jay Cutler? No but he is a steady QB who has a history of leading winning teams. That was his team that Grossman took to the Superbowl. With Marshall, Royal, Sheffler, Moreno and that O-line their offense will be better than average, plus they play in the AFC West. They should be no worse than 7-9. People are talking about them being a #1 overall for next year's draft

BoneKrusher killing it with the sig

Comment

Homer pick, The Packers. They're getting buried in the Cutler/Favre/Stafford media frenzies but they added some pieces to their defense and the young stars on offense have another year under their belt, and Rodgers proved to the fans/the coaching staff/himself that he can be the guy in Green Bay. I like our chances this year.

sig by BoneKrusher

PACKERS BADGERS BREWERS BUCKS

Comment

Originally posted by Crickett View Post
          But Ted Cottrell is in the UFL.

Wait, you meant head coach.
          Paul Hackett anyone?

They're my second favorite team so I'm a little biased, but I like the Bengals this year. They've got a solid defense with an interesting mix of youth and experience, though I'd have to say more youth. If the offensive line plays well they'll have a lot of success this year since Palmer will have some decent weapons to throw to and they showed signs of being able to run the ball late last season. If not then they'll struggle. Tough division too, but I think they can definitely have some success if everything goes well.

Looking at the ESPN power rankings I think (in no particular order) the Chiefs, Jags, Bucs, Bills, and Redskins could make some noise this year if a couple things go the right way.

Comment

Originally posted by AntoinCD View Post
            Underrated teams;

Denver Broncos-Is Kyle Orton Jay Cutler? No but he is a steady QB who has a history of leading winning teams. That was his team that Grossman took to the Superbowl. With Marshall, Royal, Sheffler, Moreno and that O-line their offense will be better than average, plus they play in the AFC West. They should be no worse than 7-9. People are talking about them being a #1 overall for next year's draft
            Broncos is falling apart..

Comment

Originally posted by Geo View Post
              Wow. The Redskins pick was already something, but that ending there was a doozy. Do we have a picture of you next to a sleeping Brennan in his bed yet? Cripes.

Btw I wouldn't let Colt Brennan park my vehicle.
              Originally posted by HChu View Post
              I think Jason Campbell in his contract year gets it together and leads the 'Skins to a 10-6 record and the playoffs. But if there is a just god, he will let Colt Brennan (#5 on the fields, but #1 in our hearts), lead the Redskins to glory, /ridiculous faith over one preseason.
              You see Geo... All it took was 1 preseason for Colt to win over their hearts. Redskins fans could easily hate on him, but he gives them hope.

People can't knock him as a draft prospect anymore. Can't knock his size. He's bigger and stronger than ever. Can't knock the system he came from or his footwork from behind center. He's had a year of tutledge. Can't knock his performance in the time he's been given, because he's done well. If he had done bad, then you'd have a point. Can't knock his throwing motion, because there are all types of different throwing motions that have been successful in the NFL... it just all boils down to performance and what you do on the field now... and Colt has done well in that department.

Comment

Being a bit of a homer but the Rams are really underrated, and have a good chance to surprise some folks. I like what the Bengals and Jags have done this offseason too.

Comment

Originally posted by AntoinCD View Post
                  San Francisco 49ers-Quietly Singletary is building a very good team in San Fran. If he can get even average play at QB and WR they can win the NFC West. Their defense could turn out to be very good as well.
                  We have Crabtree, plus the development of Jason Hill and Josh Morgan, draft picks from 07 and 08 respectively. Along with a decent backup in Brandon Jones and the vet leadership of Isaac Bruce, i think we'll be pretty good at WR this year. And hopefully the improvement at WR will make our QB's look better too.

Comment

Originally posted by DoughBoy View Post
                    Jaguars could be good this year now that they have upgraded the O-line (of course their pass rush is still terrible.) And for all you guys picking the Texans...LOL that defense is as bad a unit as they come,if they were to lose Mario or DeMeco they wouldnt even be able to get the other offense to punt.
                    Glad to see someone else picking us. I think the Jags have the potential to go 9-7 if things go right.

Comment

Originally posted by JT Jag View Post
                      Glad to see someone else picking us. I think the Jags have the potential to go 9-7 if things go right.
                      I see the Jags as a team that is built well for the near future, but not one that will make a deep run next season. Those two tackles are going to be real nice to have in the coming years.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
                      they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
                      Hint:Not the Bears.

Comment

Originally posted by JT Jag View Post
                        I think the Jags are a year off yet. They are young along the lines and experience is going to be key for those guys because they are very talented. The receivers are young too, outside of Holt, and this will be a year of development for them as well. Would it surprise me if the Jags pulled off a .500 or better season? No but they're not going to be as polished in the trenches and that will be their downfall.

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain

Comment

Originally posted by touchdownrams View Post
                          Being a bit of a homer but the Rams are really underrated, and have a good chance to surprise some folks. I like what the Bengals and Jags have done this offseason too.
                          Although I do think the Rams have improved I don't see them making much noise this season. They do have a lot of young talent that a couple years down the road could make them dangerous and the Rams are still very unsettled at the QB position IMO.

Comment

Bengals:

A healthy Palmer to Ocho and Leonard all day. Throw in Coles, and BAM!

and Keith Rivers is sweet as well
                            We ALL bleed scarlet
                            New York Giants Super Bowl 46 Champs
                            UNITED: I actually attend the college I root for
                            Originally posted by PalmerToCJ
                            BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.

Comment

Originally posted by scottyboy View Post
                              Bengals:

A healthy Palmer to Ocho and Leonard all day. Throw in Coles, and BAM!

and Keith Rivers is sweet as well
                              ...and so is Rey "shoulda been a Cowboy" Maualuga. :( :( :(

Comment

I'll be a homer and say the Saints have SB chances if they put it together, I also think that atleast one other NFC West team will be in the playoff race, I'd prolly lean towards the 9'ers right now. I think the Packers will win the North as well.

In the AFC I think the Jags will be a playoff race team again if the O-Line stays healthy. I also like the Jets, I think their D will be nasty and Sanchez fits well.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information