And the Worst Off-Season in NFL History Continues

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by Brent :
    Ford Motor Co. ain't doing so hot either.

Read the news once in a while. Ford just posted a surprise 2.3B profit for the quarter, their stock price has more than doubled since its low point, and as the only US automaker that didn't accept bailout money, they are primed to bounce back (though it's still admittedly a long road).

As for the Lions, it's looking more and more like this was the best possible year to have the #1 overall pick instead of the worst like some Lions fans were moaning about.

Stafford has looked great so far (for what it's worth) and more specifically, it looks like next year's uncapped year and the uncertain future beyond has caused agents to play harder ball with their first rounders than ever before (as speculated by one NFL commentator with the initials of M. Florio). So getting the first overall pick signed before the draft might turn out to be even more important this year, the huge money they paid him notwithstanding.

Of course, I believed from the beginning that, like with all incredibly huge rookie contracts, Stafford's contract would look pretty ordinary only a year or two later, and if he's a true franchise QB, it will be a bargain for most of its length.
    Here, here. FoMoCo underwent their QC nightmare back in the 70s & made changes, remember the Ford has a better idea lightbulb ads? Ford is the only US automaker that didn't take the bailout $ to their great credit, & are now turning it around to post a profit, also they are way ahead of GM & others on the hybrids & alternate fuels vehicles. GM & Chrysler did not & now are dependent on US Govt. handouts & foreign automaker mergers to stay afloat, both of which I adamantly disagree with, if they're too big to go bankrupt they're too big to exist, no more extortion of taxpayer $ -- don't get me started on that! I drive a FoMoCo SUV & get **** MPG on California fwys, so I drive it very seldom.... whadya-gonnado?

The Lions upside is 400% > than their downside, they could only get better. if they can overcome the lingering locker rm. demoralization from 08 they can do well. If I read your assessment & Florio's analysis right, they've spent their $ well this yr on Stafford when you compare this yr & next yr's QB classes.

Denver on the other hand has dug its own grave with a double shovel. I expect them to be drafting in the top 4-5 teams next yr, & that will make Jerry Angelo, Jay Cutler & the Bears very happy.

Comment

Originally posted by LizardState View Post
      Here, here. FoMoCo underwent their QC nightmare back in the 70s & made changes, remember the Ford has a better idea lightbulb ads? Ford is the only US automaker that didn't take the bailout $ to their great credit, & are now turning it around to post a profit, also they are way ahead of GM & others on the hybrids & alternate fuels vehicles. GM & Chrysler did not & now are dependent on US Govt. handouts & foreign automaker mergers to stay afloat, both of which I adamantly disagree with, if they're too big to go bankrupt they're too big to exist, no more extortion of taxpayer $ -- don't get me started on that! I drive a FoMoCo SUV & get **** MPG on California fwys, so I drive it very seldom.... whadya-gonnado?

The Lions upside is 400% > than their downside, they could only get better. if they can overcome the lingering locker rm. demoralization from 08 they can do well. If I read your assessment & Florio's analysis right, they've spent their $ well this yr on Stafford when you compare this yr & next yr's QB classes.

Denver on the other hand has dug its own grave with a double shovel. I expect them to be drafting in the top 4-5 teams next yr, & that will make Jerry Angelo, Jay Cutler & the Bears very happy.
      First, I have no idea what the nonsense was about the Lions, Ford Motor Company, no idea why you talked about that.

Anyways, I think people overreact to the moves the Broncos made. As well, why would the Bears and Jerry Angelo care what the Broncos do?

Comment

jarvis moss may retire. lol
        my scent?...like making love to a lumberjack
        <TACKLE> i will ngata give you a bj raji
        <+BOE> Scott, with Burfict's character concerns (whether legit or not) you think Pioli would draft him. :D
        <+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
        Originally posted by Hermstheman83
        What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.

Comment

Originally posted by jth1331 View Post

Anyways, I think people overreact to the moves the Broncos made. As well, why would the Bears and Jerry Angelo care what the Broncos do?
          Maybe he meant Seahawks- the worst the Broncos do- the higher Seattle picks.
          -Boston Red Sox-New England Patriots-Boston Celtics-

Comment

Originally posted by Nalej View Post
            Maybe he meant Seahawks- the worst the Broncos do- the higher Seattle picks.
            Thanx for the correction, I meant whoever holds the #1 Denver pick in 2010. Mortgaging their immediate future exacerbated the controversy created by trading Cutler.

Comment

Working...
            X

Debug Information