And the Worst Off-Season in NFL History Continues

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• And the Worst Off-Season in NFL History Continues

With the "Un-Expected" non-signing of Knowshon Moreno (And without mention of Ayers, who hasn't signed either) the Denver Broncos have promised their fans that they really don't have any way of turning this season into a surprise.

I am trying so hard to stay positive, I really am, but this makes it harder.

This is clearly one of the most abysmal organizations in the sport now.
    I mean I can understand not signing a first round pick. But both Ayers and Moreno? The players we need most? It sucks to be a Broncos fan right now

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_12920210

Edit: The good news is we have been very productive in signing 8 of 10 rookies before OTA's...
    The Bad News is none of those 8 players are named Robert Ayers or Knowshon Moreno.
    Last edited by Jimmy; 07-27-2009, 07:33 AM.

wow. They are doing pretty bad.

Id like to see a timeline lol

Comment

at least their players are staying out of jail cells
      Last edited by no bare feet; 07-27-2009, 11:28 AM.
      Originally posted by njx9
      i mean, why wouldn't the broncos take cam newton? they can play him at quarterback WITH tebow!

Comment

i pity Brian Dawkins

Comment

Raiders and Bronco's fans now have something to bond over.
          Sam Bradford will be a bust- 2/24/2010

Colts Cardinals Bulls Hurricanes

Comment

It is going to be hilarious if the Broncos surprise all of us and do well.

Comment

As of Sunday night, only four of 32 first-round picks had reached agreements.
              Give it some time. Moreno will be fine if he misses the first 2 or 3 days. Interesting choice of #27 as his jersey number.

Btw the young cornerback who most caught my eye last season? Probably Andre Goodman of the Miami Dolphins, who the Broncos signed in the offseason. Keep an eye on him.

I was kind of saving this for something, but I guess I'll post this here:

Everyone thinks the trade for Alphonso Smith is so terrible. I don't think it necessarily is, actually. Maybe even genius? They traded what is probably a Top 10, if not really a Top 5 (or 3?) pick in the 2010 Draft for a second round pick in Alphonso Smith.

They acquired a 1st round talent (imo) and saved $30-50 million in doing it.

Let's say for the sake of example that the Broncos have the 5th overall pick next year.
              2007 5th overall Levi Brown: 6 years, base value $37.47M, max value $61.95M, guaranteed $18.05M.
              2008 5th overall Glenn Dorsey: 5 years, base $33M, max $55.5M, guaranteed $22.5M.
              2009 5th overall Marc Sanchez: 5 years, base $44.5M, likely $50.5M, max $60M, guaranteed $28M.
              and then compare that to
              2009 37th overall Alphonso Smith: 4 years, $4.08M with $2.15M signing bonus.
              That money saved could go to a Brandon Marshall extension or signing a major impact free agent (like Vince Wilfork!) next summer. The key is spending that money saved though.

Also acquiring Smith and Goodman might perhaps lead to trading Bailey next year, which means additional assets.
              Pugnacity, testosterone, truculence, and belligerence.

Comment

Originally posted by *** Ork Wang View Post
                i pity Brian Dawkins
                He should just retire.

Comment

geo.

welcome to the 'real world' of football economics... and what it takes to actually survive and grow.

first round draft picks, especially high draft picks, are ruinious... look at detroit, and how many years, how many picks they've picked, and wasted, and got killed financially over.
                  http://i38.tinypic.com/2aj2s7t.jpg
                  For a good time call (303) 499-7111.whitspacsig by steel man

United: "I actually went to the college I root for"

Comment

Originally posted by awfullyquiet View Post
                    first round draft picks, especially high draft picks, are ruinious... look at detroit, and how many years, how many picks they've picked, and wasted, and got killed financially over.
                    Ford Motor Co. ain't doing so hot either.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

Originally posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
                      It is going to be hilarious if the Broncos surprise all of us and do well.
                      HA. I'm actually on that bandwagon. Hop on.
                      The Brian Sabean sig is no more. I disagreed with you on so many levels. And then you went out and built a dynasty. I am lame.

Comment

Originally posted by Brent View Post
                        Ford Motor Co. ain't doing so hot either.
                        goes hand in hand.
                        http://i38.tinypic.com/2aj2s7t.jpg
                        For a good time call (303) 499-7111.whitspacsig by steel man

United: "I actually went to the college I root for"

Comment

Originally posted by ChezPower4 View Post
                          He should just retire.
                          Or demand to get traded back to the eagles. :)

Comment

Originally posted by awfullyquiet View Post
                            goes hand in hand.
                            Matt Millen killed the automobile industry?

Comment

Originally posted by Basileus777 View Post
                              Matt Millen killed the automobile industry?
                              Video killed the radio star?

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information