Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

When will the 1st round picks sign?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    Originally posted by *** Ork Wang View Post
    its not even preseason.
    what the coaches say or teammates is ******* useless. People were all over Earl Bennetts nuts around this time in Chicago. Look how that played out.
    Measurables are useless in the NFL. Thats why Al Davis doesnt have the best draft every year.

    To say this was a good pick, and to assume that a first round pick was worth, just because the college players havent played yet and you assume no one is going to be better than him in the first round? really? i mean you think if he was that great, you dont think any other team wouldve jumped on him? Its not like a QB or a TE that is only a need marginal. Pass rushers are always needed. To think the Lions passed on him 3 times although their defense is horrible, you really think he's got to be awesome or gonna be great cause he is as big as freeney.

    Thats why people think you are a homer.
    I think he's going to be fine, I didn't say great, because the largest reason for his fall was that he wasn't wanting to switch to an OLB in a 34 and was possibly too small to be a 43 end in most systems. Neither are issues in Carolina's case. That's why he's going to be fine.

    The fact that he's already making impressions says to me that the cost of having a known commodity for cheap, is better than paying double for an unknown one.

    Unless you disagree with knowing what you have, paying less for it and filling a need within a system, there isn't really any way you can say I'm wrong or a homer.

    All I've said is the knock on this guy coming out don't apply in this case and he'll be fine in the system. Why get so bent out of shape?

    by the way, I wouldn't use the Lions as an example of who to draft, from what I recall, it's not exactly their strong suit.

    Comment


    • #32
      all TT said is taht he prolly has his reasons to fall to the 2nd round. u bring up measurables and compare him to two great accomplished DEs in the league.
      To think he fell because he didnt want to be in a 3-4 should make u think. I mean Carolina isnt the only team that uses undersized DEs.

      He wasnt a known commodity when u picked him. The chance to have great pass rushers in the first round is always higher than the pass rushers in the second. Thats why it is so rare to trade ur future first for a 2nd rounder. I mean, you dont think if it was normal people wouldve started to question the move?

      You really think being undersized for a DE was the only know on him?

      Does not hold up well against the run...Pretty raw and wasn't used much in coverage...A little inconsistent...Frame is close to being maxed out...Marginal instincts and awareness...Poor program pedigree...Limited starting experience.

      Comment


      • #33
        Originally posted by TitleTown088 View Post
        The picks may sign when Crabtree stops being a dick.
        What in the world is that supposed to mean???

        Last I checked 7 players drafted BEFORE Crabtree have yet to sign.

        Comment


        • #34
          Originally posted by phlysac View Post
          What in the world is that supposed to mean???

          Last I checked 7 players drafted BEFORE Crabtree have yet to sign.
          I think he said that because of the reports that he's wanting more money than the 10th pick should probably get.
          Still Team The Ke$ha!!!

          [@TDWinstead]
          Originally posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
          Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

          Comment


          • #35
            Originally posted by BlindSite View Post
            Not from what's already been said about him. He's under ron meeks too, he did a little something with two guys in Indianapolis.
            Meeks didn't do **** for Freeney and Mathis. The only important coach for those guys is defensive line coach John Teerlink.
            Pugnacity, testosterone, truculence, and belligerence.

            Comment


            • #36
              Honestly, I don't know why Eugene Monroe hasn't signed yet. He was picked 8th. The Jaguars picked Derrick Harvey 8th just last year. It's just a matter of how much of an incremental increase the Jags are willing to give, because the base is already there.

              And it's not like Monroe can hold the Jags hostage. Tra Thomas is just begging for the opportunity to take the starting left tackle position and sit on it all year.

              Comment


              • #37
                Originally posted by The Great Jonathan Vilma View Post
                Ah, I am happy to not have to deal with this. So happy Sanchez signed early and removed any potential frustration.
                Signing Sanchez will create more frustration down the road than it removed early ;)

                Comment


                • #38
                  I hope Oakland breaks the bank on Bey and Crabtree holds out for even more.

                  I love the guys that think they deserve paid better than their slot says. Sure you were said to be drafted higher but guess what? You didn't. Crabtree and Quinn are the last two i can think of who thought they deserved paid like where they thought they were gonna go.

                  Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    Originally posted by phlysac View Post
                    What in the world is that supposed to mean???

                    Last I checked 7 players drafted BEFORE Crabtree have yet to sign.
                    PLayers ahead of him are hesitant to sign because they dont want to sign and have him come in later and get more.

                    Players after him don't wanna sign because if he gets more than he should, they think they'll be able to.

                    Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      Originally posted by *** Ork Wang View Post
                      its not even preseason.
                      what the coaches say or teammates is ******* useless. People were all over Earl Bennetts nuts around this time in Chicago. Look how that played out.
                      Measurables are useless in the NFL. Thats why Al Davis doesnt have the best draft every year.

                      To say this was a good pick, and to assume that a first round pick was worth, just because the college players havent played yet and you assume no one is going to be better than him in the first round? really? i mean you think if he was that great, you dont think any other team wouldve jumped on him? Its not like a QB or a TE that is only a need marginal. Pass rushers are always needed. To think the Lions passed on him 3 times although their defense is horrible, you really think he's got to be awesome or gonna be great cause he is as big as freeney.

                      Thats why people think you are a homer.
                      Cliff Avril is all the pass rush the Lions need.


                      The problem arises when people use statistics like a drunk uses a lamp post: for support instead of illumination.

                      If luck is where preparation meets opportunity, then clutch is where failure meets luck.

                      <Add1ct> setting myself on fire can't be that hard
                      <Add1ct> but tackling a mosquito might prove a challenge

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        Eric Wood signed. I may be the only person to think Wood will be a better pro than Mack.
                        Originally posted by njx9
                        i mean, why wouldn't the broncos take cam newton? they can play him at quarterback WITH tebow!

                        Comment


                        • #42
                          Originally posted by no bare feet View Post
                          Eric Wood signed. I may be the only person to think Wood will be a better pro than Mack.
                          Probably. Alex Mack is a beast.

                          "He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan

                          Comment


                          • #43
                            Originally posted by no bare feet View Post
                            Eric Wood signed. I may be the only person to think Wood will be a better pro than Mack.
                            I like both a lot. Mack I liked a little better, but I'm very happy with Wood (hehe).

                            We're playing him at guard, anyway. At least for now. Wouldn't surprise me to see him step in and be the best player on the line. Which is kind of unfortunate :/

                            Comment


                            • #44
                              Originally posted by no bare feet View Post
                              Eric Wood signed. I may be the only person to think Wood will be a better pro than Mack.
                              I think Wood is just a plain nasty run blocker. He has that real tenacity and gets after guys.

                              Comment


                              • #45
                                Originally posted by Smooth Criminal View Post
                                PLayers ahead of him are hesitant to sign because they dont want to sign and have him come in later and get more.

                                Players after him don't wanna sign because if he gets more than he should, they think they'll be able to.
                                Yeah, blame it all on one guy. Makes sense. If they hold out they are no different.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information