No announcement yet.

R.I.P Jim Johnson

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Even as a Giants fan, you had to respect someone as good as Jim Johnson. Arguably the greatest defensive mind of the past 15 years. RIP.

Originally posted by Halsey
    I don't have to watch it to know it was not interesting.

Comment

Holy crap, i loved seeing his defense play. A great great mind

Comment

Wow that is terrible RIP.

Comment

This is terrible news, a great defensive mind and a coach I thought very highly of. Sad to see him go. RIP

Comment

Sad news. He was one of the best Defensive Coordinators. His blitz schemes where just great. RIP.

Vikings | Yankees | Magic | Sabres | Chelsea FC | Alabama | St. Bonaventure

Comment

Johnson knew how to design and use well placed blitzes. He was one of the great defensive coordinators in the league. RIP Jim Johnson.

Comment

I am choked up about this. I was at Eagles training camp today, and one of the staff members had told me he was there inside the campus. I went from thinking he was in good condition to finding out about his death in a matter of 4 hours. So to an extent, it is a bit of an emotional roller coaster for me, and I hate using words like that, but I can't describe it any other way right now.

Not only was this man a great coach, but looking at all the coaches around the league that have come from under him, as well as all the players that have been so deeply touched, this is not only a brilliant football mind, but a person who was well loved by everyone around him. He may have been known for his expressionless look on the sideline, but especially now, we are finding out about how this man has touched so many people's lives.

I didn't realize it while I was at training camp, but Andy Reid, and presumably the rest of the team found out during the afternoon practice. The guys came out in a mood that I would say is uncharacteristicly relaxed, with lots of joking and laid back. Usually the team will have a few players walking around talking to fans after practice is over. That was not the case today, they brought it in, but their hands together, and we didn't hear a thing, there was no loud chant of "hard work" or anything like that. The team came together and then went back to the locker room. I thought nothing of it at the time, but I can only assume what they were talking about had something to do with Jim's passing. This is one of my saddest days as an Eagles fan, and I will truly miss him, as I'm sure many others will as well.
                Nanna Bryndís Hilmarsdóttir is a goddess

Rest in Peace, themaninblack

Comment

R.I.P. Coach Johnson. You kept my Bucs outta the superbowl more than once.

Comment

Wow. RIP. He was one of the best ever.
                    -Boston Red Sox-New England Patriots-Boston Celtics-

Comment

One of the most brilliant defensive minds the game has ever seen. RIP.

The NFL is not better without him.

Coordinators seriously need to get HOF consideration.

Comment

Wow, R.I.P Jim one of the greatest defensive minds ever.

Originally posted by Jurrell Casey
                        I love light skin and white women but my main chick is brown skin

Comment

RIP Jim. One of the best, if not the best, defensive minds of the past decade.

Comment

Wow, RIP. Sorta sudden... I know he was dealing with cancer, but it sounded like he was taking personal time to fight.

Comment

This is sad. Why is everybody dying?

sig by fenikz
                              Originally posted by ImBrotherCain
                              You are just a terrible person.
                              Originally posted by bigbluedefense
                              I have an iPhone.

Comment

You've gotta ******* be ******** me.

Comment

Working...
                                X