No announcement yet.

R.I.P Jim Johnson

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow. I knew he was sick but I hadn't heard anything about it in a while. I had no idea it was this bad.

RIP Jim. One of the greatest in NFL history.

Originally posted by fenikz
    His soft D really turns me off
    ** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **

Comment

Best 4-3 coordinator ever?

Comment

Sad to see him go. Rest in peace.

Comment

A tremendous defensive coordinator. A great competitor and coach. I'm going to miss seeing him on the sidelines when the Saints or Steelers played against him. I loved his defenses. My condolences to the Johnson family.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
          WHO DAT!

Comment

I loved his aggressive style, that's my kind of coach.

RIP Jim Johnson

you will be missed.
            Taking a Knapp.

Comment

Originally posted by Sniper View Post
              Best 4-3 coordinator ever?
              not just a 4-3 but best DC overall in my mind.if he had to deal with injuries to key players he was able to make the backups excel in his system and that's the sign of a great DC IMO

Comment

Damn, this is sad to hear.
                "If you have one finger pointing at somebody, you have three pointing towards yourself."
                ~Nigerian Proverb

Da riddum is too much for you.
                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nKx27QrgO0

Comment

http://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/mu...75&play_clip=Y

Comment

The Eagles defense is going to be playing very inspired this season and TBH that is a pretty scary thought.

Comment

wow... sad news indeed.

RIP

Comment

Originally posted by ChezPower4 View Post
                        The Eagles defense is going to be playing very inspired this season and TBH that is a pretty scary thought.
                        You're all ****** now.

Comment

wow this is terrible

The way it is

GamerTag : GrubbyPaws (Halo 3, NCAA 09, Madden 09)

Comment

Originally posted by ChezPower4 View Post
                            Not only that but Sean McDermott, one of my favorite young assistant coaches, has taken over as DC. Philadelphia's is going to be hard to handle. I'm sure Brian Dawkins wish he wouldn't have left now.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
                            WHO DAT!

Comment

Well this is quite shocking news. The NFL is worsened today, as they have lost one of the greatest defensive minds the game has ever seen. Jim Johnson personified Philadelphia with his mean and aggressive defenses, and he terrorized opposing quarterbacks for a decade. Jim Johnson, you're gone but not forgotten, though you're no longer here in body your spirit and ideals lives on in those you taught. You were more than an amazing coach, you were a teacher, Jim Johnson taught each and everyone of his players and coaches individually. Jim has had a profound impact on the NFL, just look at his coaching tree, he has taught Steve Spagnuolo, Ron Rivera, Leslie Frazier and John Harbaugh.

Harbuagh said this of Jim Johnson's passing: "I loved Jim Johnson. This is a sad day for so many people who were touched by this great man. Ingrid and I, the Harbaugh family, and the Ravens have Jim’s wife, Vicky, and the Johnson family in our thoughts and prayers. Jim was a tremendous teacher of football and life. He had a special ability to bring out the best in people while getting you to see the best in yourself. He saw potential and developed it. He made me believe I could coach at this level. In football, he was a pioneering and brilliant strategist, changing the way defense is played in the NFL. For me, he was a father-type mentor, and above all, a cherished friend. He belongs in the Hall of Fame. I will miss him so much."

That only goes to show you the type of person Jim Johnson was, he was more than just a coach.

http://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/mu...75&play_clip=Y

May Jim Johnson rest in peace.

Not only that but Sean McDermott, one of my favorite young assistant coaches, has taken over as DC. Philadelphia's is going to be hard to handle. I'm sure Brian Dawkins wish he wouldn't have left now.
                              This makes me wish Dawkins was still in Philly, could you imagine a Dawkins inspired by the death of a coach that he played 10 years for? He would come out with a reckless abandon, take no prisoners approach that would rub off on the defense. If only...

Comment

I know this is a bit off topic, and I don't wanna get this headed in another direction but does any Eagles fan, or anyone else know much about Sean McDermott?

Is he a JJ disciple? Will he basically be picking up and running with the same scheme that he learned from him, I imagine they were somewhat anticipating not having him around, but I don't know much about this guy.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                                I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information